Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Calexit - referendum is closer to being on the 2018 ballot

Ya that is a good point. They were a shit show.

Federal government has subsidized the south essentially since the civil war, calling California a welfare stat because they had a decade or two of issues when the deep south has had more then 100 years of it is fairly ridiculous. I am a big fan of the idea of all non-federally used tax dollars remaining in state, your state mismanages the shit out of itself why the hell should the rest of us support you, Its one thing to help after natural disasters its another to finance incompetence.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

The point of taxes is to reallocate funds to where they are needed. I have no problem with that money going to people who need it- whether or not they share my political ideologies.

CalExit, btw, is a Russian backed, fake movement designed to create more political disruption. The guy who started it even moved to Russia last year after the funding sources were revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Federal government has subsidized the south essentially since the civil war
    Really? You mean after the north destroyed almost the entire south's economy they then needed help after the war? Shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    calling California a welfare stat because they had a decade or two of issues
    It was more than a decade or two, but okay. You're acting like California has always had Hollywood, vast amounts of farming, Silicon Valley, tourists, and a large population. They weren't even one of the largest states in the early 1900's. Shit, Alabama was bigger than them.

I am a big fan of the idea of all non-federally used tax dollars remaining in state, your state mismanages the shit out of itself why the hell should the rest of us support you, Its one thing to help after natural disasters its another to finance incompetence.
    Well good news then! According to a more accurate report (not that shitty one that shows all "blue" states are subsidizing all "red" states), it turns out California gets about 99 cents for every 100 cents they pay in federal taxes.

The state gets like 400 billion dollars in federal tax dollars via Medicare, Medicaid, social security payments, military pay, and etc etc.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-27-2017 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    CalExit, btw, is a Russian backed, fake movement designed to create more political disruption. The guy who started it even moved to Russia last year after the funding sources were revealed.
    LOL.

The point of taxes is to reallocate funds to where they are needed. I have no problem with that money going to people who need it- whether or not they share my political ideologies.

You really have an obsession with Russia don't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    You really have an obsession with Russia don't you?
    They stole our election! WaAAAAaAaaahhhhh!!!

Lolwut? Just...stop posting, retard.

9. Default

You know, that shit actually happened you ignorant fucks - Why do you insist on living in a fact free world dipshit 1 and dipshit 2?

Here let me google that for you.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    You know, that shit actually happened you ignorant fucks - Why do you insist on living in a fact free world dipshit 1 and dipshit 2?

Here let me google that for you.

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...htmlstory.html
    Yeah it was a thing. It's not only one guy talking about secession here though.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist