Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pure weakness = head crits

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I have my own + thurfels, strength, blurs, 101/107 and 103 while it lasts. So basically spirits + wizard spells in addition to my own. Should be enough. I mean i cause destruction and mayhem, offense is definately not an issue at all. It's defense that feels a bit weak. And its head crits killing me. Just wondering if it will get worse as i start more difficult areas.
    wow, yeah that should be enough. Not exactly sure what the problem is then. Try fighting in stance advance or forward? EBP at lower stances actually comes into play quite a bit.

EBP?

Why would i want to hunt in anything lower than guarded, wouldnt that mean lower DS?

EBP?

Why would i want to hunt in anything lower than guarded, wouldnt that mean lower DS?
    Higher = greater offense(aka stance advance, offensive etc.) in my lexicon. Lower = more defense (aka stance guarded, defensive)

If you're hunting in stance guarded consistently and still getting killed frequently with all those spells mentioned, I think bards need a looking into by the GMs (can't believe I'm saying this since they are monsters after 70ish and go full spell-bard).
    Last edited by hello; 07-25-2017 at 01:38 PM.

I think its due to too many boxes + CMs/DS pushdown from encumberance thats getting me. I tend to hunt on the more risky side. And where I hunt I can end up completely full on boxes in all my epic deepend containers, so im like mega encumbered. But again, how do you pull loot home from a hunt?

I think its due to too many boxes + CMs/DS pushdown from encumberance thats getting me. I tend to hunt on the more risky side. And where I hunt I can end up completely full on boxes in all my epic deepend containers, so im like mega encumbered. But again, how do you pull loot home from a hunt?
    Hm, since I swing I'm rarely above somewhat encumbered. If you're at "perhaps you should lighten your load", you're asking for deaths.

Sure, so do most people return back to camp after they pick up one box? or two? I get 3-6 in one hunt, which encumbers me badly disk or not.

Sure, so do most people return back to camp after they pick up one box? or two? I get 3-6 in one hunt, which encumbers me badly disk or not.
    I typically head back before I get too encumbered. With 509 running and a disk you should be able to carry a few boxes before becoming encumbered.

Also do you train in CM or perception? Do you have at least 1x in PF?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Higher = greater offense(aka stance advance, offensive etc.) in my lexicon. Lower = more defense (aka stance guarded, defensive)
    If you're hunting in stance guarded consistently and still getting killed frequently with all those spells mentioned, I think bards need a looking into by the GMs (can't believe I'm saying this since they are monsters after 70ish and go full spell-bard).
    Nobody uses that terminology, because the shield is measured top, highest as being 100% defensive on the front ends for the last forevers.

Going back to OP:
    A) What style pure are you? Runestaff or Shield?
    Runestaff (i know its slightly inferior to shield (i have read your guide sir), but I do it for RP reasons)
    B) What is head-critting you? AS/DS resolved attacks, CMANs?
    Mostly flesh golems double swing knocks me down and stuns me (it almost always happens when there are two in the room), then im stunned next shot is usually head critting me. Also cmans have killed me lately too. To be fair, I will admit I carry a crap-ton of boxes, i know thats a no-no for cmans etc. but....how else am i supposed to keep the loot form my hunt?
    C) What's your training/outside spells like? Are you running Luck?
    I currently am running 1003, 1007(i hunt with a wizard), 1010...should i also run mirrors and luck? feels like that would be really expensive for me now (180 mana)

My DS seems very low compared to my wizard. OK i know it will NEVER compare to a wizard's DS, but its like HALF. I think there is some environment pushdown, or perhaps its dropping a ton when i am full on boxes...its about 230 DS at the end of my hunt. Usually starts i think max at 320? My wizards is like 420+. Do we just have to kind of live with low DS? Was hoping my 10x armor would help with that. But it still feels very low.
    Your DS IS crap by comparison... There's a reason I recommend shields! I took the path of lower defense, and now my defense is lower... Yes... that's you. You also seeing a DS pushdown with two critters when you're at a lower stance because of Multi-opponent combat pushing you down towards offensive from guarded. The reason wizards don't observe this as often is because they can just hang out in offensive and pick their noses.

Bards are very different than wizards. Encumbrance hurts at least 10x as much with a bard as with a wizard. If we ignore CMANs for a moment, you may still be 1x dodge, and you're still running 1019. Both of these are adding dodge, which gets reduced by encumbrance. So, more carrying, less dodging, less DS. Whereas a wizard's DS contribution from dodge is isolated to the +20 (subject to air lore) bonus on 911. You shouldn't be picking up ANY boxes on a bard if a wizard is there with capacity... .... ... After you've filled BOTH disks. Don't forget about disks. You can also use sonic armor for some free encumbrance due to how lightening works on armor... but if you're alternatives are HCP or 10x, sounds like physical is the way to go.

Alright, provide your full training, lets have a full look at you!

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

You should really disregard everything Hello says about game mechanics. Even when he is correct it is purely by accident.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Strength (STR): 70
    Constitution (CON): 50
    Dexterity (DEX): 50
    Agility (AGI): 78
    Discipline (DIS): 59
    Aura (AUR): 89
    Logic (LOG): 81
    Intuition (INT): 45
    Wisdom (WIS): 50
    Influence (INF): 88

Name: xxx Race: Dark Elf Profession: Bard (shown as: Spellsinger)
    Normal (Bonus) ... Enhanced (Bonus)
    Strength (STR): 90 (20) ... 90 (20)
    Constitution (CON): 70 (5) ... 72 (6)
    Dexterity (DEX): 83 (26) ... 83 (26)
    Agility (AGI): 96 (28) ... 96 (28)
    Discipline (DIS): 72 (1) ... 72 (1)
    Aura (AUR): 100 (35) ... 127 (48)
    Logic (LOG): 88 (19) ... 88 (19)
    Intuition (INT): 63 (11) ... 63 (11)
    Wisdom (WIS): 72 (16) ... 72 (16)
    Influence (INF): 100 (20) ... 109 (24)

xxx (at level 56), your current skill bonuses and ranks (including all modifiers) are:
    Skill Name | Current Current
    | Bonus Ranks
    Two Weapon Combat..................| 15 3
    Armor Use..........................| 165 65
    Blunt Weapons......................| 10 2
    Multi Opponent Combat..............| 5 1
    Physical Fitness...................| 156 56
    Dodging............................| 96 22
    Arcane Symbols.....................| 15 3
    Magic Item Use.....................| 132 36
    Harness Power......................| 156 56
    Elemental Mana Control.............| 86 19
    Mental Mana Control................| 158 58
    Spiritual Lore - Religion..........| 4 0
    Sorcerous Lore - Demonology........| 10 2
    Mental Lore - Manipulation.........| 159 59
    Perception.........................| 66 14
    Climbing...........................| 140 40
    Swimming...........................| 50 10

Spell Lists
    Minor Elemental....................| 31

Spell Lists
    Bard...............................| 64
    Training Points: 39 Phy 0 Mnt (1718 Phy converted to Mnt)
    (Use SKILLS BASE to display unmodified ranks and goals)

Dont rip me too hard, i know i need work. I have fixskill, not affraid to use it. I'd like to keep runestaff, is the DS loss that bad from going runestaff instead of shield? Really like my nervestaff.

I know for example i need to bring up my MNE ranks to 2/3rd etc. What else?
    Last edited by nocturnix; 07-25-2017 at 02:11 PM.