Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pure weakness = head crits

Default Pure weakness = head crits

Been dying to head crits ALOT lately. Its like creatures know i am wearing augmented chain and just go for my head constantly. Having nothing on my head feels like a huge weakness. But I guess there is nothing i can do about it. What do other pure bards do?

With augmented chain you still have the equivalent of like brig on your head or something.

My bard is pure and he's in augmented chain as well.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-25-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    Been dying to head crits ALOT lately. Its like creatures know i am wearing augmented chain and just go for my head constantly. Having nothing on my head feels like a huge weakness. But I guess there is nothing i can do about it. What do other pure bards do?
    If you're a shorter race this will happen. Also, plenty of crit padded greathelms.. like they go for 25k a piece not that hard to fix.

But if i wear a greathelm then my spell hindrance goes up to hauberk, right?

@tg01 - maybe its my lack of crit padding on my aug chain then. I used to wear a 6x/hcp set and have since switched to 10x 0cp (waiting for my premium points to afford the HCP on it)....perhaps thats why i'm dying constantly now...(aug chain without hcp)

As for race I am a Dark Elf, is that a short race?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    If you're a shorter race this will happen. Also, plenty of crit padded greathelms.. like they go for 25k a piece not that hard to fix.
    A) Please provide 5 Critters that are too short to hit the head on an average height player.
    B) Greathelm would swap the hindrance ASG
    C) Beyond ability to hit, there's no known change on where you hit based on relative height.

Going back to OP:
    A) What style pure are you? Runestaff or Shield?
    B) What is head-critting you? AS/DS resolved attacks, CMANs?
    C) What's your training/outside spells like? Are you running Luck?

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

But if i wear a greathelm then my spell hindrance goes up to hauberk, right?

@tg01 - maybe its my lack of crit padding on my aug chain then. I used to wear a 6x/hcp set and have since switched to 10x 0cp (waiting for my premium points to afford the HCP on it)....perhaps thats why i'm dying constantly now...(aug chain without hcp)

As for race I am a Dark Elf, is that a short race?
    Dark Elf is medium height race, it's what my bard is too.

The loss of hcp might be the problem, but then again you did gain +20 DS so it depends on what kind of rolls are killing you and what kind of weapons.

Also yes, don't wear a helm :O

Going back to OP:
    Runestaff (i know its slightly inferior to shield (i have read your guide sir), but I do it for RP reasons)
    Mostly flesh golems double swing knocks me down and stuns me (it almost always happens when there are two in the room), then im stunned next shot is usually head critting me. Also cmans have killed me lately too. To be fair, I will admit I carry a crap-ton of boxes, i know thats a no-no for cmans etc. but....how else am i supposed to keep the loot form my hunt?
    I currently am running 1003, 1007(i hunt with a wizard), 1010...should i also run mirrors and luck? feels like that would be really expensive for me now (180 mana)

My DS seems very low compared to my wizard. OK i know it will NEVER compare to a wizard's DS, but its like HALF. I think there is some environment pushdown, or perhaps its dropping a ton when i am full on boxes...its about 230 DS at the end of my hunt. Usually starts i think max at 320? My wizards is like 420+. Do we just have to kind of live with low DS? Was hoping my 10x armor would help with that. But it still feels very low.

At the very least add luck, helps with so many things.

Do you remember to use 1040 for when you're stunned?

Also your DS is probably low because it takes a lot of spell ranks to use a runestaff, I think 8 per level is the bare minimum people recommend with 10-12+ being ideal.

I'm just assuming you don't have many spell ranks because it's expensive as a bard to get to the 10-12+ range.

Going back to OP:
    Runestaff (i know its slightly inferior to shield (i have read your guide sir), but I do it for RP reasons)
    Mostly flesh golems double swing knocks me down and stuns me (it almost always happens when there are two in the room), then im stunned next shot is usually head critting me. Also cmans have killed me lately too. To be fair, I will admit I carry a crap-ton of boxes, i know thats a no-no for cmans etc. but....how else am i supposed to keep the loot form my hunt?
    I currently am running 1003, 1007(i hunt with a wizard), 1010...should i also run mirrors and luck? feels like that would be really expensive for me now (180 mana)

My DS seems very low compared to my wizard. OK i know it will NEVER compare to a wizard's DS, but its like HALF. I think there is some environment pushdown, or perhaps its dropping a ton when i am full on boxes...its about 230 DS at the end of my hunt. Usually starts i think max at 320? My wizards is like 420+. Do we just have to kind of live with low DS? Was hoping my 10x armor would help with that. But it still feels very low.
    Are you wearing outside spells? Contrary to what a lot of knuckleheads here say, if you're wearing just your profession's spells (and depending upon profession) the game is actually quite difficult to hunt on level or slightly above your level (A couple levels above) especially early to mid levels. There's a reason why half the game's population ends up in Dreavenings... and it's not for Dreaven's iced tea.

I have my own + thurfels, strength, blurs, 101/107 and 103 while it lasts. So basically spirits + wizard spells in addition to my own. Should be enough. I mean i cause destruction and mayhem, offense is definately not an issue at all. It's defense that feels a bit weak. And its head crits killing me. Just wondering if it will get worse as i start more difficult areas.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 07-25-2017 at 01:29 PM.