Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pure weakness = head crits

Weird stuff is my enhancives by the way, currently dead as a doornail so cant take em off atm.

Play monks then come back to playing Bards. You'll feel like you've been buffed.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnix View Post
    I'd like to keep runestaff, is the DS loss that bad from going runestaff instead of shield? Really like my nervestaff.
    You could always do shield + runestaff, of course your DS takes a hit from using a shield with a runestaff but with enough shield training you actually end up with more DS.

Might as well keep PF at max, it's the best defense against CM. I mean you're practically fully trained, but you can squeeze in 2 more ranks!

Also CMAN training would go a long way towards protecting against CMANs, as would perception.

I'll just assume the TWC, sorc lore and spirit lore comes from enhancives

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    You could always do shield + runestaff, of course your DS takes a hit from using a shield with a runestaff but with enough shield training you actually end up with more DS.

Might as well keep PF at max, it's the best defense against CM. I mean you're practically fully trained, but you can squeeze in 2 more ranks!

Also CMAN training would go a long way towards protecting against CMANs, as would perception.

I'll just assume the TWC, sorc lore and spirit lore comes from enhancives
    So nothing glaringly wrong here with training? I think whirlin's advice was the key thing, encumberance = death for bard pures more so than my wizard. So time to shift box carrying to wizard.

Yes, as mentioned above - weird stuff is from my enhancives due to the fact that i'm dead in RR right now and cant take them off.

So nothing glaringly wrong here with training? I think whirlin's advice was the key thing, encumberance = death for bard pures more so than my wizard. So time to shift box carrying to wizard.

Yes, as mentioned above - weird stuff is from my enhancives due to the fact that i'm dead in RR right now and cant take them off.
    Oh snap... you hunt RR? Wow, going HARDCORE there eh?

So nothing glaringly wrong here with training?
    Well if you're dying to maneuvers I would really consider getting some CM training and perception. If DS is low could also try more dodge ranks.

But you should start with never hunting encumbered and see if that solves the problem first.

If you want to use a runestaff, I'd be 1x in MIU/AS/HP/MMC/ and a lore of your choice. The reason why RS defense is always higher for pures vs semis is because they also train in additional spell ranks and sometimes double up on magical skill training (like 2x MIU for wizards or EMC+SMC for sorcerers), which is not possible for you to accomplish.

However, you can definitely get more DS with runestaves if you focus on at least 1x in the above mentioned categories. I'm guessing all the other things that are a couple of ranks are from random enhancives, and not TPs. With your training, I'm not sure if you qualify for the full runestaff DS bonus.

Are your dodge ranks from training or from spells?
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-25-2017 at 03:00 PM.

Dodge ranks are from training.

I could try to increase magical skills, at what point do i hit diminishing returns, i guess not before 1x? I need the EMC to better hunt with my wizard and swap mana back and forth with him. I could bring MIU up to 1x, but getting AS might mean i need to drop another skill. I guess i need to hit tsoran's skill sheet.
    Last edited by nocturnix; 07-25-2017 at 03:10 PM.

You can ring out from the Marsh Keep back to RR (the secret room in the study). If you're getting encumbered, just make a quick trip back to town to unload a bit, then go back hunting.

My monk needs a buff, Finros buff my monk.