Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runestaff Alterations...

Lightbulb Runestaff Alterations...

Just looking for some inspiration. What is the coolest runestaff alter you have done/seen?

Thanks,

No one wants to share huh?

My OTF runestaff inspired by Final Fantasy and designed for me by Laphrael some years ago:

a tined argent white orase runestaff~ Wrought from a bleached length of orase and lacquered to a brilliant silvery luster, this staff has been cut into a sword-like length, tapering to sharp tines at both ends, with a wing-shaped guard set towards the cap. Sweeping arcs are etched into the wood and inlaid with vaalin reinforcement, creating a swirling pattern that culminates at a hand's length from the hilt. The niveous veins break off and coil around a silvery moonstone orb, suspending it delicately beneath the bladed tip.
    Rohese's GS Wiki page

You arrange yourself on the throne.

You attend to your gold wirework circlet, carefully smoothing the hair underneath, and adopt a regal air as you survey the area.

You think to yourself, "I got this"

This is a very old design for me, circa 2001ish? I eventually had the wandstaff script added so it doesn't make sense anymore but I couldn't bring myself to realter it.

a silk-wrapped slender orase runestaff - Thin strips of pastel silk weave about the slender length of the runestaff in an intricate design, before gathering to create a comfortable grip. The top of the runestaff arches gracefully, a perfect resting place for a number of leather-thonged adularescent moonstone spheres that fall from it at various lengths.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

a gnarled hickory runestaff capped with a trio of glowing soulstone crescent moons
    Freedom... is the ability to challenge yourself far beyond the constraints of traditional rule and order. We draw strength from our passions... we're driven by desire... even hatred can be a worthy ally when used against an enemy... and yet, we are told to turn our backs on these things... the very feelings, emotions... that make us all... human.

a twisted fetish-bound runestaff

Show: A large metal ring is on the cap of the staff. Many leather braids have been attached to it and hang loosely along the shaft. Bits of crystal and stone are secured randomly in the strands of each braid. Several small bones and feathers have been hung from the braids using cord and dangle loosely along the lengths. From a small ring at the end of each braid hangs a grotesque doll made of stuffed burlap and bits of hair.

A helical arashan-set runestaff - Born of illthorn saplings, painstakingly braided together over time, the unfinished wood retains vicious thorns admidst its furrows, liberally stained with dried blood. Perched upon the head of staff rests an intricately formed figure. Spider-like, with an abdomen, thorax, and distinct head, the trio of tentacles circling it's mouth and the lack of eyes reveal it to be a depiction of the demonic arashan. The demon's eight segmented legs are curled down, grasping the illthorn shaft

my nervestaff

an altered runestaff
    Show: This runestaff is altered.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

My nervestaff:

An intertwined black staff covered in flaky green paint

When Shattered opened and all the GMs were going nuts, I had one make my wizard's runestaff into a fluorescent tube.
    Looking for: krodera items, the gleaming krodera long knife, oldstyle katanas

August 20, 2006
    >just ban
    You are currently banished from Wehnimer's Landing.

>ask clerk about citizen
    The clerk says, "Hrrrm, Mogonis, you do seem to be eligible for full citizenship. Just WRITE your name in the book if you wish to make it official."

>write book
    You sign your name into the citizenship registration book, fully agreeing to the duties and privileges full citizenship provides you.