Page 921 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 4218218719119199209219229239319711021 ... LastLast
Results 9,201 to 9,210 of 11447

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Anonymous sources from reputable publications should be taken with a grain of salt, of course (always ask yourself who benefited most from that information getting out- that usually tells you where it's coming from), but they are generally accurate. Outlets like ABC, WaPo, NYT, NBC, etc. don't publish stories on a single anonymous source except in extraordinary circumstances (and they typically make it very clear).
    Yes, anonymity is something I take with a grain of salt. That's why I don't typically believe any of it. Even if it comes from a 'reputable' source, the political climate shifts far too much and too often to deem any anonymous source as credible. The age of technology has shifted what can and cannot be faked far too much.

Anonymous sources from non-reputable publications should generally be assumed to be false. It's not that they are always false, but there isn't the same guarantee of journalistic standard, and they often abuse the "anonymous source" concept to proliferate fake news.
    Again, all anonymous sources should be looked at with doubt. The guarantee of journalistic standards from places is called into question, in my mind, when I see 30 previous publications that hold no actual merit or deviation to the already hostile environment that is political alliances. I've always doubted the news because agenda, agenda, agenda.

Having said all of that- I would say take any story about what Mueller's team is going to say/do with an entire ocean of salt. Mueller's team has been airtight. The "anonymous sources" have been the Trump legal team/friends and grand jury witnesses. It's never from the Mueller team itself.
    What point do you stop shoveling salt into the ocean?

I've seen several journalists allude to the fact that the steady stream of "Mueller's about to wrap things up!" tips are coming directly from Trump's legal team and allies (likely to placate him), for example.
    Placating one side or the other is pretty much what journalists do these days. So again, salty ocean.

Blog Entries

It wasn't. It was from people who have been working with them. That's a big difference.

Also, that point was undercut by the Manafort polling data info.
    You can go argue with Jonathon Karl about his sources. I don't give a fuck. This came out AFTER the Manafort stuff anyways.

But hey, this anonymous source isn't saying something you want to hear, so fuck him right?
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-17-2019 at 01:57 PM.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Outlets like ABC, WaPo, NYT, NBC, etc. don't publish stories on a single anonymous source except in extraordinary circumstances (and they typically make it very clear).
    You canít possibly be serious with this.. can you!?

Anonymous sources from non-reputable publications should generally be assumed to be false. It's not that they are always false, but there isn't the same guarantee of journalistic standard, and they often abuse the "anonymous source" concept to proliferate fake news.
    Translation: only believe anonymous sources from the far left publications.

I smell a title rematch in your very near future.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    There will be no war when guns are more regulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    horrific state of conditions = the biggest election win in 40 decades
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsa`ah View Post
    Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Translation: only believe anonymous sources from the far left publications.
    CNN isn't a far-left publication. They're centrist. But you link shit from Breitbart, the hardest-right news source on the internet. Are you actually this retarded?

5. Default

CNN are about as Centrist Dem as they come. That is to say, they're awful. That hack Chris Cilizza specifically should be shot out of a cannon.

6. Default

Having said all of that- I would say take any story about what Mueller's team is going to say/do with an entire ocean of salt. Mueller's team has been airtight.
    As long as we apply this standard to any story, whether the info appears to help or hurt Trump and his team, I accept your statement.

I have been saying for months that I want to wait and see what comes out of this investigation before I decide for myself what did or didn't happen.
    Last edited by Candor; 01-17-2019 at 02:17 PM.

Default Russia Investigation Heating Up

Quote Originally Posted by sellstuff1 View Post
    CNN isn't a far-left publication. They're centrist.
    Just posting really stupid things like this wonít get you a title shit. Youíre lazy like another known thief here and we only allow title shots to people who put forth an effort. Iím enjoying your meltdown though.. please continue.

But you link shit from Breitbart, the hardest-right news source on the internet. Are you actually this retarded?
    Feel free to link a post of mine containing a Breitbart link.

Are you actually this intellectually lazy?
    Last edited by Parkbandit; 01-17-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Well tell that to the Naval hospital that issued a birth certificate labeled Ft Lejeune ... and then typed it in.
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I have been saying for months that I want to wait and see what comes out of this investigation before I decide for myself what did or didn't happen.
    It feels strange, sharing something with Candor.

Quote Originally Posted by audioserf View Post
    CNN are about as Centrist Dem as they come. That is to say, they're awful. That hack Chris Cilizza specifically should be shot out of a cannon.
    I donít even think they are centrist dem anymore. They used to be when they reported the news.. now itís all an opinion network.
    RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Just posting really stupid things like this won’t get you a title shit. You’re lazy like another known thief here and we only allow title shots to people who put forth an effort. I’m enjoying your meltdown though.. please continue.

Feel free to link a post of mine containing a Breitbart link.

Are you actually this intellectually lazy?
    Astray, the pedophile demonstrated that the burden of proof lie with the accused, not the accuser, so why don't you prove that you didn't post any Breitbart links, instead?