Page 410 of 746 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412420460510 ... LastLast
Results 4,091 to 4,100 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Manafort has a second trial coming and he could quite easily plead out in that case, it would be logical to do so for most people since they would very likely stack whatever time he got in trial two on top of whatever sentence he just earned in the first trial.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardwen View Post
    Manafort has a second trial coming and he could quite easily plead out in that case, it would be logical to do so for most people since they would very likely stack whatever time he got in trial two on top of whatever sentence he just earned in the first trial.
    He's 69 and facing some years in jail right now. The D.C. jury and judge should be less friendly and the prosecutors had a practice trial in VA. If he doesn't get a pardon or flip, it's safe to assume that he'll die in jail.

3. Default

A second trial that will have over 1000 pieces of evidence against Manafort and a judge that isn't Ellis. Manafort will also be entering this trial a convicted criminal. On top of that he's broke and his legal fees are rising faster and faster.

He fully expects, as do I actually, a pardon from Trump, of course if he gets pardoned maybe the GOP will finally do something, but I doubt it.
    Khaladon starts to turn the crystal knob, but stops with a frightened look on his face. He begins shaking uncontrollably and flies across the room, as though by some invisible force.

**SPLAT!!** Khaladon careens off the far wall, slides down the smooth wood panelling and collapses into a quivering heap on the floor, with only his dignity bruised.

He fully expects, as do I actually, a pardon from Trump, of course if he gets pardoned maybe the GOP will finally do something, but I doubt it.
    Its scary man. They just threw Sessions under the bus. Graham and Grassley signaled that this time they'll let Jeff go. What a change 1 year makes. The only thing that can stop these guys is a Dem house raising hell with subpoenas, committee hearings etc... They can't impeach barring an absolutely disastrous Mueller report.

And yet, between New York, California, and Virginia- there are enough state crimes they could get him with that a Federal Pardon won't necessarily matter.

Which deepens the mystery as to why Manafort appears unwilling to strike a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    And yet, between New York, California, and Virginia- there are enough state crimes they could get him with that a Federal Pardon won't necessarily matter.

Which deepens the mystery as to why Manafort appears unwilling to strike a deal.
    I can't wait for the book to come out after this is all over. There is so much going on beneath the surface that we don't see. For example; I wonder how much communication Mueller's team has with various state level prosecutors. We've seen he's been dishing cases off to them that he doesn't either want to pursue or wants to get into a pardon free environment. I want to know what the strategy is.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    I can't wait for the book to come out after this is all over. There is so much going on beneath the surface that we don't see. For example; I wonder how much communication Mueller's team has with various state level prosecutors. We've seen he's been dishing cases off to them that he doesn't either want to pursue or wants to get into a pardon free environment. I want to know what the strategy is.
    I'm pretty sure Tom Clancy already wrote this book =/

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    I'm pretty sure Tom Clancy already wrote this book =/
    The Hunt for Orange Bloviator~A taut edge of your seat thriller about an overgrown oompah loompah who, with the help of his Kremlin allies, secures the highest seat of power in the country. Can the former Marine turned intelligence officer bring down this menace before the Bloviator destroys the nation.
    Last edited by cwolff; 08-25-2018 at 12:49 AM.

10. Default

Either Manafort is holding out for a pardon(s) or he's worried about Russian reprisal.