Page 388 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 288338378386387388389390398438488888 ... LastLast
Results 3,871 to 3,880 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

1. Default

the Mueller team has asked for the courts to begin the sentencing process on George Papadopoulos, indicating his cooperation is no longer needed

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    the Mueller team has asked for the courts to begin the sentencing process on George Papadopoulos, indicating his cooperation is no longer needed
    thanks. Not sure what any of us would have done today had you not posted this. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    thanks. Not sure what any of us would have done today had you not posted this. Thanks again.
    Don't you see what this means?

It means OMG THIS IS REALLY IT OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

This WaPo piece has some real gems in it from Guiliani. The dems that have a national stage won't do much about it though. I'm getting frustrated that the dems are totally incapable of making hay from all this political sunshing.

By Josh Dawsey
    May 23rd at 3:33 PM

President Trump’s attorney Rudolph W. Giuliani switched gears Wednesday, saying that he would prefer the president grant an interview to special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s office and that a decision would be made within “the next couple weeks.”

“I guess I’d rather do the interview. It gets it over with. It makes my client happy,” he said in an interview with The Washington Post. “The safe course you hear every lawyer say is don’t do the interview, and that’s easy to say in the abstract. That’s much harder when you have a client who is the president of the United States and wants to be interviewed.”

Giuliani had expressed skepticism in recent days about an interview with the team investigating Russian interference in the 2016 election, telling the Wall Street Journal on Tuesday that his decision would be no if a choice had to be made immediately. “If they said you have to do it now, the answer would have to be no,” Giuliani told the Journal.

In Wednesday morning’s interview with The Post, Giuliani said the president sometimes seesaws on whether he wants to do an interview. “There have been a few days where he says, ‘Maybe you guys are right,’ ” Giuliani said, referring to Trump attorneys who have warned against an interview. “Then he goes right back to, ‘Why shouldn’t I?’ ”

Giuliani said he was concerned that the president would become a target or that the interview would be a perjury trap, because the “truth is relative.” The president’s legal team continues to try to set limitations on an interview, including the duration and questions posed, he said.

“They may have a different version of the truth than we do,” Giuliani said.

Many of Trump’s advisers have expressed concern that he would be accused of committing perjury in an interview.

Giuliani said the legal team did expect questions on Trump’s conduct after he took office.

The former New York mayor said that he was handling much of the public-facing role for Trump’s legal team, while Jane and Martin Raskin — two Florida lawyers new to the team — are reviewing facts and interacting with Mueller’s office.

He also said new White House lawyer Emmet Flood was preparing memos explaining how the office could fight a subpoena to testify or challenge any intent to indict the president.
    Giuliani also said the president was unlikely to make changes at the Justice Department and had no intention of firing Mueller, Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein or Attorney General Jeff Sessions — all three of whom have come under sustained attack from the president.

“I don’t think he is going to make changes. I wouldn’t advise it,” he said.
    “Before I was his lawyer, more of his political adviser, we might talk about it,” he said. “We don’t talk about it at all now.”

Giuliani said he speaks with the president most days and that Trump appreciates the vociferous defense he gives him on TV. He attributed the president’s increasing talk about the probe on Twitter to optimism. “He feels the public opinion is turning in his favor,” Giuliani said.

“Why is this still going on? Whatever they have — why don’t they conclude it?” Giuliani said, describing the president’s thinking. “His tweeting has been effective.”

The FBI has obtained secret wiretaps collected by Spanish police of conversations involving Alexander Torshin, a deputy governor of Russia’s Central Bank who has forged close ties with U.S. lawmakers and the National Rifle Association, that led to a meeting with Donald Trump Jr. during the gun lobby’s annual convention in Louisville, Ky., in May 2016, a top Spanish prosecutor said Friday.

José Grinda, who has spearheaded investigations into Spanish organized crime, said that bureau officials in recent months requested and were provided transcripts of wiretapped conversations between Torshin and Alexander Romanov, a convicted Russian money launderer. On the wiretaps, Romanov refers to Torshin as “El Padrino,” the godfather.

“Just a few months ago, the wiretaps of these telephone conversations were given to the FBI,” Grinda said in response to a question from Yahoo News during a talk he gave at the Hudson Institute, a conservative think tank in Washington. Asked if he was concerned about Torshin’s meetings with Donald Trump Jr. and other American political figures, Grinda replied: “Mr. Trump’s son should be concerned.”
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-so...231215529.html

No one cares.

Giuliani on Mueller attacks: "It is for public opinion, because eventually the decision here is going to be impeach, not impeach. Members of Congress, Democrats and Republicans, are going to be informed a lot by their constituents. So our jury... is the American people."
    Giuliani is probably too honest and that's a weird thing to say. He's not being a great lawyer but a good mouthpiece

Bad news for political entertainment. Trump is going to stop tweeting about the Russia investigation and begin working on other matters. With this shift in emphasis, we might have to wait hours for the next witch hunt tweet.

He really has to buckle down and study for finals. LMAO

He's the psychological profile gift that keeps on giving
    Last edited by cwolff; 05-29-2018 at 11:17 AM.

Andrew Desiderio

Verified account

@desiderioDC

Trey Gowdy is arguing on Fox News right now that the FBI acted properly when it used a confidential informant for the Trump campaign as part of the counter-intel investigation into Russia’s election interference.
    4:07 PM - 29 May 2018 Andrew Desiderio
    They will still peddle the witch hunt story, even with Gowdy saying this.