Page 369 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 269319359367368369370371379419469869 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,690 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

Giuliani tells me he just spoke w / POTUS. Tonight by phone. President "very pleased," Giuliani says. He says they discussed his revelation of the reimbursements long in advance. Does not expect to be fired. Insists his remarks on FNC were approved by Trump. Story TK.
    ~Robert Costa

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    ~Robert Costa
    Yup. He knew what he was doing. See my post above.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    It's a gaping loophole.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

4. Default

Sounds like the Trump camp is preparing for an indictment on Kushner because Rudy G called him disposable but that Mueller would be crossing a red line if he went after Ivanka.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Sounds like the Trump camp is preparing for an indictment on Kushner because Rudy G called him disposable but that Mueller would be crossing a red line if he went after Ivanka.
    Isn't that some shit? Rudy used to be America's Mayor. A law and order guy with a good reputation. He's going to finish his professional life as the face of this weird criminal organization, attacking U.S. law enforcement and defending a shitbird like trump. Some will cheer his robust defense of the trump family. To me, it's a shame to see and a disgraceful end to a great career.

Isn't that some shit? Rudy used to be America's Mayor. A law and order guy with a good reputation. He's going to finish his professional life as the face of this weird criminal organization, attacking U.S. law enforcement and defending a shitbird like trump. Some will cheer his robust defense of the trump family. To me, it's a shame to see and a disgraceful end to a great career.
    Yeah but you're supremely overly butthurt and it's clouding your vision of everything else. Stop posting awhile until the farts you've been huffing clear a bit.

Okay did some research on this.

Updated: I think I figured this out. The argument is going to be that Cohen gave Trump a personal loan as his lawyer, in his professional capacity. It's then incumbent upon the Prosecutor to prove- beyond a reasonable doubt- that this was done purely to help Trump with his campaign. As a gift, that's a REALLY easy case to make. No one just "gives" $130k to someone a few days before a campaign to make something go away. And if it's a gift- it's almost impossible to make the case that the communications revolving around the payment are covered by attorney-client privilege.

Loans are still illegal campaign contributions if they're given for the campaign, but if this is a personal loan given in the capacity as the candidate's lawyer then it's potentially a different story. Personal loans to a candidate- even from a political supporter- aren't actually illegal. It's a gaping loophole. And if they argue it was done in the capacity as his lawyer, then there's an argument to be made that all relevant communcation about it between the two (the communication you would almost certainly need to prove this was a campaign contribution) are then covered by attorney-client privilege and therefore are off-limits to the Prosecutors and the investigators.

It's a potentially risky strategy as the crime-fraud exemption is arguably in play, and it opens Trump up to campaign violation charges (and there's no protection for crimes committed before you enter Office) But they may be banking on the fact that the Prosecutors won't have enough evidence- absent the privileged communications- to convince the Judge of that fact.
    No one cares. Keep wasting your life updating this forum with the latest episode of your psychotic dementia that no one reads. You're retarded.

Paul Ryan Warns If Republicans Lose House, Cover-ups Will End Paul Ryan appeared at a financial conference to warn that, if Democrats win control of either the House or the Senate in the November elections, “you’ll have gridlock, you’ll have subpoenas.”
    I certainly hope we have subpoenas. If congress is supposed to exercise oversight then they should. The only reason they've not issued subpoenas already, or enforced their authority to investigate, is because of pure partisan politics. As cynical as I am about these things some times it's still alarming to see something like the House Intelligence Committee used as a purely political instrument.

9. Default

Isn't that some shit? Rudy used to be America's Mayor. A law and order guy with a good reputation.
    yup and now he's comparing FBI agents in NY to Nazi stormtroopers. GG Rudy.

10. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Yeah but you're supremely overly butthurt and it's clouding your vision of everything else. Stop posting awhile until the farts you've been huffing clear a bit.
    you and methais seem to know an awful lot about huffing farts..