Page 3 of 1191 FirstFirst 1234513531035031003 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Ya you're right of course. As long as they can point the finger somewhere else they can breathe easy that they don't have to do any real thinking.

There aren't enough face palm memes to cover this idiocy.

The "follow the money" angle

Seva Gunitsky
    We don't know that Trump was involved in any way with that. Obviously, it's kind of his wheelhouse, New York City real estate, so I am sure he at least heard about it. But we don't know if he has any direct connections.
    But it's not even necessary for him to have any direct connections here. They're only asking for some relief in this case, in return for certain compromising documents. So the interesting thing for me is, was there pressure placed on the U.S. Attorney's Office by the administration, by the Department of Justice? What we know is that Preet Bharara, the attorney in charge of the case, was fired in early March, and shortly thereafter the Prevezon case was dropped.
    Sean Illing
    And we still have no explanation about this?
    Seva Gunitsky
    Not as a far as I know. They had been ready to prosecute, witnesses were flown in, it was all set to go, and it was settled rather unexpectedly. So I think this is a case that hasn't really entered the public consciousness yet. But I'm sure that [special counsel Robert] Mueller's team is looking at it.

3. Default

Here's the thing PK you're line of reasoning does not dismiss malfeasance on Trump & Co - It embraces it, after a fashion, but it puts the blame for it not on them but on the conduct of previous administration, and the flawed & failed candidacy of Hillary Clinton.

At a minimum we have a thing called 'the rule of law' which until recent years always held up. The above statement does not mesh with the rule of law, it does not mesh with general or specific ethics at all.

I'm not going into whether or what Trump is guilty of as I await the findings of Mueller most of which is fairly leak free until Trump himself mentions it in an interview.

It doesn't even feel like you're defending Trump so much as further condemning Clinton. I'm ok with that I guess, I'm not a fan; but it does not absolve the current administration/congress of their current activities

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    Here's the thing PK you're line of reasoning does not dismiss malfeasance on Trump & Co - It embraces it, after a fashion, but it puts the blame for it not on them but on the conduct of previous administration, and the flawed & failed candidacy of Hillary Clinton.

At a minimum we have a thing called 'the rule of law' which until recent years always held up. The above statement does not mesh with the rule of law, it does not mesh with general or specific ethics at all.

I'm not going into whether or what Trump is guilty of as I await the findings of Mueller most of which is fairly leak free until Trump himself mentions it in an interview.

It doesn't even feel like you're defending Trump so much as further condemning Clinton. I'm ok with that I guess, I'm not a fan; but it does not absolve the current administration/congress of their current activities
    Trump won, get over it!
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Savageheart View Post
    Here's the thing PK you're line of reasoning does not dismiss malfeasance on Trump & Co - It embraces it

Let me stop you right there with a giant go fuck yourself. I've stated from the very beginning that I'm against Trump and everything he stands for.

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Let me stop you right there with a giant go fuck yourself. I've stated from the very beginning that I'm against Trump and everything he stands for.
    So I can go fuck myself with your agreement. Thanks!

It's funny watching the board Democrats attack pk and label him a conservative. The man who backed BERNIE SANDERS of all people during the election.

Let me go laugh for a few minutes before I get some yummy McDonald's.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The fucked up thing is that trump can beat this. Guilty or not, there is no will on the republican side of things to take action against his avalanche of inapporpriate behavior. Everyday he lowers the bar and they simply shrug it off. Simultaneous to this they are fucking with the electorate through Kobach's little investigation. It's the prelude to dystopia but our fellow americans are stoked because he promised a wall. Just goes to show you that shit rolls downhill and no one minds as long as they can roll onto the next guy.
    Don't be so sure. I read an interesting quote the other day regarding the healthcare fiasco:

"There is only one dynamic that is different from this year and past GOP struggles to repeal Obamacare and that is President Donald Trump," said Doug Heye, a former communications director at the Republican National Committee. "Throughout this process, he has essentially stayed on the sidelines, instead of using his enormous influence with his base to push the bill forward and increase its popularity."

We're not seeing massive swings against the President, but Republicans are laying the groundwork for the eventual disavowal. 'We coulda did healthcare except TRUMP!' 'We coulda done taxes but TRUMP!' I mean, as many people on this very board have pointed out, the Democrats' entire platform is 'Trump bad!' and it is wildly effective for them. It won't be that hard to convince the populist base that the whole GOP got tricked by the New York billionaire. We're not talking about Eisenhower here, Trump has called himself a Republican for about ten minutes and has never adhered to party orthodoxy.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    Don't be so sure. I read an interesting quote the other day regarding the healthcare fiasco:

"There is only one dynamic that is different from this year and past GOP struggles to repeal Obamacare and that is President Donald Trump," said Doug Heye, a former communications director at the Republican National Committee. "Throughout this process, he has essentially stayed on the sidelines, instead of using his enormous influence with his base to push the bill forward and increase its popularity."

We're not seeing massive swings against the President, but Republicans are laying the groundwork for the eventual disavowal. 'We coulda did healthcare except TRUMP!' 'We coulda done taxes but TRUMP!' I mean, as many people on this very board have pointed out, the Democrats' entire platform is 'Trump bad!' and it is wildly effective for them. It won't be that hard to convince the populist base that the whole GOP got tricked by the New York billionaire. We're not talking about Eisenhower here, Trump has called himself a Republican for about ten minutes and has never adhered to party orthodoxy.
    Truth, brother.

One thing republicans are good at. Making lemonade out of lemons. How they accepted and now back Trump is only self serving. Like you said they will blame all their failures on Trump and kick his ass to the curb.

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's funny watching the board Democrats attack pk and label him a conservative. The man who backed BERNIE SANDERS of all people during the election.

Let me go laugh for a few minutes before I get some yummy McDonald's.
    Wow, the crook backs another crook! It was love at first sight for PK.