Page 136 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 36861261341351361371381461862366361136 ... LastLast
Results 1,351 to 1,360 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post

For real GDP growth and CPI inflation since World War II, there is extremely low correlation.
    If we produced less, would the value of the dollar be greater or less?
    Just answer the fucking question.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    I have to use the "you're retarded" reply here.
    I'll allow it.

Just answer the fucking question.
    I did. The answer is, empirically, neither.
    The same could be said about any need.
    And yet it's still in the Constitution. You asked a question, you got the answer. You can accept it or be mad about it, doesn't bother me.
    Laws are simply the removal of an individuals free will. Taking my money (which I get through my labor) to punish me for not purchasing protection is not a just law.
    Wouldn't be the first time the Supreme Court has declared an unjust law Constitutional, but you agree with lots of other ways the government takes our money, so it seems like that's not the real issue here.
    Hasta pronto, porque la vida no termina aqui...
    America, stop pushing. I know what I'm doing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    And yet it's still in the Constitution.
    Show me in the constitution where it says one must purchase insurance.
    General welfare looks nothing like "you must purchase insurance"

That's why it is no longer law, you lost.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    ― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

5. Default

General welfare looks nothing like "you must purchase insurance"

That's why it is no longer law, you lost.
    No, it's no longer law because it was a Republican campaign issue, and because Republicans hate taxes. It had nothing to do with the definition of welfare.

I just want to check- do you know why the individual mandate was created? I don't mean your thoughts on it, I mean- do you know the actual, official reason why it was created?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    No, it's no longer law because it was a Republican campaign issue, and because Republicans hate taxes. It had nothing to do with the definition of welfare.

I just want to check- do you know why the individual mandate was created? I don't mean your thoughts on it, I mean- do you know the actual, official reason why it was created?
    Again, courts don't make law. You lost, thank God the ignorance has been rejected by the states.

The reason is because the whole scam falls apart if the middle class can't have their pockets picked, I'm not sure if that's the official reason you were given though.

P.S. You like taxes?
    Last edited by Neveragain; 03-05-2018 at 10:57 PM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

I enjoy some of the things that taxes pay for and you do as well probably.

I wish there was some way to take into account the area you are living. Earning 50k in NY isn't the same as earning 50k in Wyoming.
    Last edited by drauz; 03-05-2018 at 11:33 PM.

8. Default

Again, courts don't make law. You lost, thank God the ignorance has been rejected by the states.

The reason is because the whole scam falls apart if the middle class can't have their pockets picked, I'm not sure if that's the official reason you were given though.

P.S. You like taxes?
    They don't make laws. Congress made the law. They do decide if a law is constitutional. I'm not sure why you think I'm arguing that the Courts made the individual mandate.

And yes, I like taxes. They pay for things that people need. They also keep inflation down.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    They don't make laws. Congress made the law. They do decide if a law is constitutional. I'm not sure why you think I'm arguing that the Courts made the individual mandate.

And yes, I like taxes. They pay for things that people need. They also keep inflation down.
    Perhaps this is where my confusion lies. It's almost as if you don't understand that those evil Republicans are elected by people who pay taxes.

What are those things people need that they could not choose for themselves? You're basically using the broken glass argument. This is also a liberal symptom of thinking you know what people need more than the people themselves. Basically you have a superiority complex. If it makes you happy, you are more than welcome to pay my taxes too, just think how happy you will be.

Using taxes to deter inflation...well....it's kind of evil as fuck. "Those cogs are too expensive, let's make them even more expensive so people won't buy them."

P.S. I think you may also be forgetting that the supreme court ruled that the ACA was not a tax. I keep praying for another conservative Judge before 2020.

P.P.S. It's good to have you back Time4fun.
    Last edited by Neveragain; 03-06-2018 at 08:22 AM.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    I wish there was some way to take into account the area you are living. Earning 50k in NY isn't the same as earning 50k in Wyoming.
    There used to be, it was when states were allowed to issue their own currency. Most likely that was ended because the loser states were tired of losing to the winners.

― George Orwell, 1984

― George Orwell, 1984