Page 1 of 45 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 446

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

  1. #1

    Exclamation Russia Investigation Heating Up

    I have some advice for Trump on the Mueller investigation. The main thing you should do is stop acting guilty. Just be President and stop obsessing over the investigation.

    It appears that Trump will not follow that advice. All signs point to a coming storm.




    • The spokesperson for Trump's legal team abruptly resigned yesterday.

      Mark Corallo, the spokesman, had grown frustrated with the operation and the warring factions and lawyers, these people said. Corallo also was concerned about whether he was being told the truth about various matters, one of these people said.

      Corallo has been close to special counsel Robert Mueller, who is leading the Russia investigation, and has praised him publicly. He didn't like the strategy to attack his credibility, one person who spoke to him said.

      More...

    • Trump Jr. and Manafort are scheduled to testify publicly before a Senate investigative committee next week. Senator Grassley is concerned that they may not show up. If they're smart, they won't show up. Testifying would be Crazy with a capital C.

      (CNN)Senate judiciary committee Chairman Chuck Grassley threatened Thursday to subpoena both Donald Trump Jr. and Trump's former campaign chairman Paul Manafort if they do not appear before his committee for a scheduled appearance next week.

      Trump Jr. and Manafort are scheduled to testify before the Senate judiciary committee on July 26, the panel announced Wednesday, but neither Manafort nor Trump Jr. have publicly confirmed if they will appear.

      More...

    • Trump's team is preparing to discredit Mueller. Trump cannot fire Mueller directly. He would have to fire Sessions and get Sessions' successor to remove Mueller. As we all know from the NYT interview, Trump has laid the groundwork for removing Sessions.

      Some of President Trumpís lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller IIIís Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the presidentís authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort.

      Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trumpís lawyers have been discussing the presidentís pardoning powers among themselves.

      Trumpís legal team declined to comment on the issue. But one adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Muellerís investigation.

      More...
    Children, leave the string alone!
    For who dares undo the parcel
    Finds himself at once inside it...

  2. #2

    Default

    https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/888386288646225920

    Here's an interesting tweet thread about the differences between Starr's investigation and Mueller's. Good to have the reference handy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    U.S. Outpost 31, Antarctica
    Posts
    8,413

    Default


  4. #4

    Default

    I have some advice for Trump on the Mueller investigation. The main thing you should do is stop acting guilty. Just be President and stop obsessing over the investigation.

    It appears that Trump will not follow that advice. All signs point to a coming storm.
    The fucked up thing is that trump can beat this. Guilty or not, there is no will on the republican side of things to take action against his avalanche of inapporpriate behavior. Everyday he lowers the bar and they simply shrug it off. Simultaneous to this they are fucking with the electorate through Kobach's little investigation. It's the prelude to dystopia but our fellow americans are stoked because he promised a wall. Just goes to show you that shit rolls downhill and no one minds as long as they can roll onto the next guy.

  5. #5

    Default

    At this point, does anyone here actually think Trump is totally innocent? The constant, glaring lies, the non-stop attacks on the media/Mueller/Intelligence Community, the attempts to scale back Russian sanctions/appointment of people friendly with the Russians to key positions/endless praise for Putin/zeal with which his campaign jumped on Russia's offer to help them win after swearing for months that such a program never existed/the decade or so of strong financial ties to Russia and its Oligarchs/the attacks on NATO... Dear God I could keep going for pages with stuff.

    Does anyone have any other explanation for all of this aside from collusion and cover up?

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    The fucked up thing is that trump can beat this. Guilty or not, there is no will on the republican side of things to take action against his avalanche of inapporpriate behavior. Everyday he lowers the bar and they simply shrug it off. Simultaneous to this they are fucking with the electorate through Kobach's little investigation. It's the prelude to dystopia but our fellow americans are stoked because he promised a wall. Just goes to show you that shit rolls downhill and no one minds as long as they can roll onto the next guy.
    Until both sides start holding their own accountable this is going to happen. Look at what happened last year when a witness flubbed congress and ignored a subpoena to appear and testify, Democrats on the Oversight Committee couldn't even pretend to give a fuck because gotta protect your own.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Until both sides start holding their own accountable this is going to happen. Look at what happened last year when a witness flubbed congress and ignored a subpoena to appear and testify, Democrats on the Oversight Committee couldn't even pretend to give a fuck because gotta protect your own.
    Are you kidding me? Bryan Pagliano? He ignored a HOUSE request, and the House Oversight Committee was run by the GOP at that time. If that subpeona wasn't enforced, you can blame Chaffetz, not the Democrats.

    Also, you're neglecting to mention that he had immunity from the FBI already. There was no actual point in bringing him in. And that Clinton publicly pleased with him to cooperate.

    Seriously, what is wrong with you?
    Last edited by time4fun; 07-21-2017 at 09:59 AM.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Until both sides start holding their own accountable this is going to happen. Look at what happened last year when a witness flubbed congress and ignored a subpoena to appear and testify, Democrats on the Oversight Committee couldn't even pretend to give a fuck because gotta protect your own.
    This shit is fucked up and he's President. He's only been President for 6 months. This constant attempt to compare it to "both sides" is cowardly. At some point you have to stand up and be counted.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    8,929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    At this point, does anyone here actually think Trump is totally innocent? The constant, glaring lies, the non-stop attacks on the media/Mueller/Intelligence Community, the attempts to scale back Russian sanctions/appointment of people friendly with the Russians to key positions/endless praise for Putin/zeal with which his campaign jumped on Russia's offer to help them win after swearing for months that such a program never existed/the decade or so of strong financial ties to Russia and its Oligarchs/the attacks on NATO... Dear God I could keep going for pages with stuff.

    Does anyone have any other explanation for all of this aside from collusion and cover up?
    I believe he's totally innocent. We've seen no evidence to support any other finding. You're just retarded.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Are you kidding me? Bryan Pagliano? He ignored a HOUSE request, and the House Oversight Committee was run by the GOP at that time. If that subpeona wasn't enforced, you can blame Chaffetz, not the Democrats.

    Also, you're neglecting to mention that he had immunity from the FBI already. There was no actual point in bringing him in.

    Seriously, what is wrong with you?
    Thank you for proving my point.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •