Page 945 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 4458458959359439449459469479559951045 ... LastLast
Results 9,441 to 9,450 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Something to note.

"I think that we should put a lot of weight in the fact that the special counsel's office does not issue statements. And they have chosen - they felt that they needed to issue a statement in this case, you know, in part because so many members of Congress - Democratic members of Congress were saying if this is true, then the president has committed a crime, and there needs to be a response. So now we have this, and we're back where we started, in some ways, waiting for Robert Mueller to reveal more of what he knows that none of us do know."

I'm pretty sure that points to the Buzzfeed story being complete bullshit. Of course, Buzzfeed is going to stand by their bullshit, just like they'll stand by what dinosaur you most closely associate with.
    1) I agree that it's notable that they felt the need to release this statement. Which is why I said exactly that in my post.

2) Candidly, the notion that Cohen lied in his Congressional testimony to cover Trump's business dealings in Russia with no direction from Trump himself is patently absurd. And I think that fact got lost both in the release of the story and in the aftermath of the OSC statement. This story was never a wild bombshell report. It was just confirming what we already know to be true based on court filings, some of Cohen's own words, and common sense.

3) There's a strong argument here that OSC issued their incredibly vague statement specifically to stop impeachment proceedings/Congressional interference in their investigation not because the story's tagline wasn't true but because it was in the best interest of the investigation.

And yes, it's also absolutely possible that Buzzfeed was fed a fake story, or that the informants they have were themselves mistaken. But they're not going to die on this hill for no reason. So don't for a second think they're pushing back right now as a reflexive action.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Mocks people for using anonymous sources. Pushes anonymous source when it fits his extremist agenda. Talk about desperation
    Are you saying we shouldn't listen to anonymous sources? Not sure you thought that one through.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Not necessarily. Again, the wording of the denial was very careful. It didn't take issue with the idea that Trump directed Cohen to lie, it just vaguely stated that some information about the evidence OSC was purported to have in the article is inaccurate.

It is both notable that OSC felt the need to issue this statement and also that the statement, in effect, said so little.
    Washington Post:

Mueller’s denial, according to people familiar with the matter, aims to make clear that none of those statements in the story are accurate.
    MUELLER'S DENIAL AIMS TO MAKE CLEAR THAT NONE OF THOSE STATEMENTS IN THE STORY ARE ACCURATE.

Have your handlers really not given you an updated narrative to parrot back yet?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Ok... here are the available posts available to Androidpk at this point:

1) Link a story about how bad Trump is, pretending his "The CIA and FBI believe Trump to be a Russian agent" never happened.
    2) Deflection level 8
    3) "You guys are just trolls"
    4) A post reminding us how he doesn't care, he's still going to post here.

I'm going with 2

More deflection. More trolling. Just like I said you would do. Dance, puppet, dance!

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    1) I agree that it's notable that they felt the need to release this statement. Which is why I said exactly that in my post.

2) Candidly, the notion that Cohen lied in his Congressional testimony to cover Trump's business dealings in Russia with no direction from Trump himself is patently absurd. And I think that fact got lost both in the release of the story and in the aftermath of the OSC statement. This story was never a wild bombshell report. It was just confirming what we already know to be true based on court filings, some of Cohen's own words, and common sense.

3) There's a strong argument here that OSC issued their incredibly vague statement specifically to stop impeachment proceedings/Congressional interference in their investigation not because the story's tagline wasn't true but because it was in the best interest of the investigation.

And yes, it's also absolutely possible that Buzzfeed was fed a fake story, or that the informants they have were themselves mistaken. But they're not going to die on this hill for no reason. So don't for a second think they're pushing back right now as a reflexive action.
    Or it's possible that buzzfeed is cashing in on mindless idiots, like you.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Neveragain View Post
    Or it's possible that buzzfeed is cashing in on mindless idiots, like you.
    This would be my guess. There are plenty of people all over Twitter and Reddit who flat out refuse to believe the story is fake. Or even if they concede the story might be fake they are saying it doesn't matter.

Clearly Buzzfeed is not interested in journalism at all and is instead interested in cashing in on mindless drones such as time4fun who flat out don't care if they are being lied to, as long as they enjoy the narrative they are being fed.

7. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Are you saying we shouldn't listen to anonymous sources? Not sure you thought that one through.
    Look up hypocrisy in the dictionary.

Look up hypocrisy in the dictionary.
    Simple yes or no question:

Should we listen to news stories that rely exclusively on anonymous sources and no other information?

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Honestly the Facist right here are correct in some respects.
    Hey McGuyver.

Quote Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
    Honestly the Facist right here are correct in some respects. Mueller is taking his sweet time here. If he goes beyond Feburary then I really think he’s just dicking around.
    The far left knows they done fucked up when even Praetor is feeling like he's being jerked around.