Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    You're joking right?
    If you mean about censoring content, absolutely not since there is a preponderance of evidence demonstrating that they censor political content, social content, content critical of their big advertisers heck, even to the point of suppressing research on alternative medical treatments or ongoing medical research.

If you mean the part about regulating them as a utility, also no. In the beginning, power, water, gas, phone and TV companies were not regulated or only barely regulated private companies and could do what they wanted. As time and access became more universal and many of the companies became very predatory in their practices regulations and laws were put into place to require universal access and strictly control their actions and behavior. I imagine that in time, this will happen for internet providers and those who provide significant services on the internet where there is not a direct fee for service agreement. In other words, I expect that sooner later they will be treated like a utility company and regulated in a similar manner. It is also possible that anti-trust efforts will be pursued in a similar manner that people went after AT&T and have prevented many significant mergers in the past.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    If you mean about censoring content, absolutely not since there is a preponderance of evidence demonstrating that they censor political content, social content, content critical of their big advertisers heck, even to the point of suppressing research on alternative medical treatments or ongoing medical research.

If you mean the part about regulating them as a utility, also no. In the beginning, power, water, gas, phone and TV companies were not regulated or only barely regulated private companies and could do what they wanted. As time and access became more universal and many of the companies became very predatory in their practices regulations and laws were put into place to require universal access and strictly control their actions and behavior. I imagine that in time, this will happen for internet providers and those who provide significant services on the internet where there is not a direct fee for service agreement. In other words, I expect that sooner later they will be treated like a utility company and regulated in a similar manner. It is also possible that anti-trust efforts will be pursued in a similar manner that people went after AT&T and have prevented many significant mergers in the past.
    They aren't government entities, they're allowed to censor whatever the fuck they want to.

They aren't government entities, they're allowed to censor whatever the fuck they want to.
    WOOOOSHHHHHHHHHHHH
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

Use your words, slippery slope boy.

He did, stop masturbating so loudly boy:

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    one has to wonder when regulatory agencies are going to start looking at them as utilities in regards to regulation?

You're obsessed with me and masturbating aren't you?

Blog Entries

Says the person who believes the emoticon, :jerk: , is contributing to a dialogue. Or any of the multitude of non-contributing posts you make in an effort to appear knowledgeable.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

You're obsessed with me and masturbating aren't you?
    I've just never, ever heard a real man complain that a female was masturbating too loudly.

You are unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Says the person who believes the emoticon, :jerk: , is contributing to a dialogue. Or any of the multitude of non-contributing posts you make in an effort to appear knowledgeable.
    Wait.. that's him putting forth an effort?

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Says the person who thinks her snark posts are contributing to anything.