Page 129 of 686 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 6858

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    I agree with you. This crossed a line. I do think Trump will address it at some point in the near future.
    He is normally SO fast about responding to anything he considers to be a slight. Remember how he dealt with North Korea? Fire and Fury?

    I'm genuinely wondering- why do you think this one is getting a pass? Or, at best, a heavily delayed response? There has to be something I'm not seeing here.

  2. #1282
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    10,632

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    He is normally SO fast about responding to anything he considers to be a slight. Remember how he dealt with North Korea? Fire and Fury?

    I'm genuinely wondering- why do you think this one is getting a pass? Or, at best, a heavily delayed response? There has to be something I'm not seeing here.
    I'd suggest that Russia deserves a more measured response than the despot in North Korea. But I don't know. I'm interested to see how this is handled.

  3. #1283
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Kekistan
    Posts
    3,610
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Latrinsorm View Post
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nati...202925334.html

    The question you should now be asking yourself is "self, why did I not hear or see anything about this? Who benefited from me not doing so?"
    It's totally not what I'm asking myself at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    Fuck the Bible and fuck you. Took over 2 years to get Nixon. Trump is fucked, just like you. ✌🏻❤️
    Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it.

    Not sure why you'd create a false statement by me and put it in your signature. Seems kinda creepy...

  4. #1284
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In amazement
    Posts
    3,234

    Default

    Really want to hurt Russia very badly, it's super simple. Authorize the sale of American natural gas to Europe. It would not take long for the Russian economy to be on the brink of collapse. As much bluster as Putin has, he knows Europe is paying his bills.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Really want to hurt Russia very badly, it's super simple. Authorize the sale of American natural gas to Europe. It would not take long for the Russian economy to be on the brink of collapse. As much bluster as Putin has, he knows Europe is paying his bills.
    I think the point here is that Trump doesn't seem particularly interested in hurting Russia.

    He was supposed to impose additional sanctions on them a month or so ago. He refused despite Congress having mandated it.

    And no one is really sure why. Just like no one is sure why he went after Alec Baldwin the morning after the Florida Nuke Show instead of Russian and Putin.

    He doesn't seem to have a lot of lines he won't cross. So far it's just his immediate family and Vladimir Putin.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rheisia View Post
    I think the point here is that Trump doesn't seem particularly interested in hurting Russia.

    He was supposed to impose additional sanctions on them a month or so ago. He refused despite Congress having mandated it.

    And no one is really sure why. Just like no one is sure why he went after Alec Baldwin the morning after the Florida Nuke Show instead of Russian and Putin.

    He doesn't seem to have a lot of lines he won't cross. So far it's just his immediate family and Vladimir Putin.
    Because kompromat. He isn't going to say jack shit to Putin.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Because kompromat. He isn't going to say jack shit to Putin.
    That's definitely possible.

    Wrath's point about possibly needing a lighter touch isn't a bad one. But I'm just having a really hard time thinking of another situation where Trump showed self-restraint after being threatened or insulted. He's currently making threats at the EU over their anger at his new tariffs. He threatens the media, he threatens Mueller, he threatens his own staff, he threatens North Korea, he threatens China, he threatened CANADA...the guy likes his threats.

    Then a country does a mock nuclear bombing of the US- and suddenly he has self-restraint? It's just tough for me to swallow because I can't really think of any other similar situations where he's acted this way.
    Last edited by Rheisia; 03-03-2018 at 08:58 PM.

  8. Default

    Don't forget they attacked US troops in Syria and the Kremlin gave permission for it. What did Trump say about it? Nothing.

  9. #1289

    Default

    He already colluded with Russia and covered it up. What's happening ain't no riddle.

    NA is trying to say Bernies a felon because his campaign paid a fine but theses guys are to trump what trump is to Putin.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    It's the ONLY side of him that makes me suspicious, that put's that seed of doubt in my mind. Democratliberalblah blah whatever da fuck who cares but... but but but why the FUCK does he just absolutely positively refuse to say a bad word or text or whatever about Russia even after they threaten to nuke Florida.

    It's like OK guy, Mueller is on a witch hunt and Dems are playing politics I hear yah but what's with the super leniency on Russia? just fucking slam them like you do our allies so you can finally prove to America that you have absolutely no connection to Russia! Seems like a no brainer to me... uhhh duhhh people think I'm in cahoots with Russia... duhh I'll be super nice to them even when they threaten us that'll show I'm against them! duhh wait..
    What about the Sanctions stuff? It turns out the first thing he tried to do when he got into office was to roll back the sanctions that Obama put into place to punish Russia for meddling in our elections. Why would that be any kind of priority whatsoever?

    And if you sit around and think about what collusion would have looked like (hypothetically)- it's Russians helping Trump get elected, and Trump rolling back Russian sanctions. So if you know that people suspect you of colluding with the Russians- WHY would that be the first thing you did? Why would that be anywhere near your list? It would look horrible no matter what the circumstances- let alone when half the country thinks you're a Russian operative.

    It's just really, really hard to ignore the fact that Trump got what he wanted, and he keeps trying to give Russia what it wants. And Trump refuses to punish Russia for helping him in the election- which makes it look like something he wanted to happen. People can say Mueller is on a witch hunt on they want, but shouldn't someone be looking into that? I mean, objectively, isn't that sort of the prudent thing to do?
    Last edited by Rheisia; 03-03-2018 at 10:20 PM.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •