Page 35 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745851355351035 ... LastLast

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

1. Default

You dodged it with an I don't know. Take a guess. Will there be more people indicted or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Is anything about the statement you quoted not true?
    Yes, the part where you said since Pence was part of the transition team this automatically means he's guilty too.

"The transition team" is not The Borg. IF what Flynn says is correct, that he was ordered to "contact the Russians" (OMG THE HORROR!) then surely someone gave that order. It doesn't mean the entire transition team is going to be thrown in jail. How can any reasonable person actually believe such a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    You dodged it with an I don't know. Take a guess. Will there be more people indicted or not.
    That's vague as shit. I didn't think an investigation into RUSSIAN COLLUSION would indict people on lying to the FBI or money laundering in regards to a totally separate issue than the elections.

So no, I honestly have no idea if more trumped up charges are going to be levied against anyone else.

Do I think anyone higher than Flynn is actually going down for "Russian collusion"? Let's just say I would be very very surprised.

Let's hear your thoughts, tough guy.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 12-01-2017 at 08:47 PM.

4. Default

You keep mentioning collusion as if that's the only thing Mueller is investigating. Again, this all started because Trump fired Comey, obstructing justice.

Do I think there will be more indictments? Absolutely. Flynn and his son could have been charged with a whole lot more. The fact that he was only charged with lying to the FBI and that he's cooperating with Mueller means there are probably more indictments coming. Kushner, Trump Jr and probably Sessions for starters.

You keep mentioning collusion as if that's the only thing Mueller is investigating.
    Wasn't that the whole point of this?

Again, this all started because Trump fired Comey, obstructing justice.
    That's more leftist narrative bullshit spoon fed to you from Blackmail News.

Here is the actual letter from the actual Deputy Attorney General stating what Mueller's investigation is all about:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...el-Russia.html

Notice b(i) there?

any links and/or coordination between the Russian government and individuals associated with the campaign of President Donald Trump
    It's all specifically about Russian collusion and Russian interference in general. The idea that he was charged with looking into obstruction of justice is 100% bullshit.

Mueller has the authority to charge for other crimes that arise directly from his investigation into collusion, I'm not saying he doesn't. I'm just saying A) I think he has far exceeded that scope and B) I really have no idea what other bullshit he is going to be pulling out of his ass because he is increasingly looking like a man with an axe to grind.

The fact that he was only charged with lying to the FBI and that he's cooperating with Mueller means there are probably more indictments coming. Kushner, Trump Jr and probably Sessions for starters.
    Or the more likely scenario that Mueller is hoping securing a guilty plea from Flynn will encourage others to seek out a plea deal as well.

You really think if Flynn had information to put both Kushner AND Trump Jr in jail (which could possibly lead him to Trump, which would probably make him jizz his pants) that Flynn would agree to possible jail time instead of holding out for immunity? Yeah. No. Looks more like Flynn can't afford to keep his team of lawyers around, Mueller knows Flynn doesn't have much and Mueller is hoping others will flip.

6. Default

Oh you poor dear.. show us on the doll where the evil liberal media touched you.

Actually it's not looking good for Pence either. If Trump gets impeached Pence will be going down as well. We'd be getting President Ryan.
    This should be filed under "Androidpk's Special Soothsaying"

I think even Backlash has a better political track record than you do at this point.

SAD!

Oh you poor dear.. show us on the doll where the evil liberal media touched you.
    Hey I'm willing to admit I'm wrong. I showed you a link outlining Mueller's investigation was to look into possible links/collusion between Trump's campaign and Russia. Go ahead and provide a link showing the investigation is looking into "obstruction of justice" because of Comey's firing.

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post
    Nope. A double impeachment will only come when and if the Dems take back Congress so in this scenario it would be...

Good god. I know you're trolling and all but don't even joke about that shit.

Didn't answer my question. Think anyone else will get indicted?
    The irony of you of all people complaining about someone else not answering a question.

Also:

ABC News faces blowback over corrected Flynn report

ABC News faced backlash on Friday after the network corrected a bombshell report saying that as a presidential candidate, Donald Trump pressed Michael Flynn to make contact with the Russians.

The network aired a special report Friday morning shortly after Flynn, Trump's former national security adviser, pleaded guilty to lying to FBI agents about his contacts with Russian Ambassador Sergey Kislyak in the month before Trump took office.

Financial markets shuddered in the wake of the report, with the Dow falling more than 350 points.

But the reporting that aired on television Friday morning was not included in ABC News' written report online, prompting questions about the accuracy of the on-air story.

The network issued a "clarification" on Friday evening, saying that Trump had asked Flynn during the campaign "to find ways to repair relations with Russia and other hot spots."

According to ABC, a Flynn confidant cited by the network clarified that it was after the election that Trump "directed Flynn to contact Russian officials on topics that included working jointly against ISIS."

Still, the error drew scorn across the political spectrum and among journalists, who blasted ABC News for initially only issuing a clarification as opposed to an actual correction about what the confidant had said.

"Astonishing. The story moved markets, set off a media frenzy, suggested worst possible outcome," tweeted Jim VandeHei, the CEO and co-founder of the news site Axios. "This is called a massive correction, or retraction, not clarification."

Astonishing. The story moved markets, set off a media frenzy, suggested worst possible outcome. This is called a massive correction, or retraction, not clarification. https://t.co/uVUamf4jYY
    — Jim VandeHei (@JimVandeHei) December 2, 2017

Former longtime cable news journalist Greta Van Susteren blasted other news outlets for picking up ABC News' original report, and accusing the network of trying to "sugar coat" its error by issuing a clarification instead of a correction.

"What makes it worse is that ABC won’t admit its error and now tries to sugar coat it with now calling their correction just a ‘clarification’ - (and other news organizations of course repeated ABC original story)," the former Fox News and NBC News anchor tweeted.

What makes it worse is that ABC won’t admit its error and now tries to sugar coat it with now calling their correction just a ‘clarification’ - (and other news organizations of course repeated ABC original story) https://t.co/bgZhtK40wB
    — Greta Van Susteren (@greta) December 2, 2017

Trump's former White House press secretary Sean Spicer also hit the network over its clarification, writing on Twitter that ABC News should apologize to its viewers.

"@ABC 'news' owes it viewers an apology. Calling false reporting a 'clarification' is a cop out and just another reason for the decline in trust of the media," he said.

.@ABC “news” owes it viewers an apology. Calling false reporting a “clarification” is a cop out and just another reason for the decline in trust of the media
    — Sean Spicer (@seanspicer) December 2, 2017

Andrew Kaczynski, a reporter for CNN's "K-File," echoed criticism that ABC News should have issued a correction in the first place, and called out the network for taking so long to address the matter.

"This isn't a clarification, it's a huge correction and one that took hours to do," he tweeted.

This isn't a clarification, it's a huge correction and one that took hours to do. https://t.co/rYozu7x8Kl
    — andrew kaczynski (@KFILE) December 2, 2017

ABC News eventually deleted its references to the fix as a "clarification," calling it a "correction" instead.

CORRECTION of ABC News Special Report: Flynn prepared to testify that President-elect Donald Trump directed him to make contact with the Russians *during the transition* -- initially as a way to work together to fight ISIS in Syria, confidant now says. https://t.co/ewrkVZTu2K pic.twitter.com/URLiHf3uSm
    — ABC News (@ABC) December 2, 2017

Flynn's guilty plea on Friday was the most dramatic development yet in special counsel Robert Mueller's probe into Trump campaign associates' ties to Russia during last year's election. The news dominated headlines throughout the day, overshadowing Senate Republicans' efforts to pass a plan overhauling the nation's tax code.
    http://thehill.com/homenews/media/36...d-flynn-report
    Last edited by Methais; 12-02-2017 at 11:26 AM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible