Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 108

Thread: Trump's Tax Returns

  1. #1

    Arrow Trump's Tax Returns

    Trump's lawyers have told him that the law is "100 percent" on Trump's side that he won't have to release his tax returns to Congress. I heard several people on teevee cite the law, and I found it. It's pasted below.

    Here is how I predict it will play out. The IRS will have to release Trump's tax returns to the Congressional committee that requested them. Because the returns are specific to a particular taxpayer, it will be in an "executive session," which means closed door hearing of the committee. The fight will become about whether or not Trump has to leave a copy of the returns with the committee or if his lawyers can give the committee the returns to review for an hour in the executive session and then take them away. In addition, there is a problematic part at the end of the quoted law below about whistleblowers.

    (f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress

    (1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

    Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (2) Chief of Staff of Joint Committee on Taxation

    Upon written request by the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish him with any return or return information specified in such request. Such Chief of Staff may submit such return or return information to any committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (3) Other committees

    Pursuant to an action by, and upon written request by the chairman of, a committee of the Senate or the House of Representatives (other than a committee specified in paragraph (1)) specially authorized to inspect any return or return information by a resolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives or, in the case of a joint committee (other than the joint committee specified in paragraph (1)) by concurrent resolution, the Secretary shall furnish such committee, or a duly authorized and designated subcommittee thereof, sitting in closed executive session, with any return or return information which such resolution authorizes the committee or subcommittee to inspect. Any resolution described in this paragraph shall specify the purpose for which the return or return information is to be furnished and that such information cannot reasonably be obtained from any other source.

    (4) Agents of committees and submission of information to Senate or House of Representatives

    (A) Committees described in paragraph (1)

    Any committee described in paragraph (1) or the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation shall have the authority, acting directly, or by or through such examiners or agents as the chairman of such committee or such chief of staff may designate or appoint, to inspect returns and return information at such time and in such manner as may be determined by such chairman or chief of staff. Any return or return information obtained by or on behalf of such committee pursuant to the provisions of this subsection may be submitted by the committee to the Senate or the House of Representatives, or to both. The Joint Committee on Taxation may also submit such return or return information to any other committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (B) Other committees

    Any committee or subcommittee described in paragraph (3) shall have the right, acting directly, or by or through no more than four examiners or agents, designated or appointed in writing in equal numbers by the chairman and ranking minority member of such committee or subcommittee, to inspect returns and return information at such time and in such manner as may be determined by such chairman and ranking minority member. Any return or return information obtained by or on behalf of such committee or subcommittee pursuant to the provisions of this subsection may be submitted by the committee to the Senate or the House of Representatives, or to both, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer, shall be furnished to the Senate or the House of Representatives only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (5) Disclosure by whistleblower

    Any person who otherwise has or had access to any return or return information under this section may disclose such return or return information to a committee referred to in paragraph (1) or any individual authorized to receive or inspect information under paragraph (4)(A) if such person believes such return or return information may relate to possible misconduct, maladministration, or taxpayer abuse.
    Everything under heaven is in utter chaos; the situation is excellent.

  2. Default

    China if you're out there I hope you're able to find Trump's missing tax returns. You'll be mightily rewarded by the press if you do.

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    by the press
    Pffffffft.

  4. Default

    Chuck Grassley (R) said on Fox News that Congress does indeed have the authority to get anyone's tax returns.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    A Corporate Republic
    Posts
    12,126

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ClydeR View Post
    Trump's lawyers have told him that the law is "100 percent" on Trump's side that he won't have to release his tax returns to Congress. I heard several people on teevee cite the law, and I found it. It's pasted below.

    Here is how I predict it will play out. The IRS will have to release Trump's tax returns to the Congressional committee that requested them. Because the returns are specific to a particular taxpayer, it will be in an "executive session," which means closed door hearing of the committee. The fight will become about whether or not Trump has to leave a copy of the returns with the committee or if his lawyers can give the committee the returns to review for an hour in the executive session and then take them away. In addition, there is a problematic part at the end of the quoted law below about whistleblowers.

    (f) Disclosure to Committees of Congress

    (1) Committee on Ways and Means, Committee on Finance, and Joint Committee on Taxation

    Upon written request from the chairman of the Committee on Ways and Means of the House of Representatives, the chairman of the Committee on Finance of the Senate, or the chairman of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish such committee with any return or return information specified in such request, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (2) Chief of Staff of Joint Committee on Taxation

    Upon written request by the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation, the Secretary shall furnish him with any return or return information specified in such request. Such Chief of Staff may submit such return or return information to any committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (3) Other committees

    Pursuant to an action by, and upon written request by the chairman of, a committee of the Senate or the House of Representatives (other than a committee specified in paragraph (1)) specially authorized to inspect any return or return information by a resolution of the Senate or the House of Representatives or, in the case of a joint committee (other than the joint committee specified in paragraph (1)) by concurrent resolution, the Secretary shall furnish such committee, or a duly authorized and designated subcommittee thereof, sitting in closed executive session, with any return or return information which such resolution authorizes the committee or subcommittee to inspect. Any resolution described in this paragraph shall specify the purpose for which the return or return information is to be furnished and that such information cannot reasonably be obtained from any other source.

    (4) Agents of committees and submission of information to Senate or House of Representatives

    (A) Committees described in paragraph (1)

    Any committee described in paragraph (1) or the Chief of Staff of the Joint Committee on Taxation shall have the authority, acting directly, or by or through such examiners or agents as the chairman of such committee or such chief of staff may designate or appoint, to inspect returns and return information at such time and in such manner as may be determined by such chairman or chief of staff. Any return or return information obtained by or on behalf of such committee pursuant to the provisions of this subsection may be submitted by the committee to the Senate or the House of Representatives, or to both. The Joint Committee on Taxation may also submit such return or return information to any other committee described in paragraph (1), except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer shall be furnished to such committee only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (B) Other committees

    Any committee or subcommittee described in paragraph (3) shall have the right, acting directly, or by or through no more than four examiners or agents, designated or appointed in writing in equal numbers by the chairman and ranking minority member of such committee or subcommittee, to inspect returns and return information at such time and in such manner as may be determined by such chairman and ranking minority member. Any return or return information obtained by or on behalf of such committee or subcommittee pursuant to the provisions of this subsection may be submitted by the committee to the Senate or the House of Representatives, or to both, except that any return or return information which can be associated with, or otherwise identify, directly or indirectly, a particular taxpayer, shall be furnished to the Senate or the House of Representatives only when sitting in closed executive session unless such taxpayer otherwise consents in writing to such disclosure.

    (5) Disclosure by whistleblower

    Any person who otherwise has or had access to any return or return information under this section may disclose such return or return information to a committee referred to in paragraph (1) or any individual authorized to receive or inspect information under paragraph (4)(A) if such person believes such return or return information may relate to possible misconduct, maladministration, or taxpayer abuse.
    Oh look, it's another butthurt retard. You and pk should have lunch. I mean, you'll have to pay for his meal, but at least you'll get to "butthurt out" over trump with someone as or more retarded than you are. I'd suggest you invite Back and triple the butthurt, but I'm not sure the world is ready for that much stupid WAAAAAAAAAAAAHH together at one time.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Oh look, it's another butthurt retard. You and pk should have lunch. I mean, you'll have to pay for his meal, but at least you'll get to "butthurt out" over trump with someone as or more retarded than you are. I'd suggest you invite Back and triple the butthurt, but I'm not sure the world is ready for that much stupid WAAAAAAAAAAAAHH together at one time.
    Oh look it's another butthurt MAGA troll crying about what people post.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrathbringer View Post
    Oh look, it's another butthurt retard. You and pk should have lunch. I mean, you'll have to pay for his meal, but at least you'll get to "butthurt out" over trump with someone as or more retarded than you are. I'd suggest you invite Back and triple the butthurt, but I'm not sure the world is ready for that much stupid WAAAAAAAAAAAAHH together at one time.
    This is correct.

    Also, shut up Clyde Retard.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Oh look it's another butthurt MAGA troll crying about what people post.
    Remember when you cried so hard about what people post that you tried to dox me irl and get me fired and threatened to have your pretend pro-bono lawyer subpoena Kranar for IP records on people who made you butthurt though?

    Remember that you retarded scumbag?
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  9. #9

    Default

    What I want to know, if you want to see tax returns, why only POTUS, why not EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL ANYWHERE. How about that, maybe then you can explain to me how someone making 174K a year is worth 120 million dollars, that is Nancy Pelosis current estimated wealth.

    I am going to be generous here and say that she earned her current speaker salary for her entire 31 years in congress and she put every penny she made into savings, and she earned a 10% return annually over the entire 31 years that she never spent a penny to live on, her adjusted net worth should only be about: $7,552,686.39. That's rough of course.

    So before we go and worry about the returns of someone that made his money BEFORE he was an elected official, lets first look at people that amassed HUGE sums of money WHILE elected officials.

  10. #10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kutter View Post
    What I want to know, if you want to see tax returns, why only POTUS, why not EVERY ELECTED OFFICIAL ANYWHERE. How about that, maybe then you can explain to me how someone making 174K a year is worth 120 million dollars, that is Nancy Pelosis current estimated wealth.

    I am going to be generous here and say that she earned her current speaker salary for her entire 31 years in congress and she put every penny she made into savings, and she earned a 10% return annually over the entire 31 years that she never spent a penny to live on, her adjusted net worth should only be about: $7,552,686.39. That's rough of course.

    So before we go and worry about the returns of someone that made his money BEFORE he was an elected official, lets first look at people that amassed HUGE sums of money WHILE elected officials.
    I hope Trump comes out and is like "I'll show my tax returns as soon as everyone in Congress signs a legally binding agreement to show their tax returns too."

    99% of Congress will be like:

    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.



    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •