Page 55 of 452 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 541 to 550 of 4516

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

  1. #541
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    23,769
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Trump thinks he won't have to be interviewed by the special counsel. Not sure if he actually believes that or if its his lawyers lying to him again so he doesn't fire Mueller.
    Actually, it isn't clear whether he could refuse or not. The supreme Court never gave a clear answer. There is only one way to really find out.

  2. #542

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Actually, it isn't clear whether he could refuse or not. The supreme Court never gave a clear answer. There is only one way to really find out.
    Refuse what, a subpoena? Pretty sure the courts have already stated that POTUS has to follow laws just like everybody else.

  3. #543
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    23,769
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Refuse what, a subpoena? Pretty sure the courts have already stated that POTUS has to follow laws just like everybody else.
    You'd be incorrect. No President has ever refused to cooperate. Nixon probably would have been the first, but he went ahead and resigned and was pardoned.

    Also, there is a thing called Executive Privilege that grants the Executive branch certain leeway in resisting subpoenas.

    He isn't immune to judicial review, but in order to subpeona either the President or materials from the executive Branch it has to be proven that it is 100% necessary and important to the case.

    What is more likely to happen, is Trump will get a list of questions and he'll answer them in writing.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-11-2018 at 05:28 PM.

  4. #544

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    You'd be incorrect. No President has ever refused to cooperate. Nixon probably would have been the first, but he went ahead and resigned and was pardoned.

    Also, there is a thing called Executive Privilege that grants the Executive branch certain leeway in resisting subpoenas.
    I doubt he'll be able to use Executive Privilege for this but we'll see.

  5. #545
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    23,769
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I doubt he'll be able to use Executive Privilege for this but we'll see.
    Well, if he said he isn't going to answer a subpoena then that is pretty much how he'd have to do it.

  6. #546

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    What is more likely to happen, is Trump will get a list of questions and he'll answer them in writing.
    That is highly unlikely.

  7. #547
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    23,769
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    That is highly unlikely.
    That is how Presidents have usually answered subpoenas. Their people get with the Investigator's people and negotiate how it'll be handled. It is very likely.
    Last edited by Gelston; 01-11-2018 at 06:03 PM.

  8. #548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    That is how Presidents have usually answered subpoenas. Their people get with the Investigator's people and negotiate how it'll be handled. It is very likely.
    Which former presidents have answered a subpoena by writing down answers to questions?

  9. #549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Which former presidents have answered a subpoena by writing down answers to questions?


    EDIT: Sorry I thought you said future presidents.
    Last edited by Methais; 01-11-2018 at 06:13 PM.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.


    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    And feel free to get me banned, not going to stop my lawyer from sending Kranar a subpoena for IP information on a couple of people.

  10. #550
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    23,769
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Which former presidents have answered a subpoena by writing down answers to questions?
    Reagan did for the entire Iran-Contra Scandal.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •