Page 938 of 1191 FirstFirst ... 4388388889289369379389399409489881038 ... LastLast
Results 9,371 to 9,380 of 11903

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

1. Default

Mueller's team just ran a very rare statement disputing the BuzzFeed Article. Though it wasn't specific about which parts.

They wouldn't have issued that statement for no reason.

I see time4fun beat me to posting that Mueller's team basically said the Buzzfeed story is fake news.

Good job, Androidpk. Keep chasing them ghosts.

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    I know the internet moves fast and it's probably difficult for you to understand, but Buzzfeed the shitty meme site and Buzzfeed News are essentially two separate entities with the latter doing a lot of good work.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...-about-n960156
    https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wire..._headlines_hed
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-h...ject-buzzfeed/
    https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/pol...PDI/story.html
    https://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...118-story.html
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.6591c10a6adc

I'm sure all those newsorgs picked it up on a whim because they have Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Jesus, even the trashfire that is the Washington Examiner picked up the story:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...-russia-report
    Mueller's office disputes BuzzFeed report that Trump directed Michael Cohen to lie to Congress

This post didn't age well at all, and it's not even 24 hours old.

Which is crazy considering how little information they've released publicly.
    Anonymous is an Idea - not a group.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    I see time4fun beat me to posting that Mueller's team basically said the Buzzfeed story is fake news.

Good job, Androidpk. Keep chasing them ghosts.
    That's not what they said actually. They were characteristically vague.

BuzzFeed is standing by their reporting here. They're trying to figure out what exactly the OSC is disputing.

It's an interesting situation.

Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    That's not what they said actually. They were characteristically vague.

BuzzFeed is standing by their reporting here. They're trying to figure out what exactly the OSC is disputing.

It's an interesting situation.
    Vague? This is what they said, according to CNN:

"BuzzFeed's description of specific statements to the Special Counsel's Office, and characterization of documents and testimony obtained by this office, regarding Michael Cohen's Congressional testimony are not accurate," said Peter Carr, a spokesman for Mueller's office, in a statement.

I don't know how much more specific they can get. They are saying statements, documents, and testimony claimed in the Buzzfeed article are not accurate, a nice way of saying fake news.

Just because the authors of the story are digging their heels in doesn't mean what the special counsel's office said is vague.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfster View Post
    Which is crazy considering how little information they've released publicly.
    Probably because the Democrats were already talking about impeachment based on this report and Mueller's office didn't want them to be called in to provide evidence that didn't exist.

I suppose there is a small chance that time4fun is alluding to that Mueller's office really does have this evidence but they don't want to have to reveal their evidence just quite yet because they are working on gathering more evidence. But if that were the case I would imagine Mueller's office would have been actually vague, saying something like "There are some inaccuracies in the story." But they specifically called out the specifics of just about the whole story as being inaccurate.

I wonder what the response from people calling for Trump to resign over the Buzzfeed article is now. Likely the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    I wonder what the response from people calling for Trump to resign over the Buzzfeed article is now. Likely the same.
    It's amazing watching the spin unfold in real time. People are already saying that the statement from Mueller's office basically means nothing because he never used the word "false" but instead said "inaccurate" meaning the entire story overall is true, but some parts of the story are merely "inaccurate."

Or that Mueller's office was somehow vague to leave open the possibility that only some parts of the story are inaccurate (but not false!) but regardless Mueller still has the evidence.

Some of the more realistic ones are sort of accepting the Buzzfeed article might be false but it doesn't matter because Mueller has oh so much other evidence on Trump that he will still be impeached.

It's amazing watching people actually believe a Buzzfeed article OVER MUELLER HIMSELF.

Let me recap for those who are not quite caught up.

Buzzfeed: Orange man bad. He committed crime.
    Far left: Impeach! Impeach!
    Mueller: Buzzfeed is wrong.
    Buzzfeed: I'm pretty sure we know more about your investigation than you do, but thanks anyways.
    Far left: Wait, is Mueller right?
    Buzzfeed: Of course not, the sky is still yellow right?
    Far left: Oh yeah, right! Impeach! Impeach!

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    It's amazing watching the spin unfold in real time. People are already saying that the statement from Mueller's office basically means nothing because he never used the word "false" but instead said "inaccurate" meaning the entire story overall is true, but some parts of the story are merely "inaccurate."

Or that Mueller's office was somehow vague to leave open the possibility that only some parts of the story are inaccurate (but not false!) but regardless Mueller still has the evidence.

Some of the more realistic ones are sort of accepting the Buzzfeed article might be false but it doesn't matter because Mueller has oh so much other evidence on Trump that he will still be impeached.

It's amazing watching people actually believe a Buzzfeed article OVER MUELLER HIMSELF.

Let me recap for those who are not quite caught up.

Buzzfeed: Orange man bad. He committed crime.
    Far left: Impeach! Impeach!
    Mueller: Buzzfeed is wrong.
    Buzzfeed: I'm pretty sure we know more about your investigation than you do, but thanks anyways.
    Far left: Wait, is Mueller right?
    Buzzfeed: Of course not, the sky is still yellow right?
    Far left: Oh yeah, right! Impeach! Impeach!
    It's not a Buzzfeed article, it's a Buzzfeed news article. Buzzfeed news has been nominated for a Pulitzer for their journalism work in 2018, and maintains no less than THREE Pulitzer prize-winning journalists.

Your news source is legitimately Fox & Friends. The only awards they've won is the Order of the Red Banner.
    Last edited by sellstuff1; 01-18-2019 at 09:17 PM.