Page 408 of 617 FirstFirst ... 308358398406407408409410418458508 ... LastLast
Results 4,071 to 4,080 of 6167

Thread: Russia Investigation Heating Up

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    Mueller is unchecked. He is acting as a principle officer without the appointment of POTUS or the confirmation of the senate. No collusion has been proven. He has intruded in Trump's personal life and has even destroyed attorney-client privilege. As far as I know, there has never been anything in history of being raided by the federal government over an affair.

    You're willing to throw the constitution down the drain because your side didn't win. That's VERY dangerous. You're ideology is dangerous and I'm glad it's finally being challenged.

    Good day sir! Ma'am...he-she? Whatever.
    Hey moron- this was already decided in US v Nixon and- indirectly- in Morrison v Olson.

    If you bothered to fact check any of the garbage you're reading, you'd know that.

  2. Default

    Looks like Manafort may have been engaging in some witness tampering:

    Special counsel Robert Mueller’s office on Monday accused Paul Manafort, the former Trump campaign chairman, of tampering with witnesses ahead of his upcoming trial on charges involving illegal lobbying work.

    In an 18-page motion filed in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, prosecutor Andrew Weissmann called for an immediate hearing to determine whether Manafort violated his bail terms when he and another, unidentified person repeatedly contacted two other unnamed people “in an effort to secure materially false testimony” concerning the activities at the center of February’s superseding indictment.
    Trump hires all the best people!

  3. #4073
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    With your mom
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Hey moron- this was already decided in US v Nixon and- indirectly- in Morrison v Olson.

    If you bothered to fact check any of the garbage you're reading, you'd know that.
    All you do is Google crap in an attempt to sound smart. In Morrison v Olson, Chief Justice Rehnquist's opinion for the court set limits. Morrison's office was limited in jurisdiction whereas Mueller's is not.

    Mueller is behaving like a principle officer...even going so far as to charge Manafort with crimes unrelated to the specific scope of the appointment. That is WAY too much power for ANY inferior officer to have. He is basically behaving like a U.S. Attorney. He is more powerful than the 93 appointed ones.

    Like I said, you turn a blind eye to this because you'll do ANYTHING to discredit or dismantle the President because you lost.

  4. #4074
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    24,459
    Blog Entries
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Hey moron
    t4f is triggered
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    All you do is Google crap in an attempt to sound smart. In Morrison v Olson, Chief Justice Rehnquist's opinion for the court set limits. Morrison's office was limited in jurisdiction whereas Mueller's is not.

    Mueller is behaving like a principle officer...even going so far as to charge Manafort with crimes unrelated to the specific scope of the appointment. That is WAY too much power for ANY inferior officer to have. He is basically behaving like a U.S. Attorney. He is more powerful than the 93 appointed ones.

    Like I said, you turn a blind eye to this because you'll do ANYTHING to discredit or dismantle the President because you lost.
    ROFL- okay so first off. He's acting like a DoJ prosecutor. You know why? Because that's literally what he is.

    Maybe you should try googling things before you embarrass yourself in these posts. Unlike you, I've spent quite a lot of time reading cases. But you don't need to have taken classes at a law school or to have gone to grad school to do it. It'll work wonders for helping you get a clue.

    As for your ridiculous argument: Mueller has limits. And those limits are dictated by the DoJ- which is well within their authority to do.

    Secondly, if you ever bothered to actually read beyond headlines you would know that Rosenstein explicitly authorized Mueller to look into Manafort's money laundering- which he did while working to install a Russian-backed President in the United St- erm sorry, the Ukraine. So it was wholly relevant, and this is a typical tactic in investigations to get a witness to talk. And it's not illegal or unconstitutional- the Courts have weighed in on this time and time again.

    And third- if you had actually bothered to read Morrison v Olson, you'd realize that it was actually about the Congressional Special Prosecutor statute that expired in 1999. But it DID hinge on one key limitation: that the AG had the authority to fire the Special Prosecutor. Which, by the way, also applies to 28 CFR section 600.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortybox View Post
    All you do is Google crap in an attempt to sound smart.
    As opposed to you? Are you a lawyer or... are you googling crap in an attempt to sound smart?

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    Looks like Manafort may have been engaging in some witness tampering:



    Trump hires all the best people!
    This is awesome. Want to bet that unidentified person is John Barron or Michael Cohen?

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    This is awesome. Want to bet that unidentified person is John Barron or Michael Cohen?
    It was someone from Hapsburg. I'm pretty sure they were all ex-EU leaders- which is crazy.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    As opposed to you? Are you a lawyer or... are you googling crap in an attempt to sound smart?
    It's hilarious that the trolls think accusing someone of doing research on something before they form an opinion is an insult.

  10. Default

    Either way I don't think Judge Amy Berman Jackson is going to have any of this, Manafort is gonna go to prison.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •