Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: NYT Interview: Trump attacks the independence of the Justice Department

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Chain of command.
    Uh, so? I mean, when I was a Squad Leader I reported directly to my Platoon Leader, who reported to my Company Commander. I didn't report directly to my Company Commander.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Uh, so? I mean, when I was a Squad Leader I reported directly to my Platoon Leader, who reported to my Company Commander. I didn't report directly to my Company Commander.
    I only reported to myself.

Would it really had made much of a difference if your company commander said you were going to start reporting directly to him? Would it really have made much of a difference if your platoon leader were cut out of the picture?

Blog Entries

Would it really had made much of a difference if your company commander said you were going to start reporting directly to him? Would it really have made much of a difference if your platoon leader were cut out of the picture?
    Well, yes. It would completely undermine the Lt's authority.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Well, yes. It would completely undermine the Lt's authority.
    Authority smothority.

Trump gave an interview! He's trying to dismantle our government and turn us into Russia!

Holy shit. Trump Derangement Syndrome just mutated to a totally new virus that turns people into literal babbling retards.
    Plot twist: She's always been a babbling retard. In fact she has 3 PhD's in babbling like a retard along with a lifetime of experience.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

It is a pretty significant distinction. Either you do or you don't directly report to the President.
    I'm reporting both of them to Kranar.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Trump is continuing to talk about his Presidential Pardon powers, among other disturbing subjects in a 10 post tweet storm this morning. It's pretty desparate talk and indicates Trump may very well believe he's about to get in some real trouble:

US President Donald Trump has fired off a volley of early morning tweets complaining about the investigation into possible Russian meddling in his 2016 campaign, while insisting that he has "complete power to pardon".

The tweets were unusual in their breadth and scope, even for Mr Trump, given the wide variety of topics he touched on as Saturday dawned in the US.

His 10 tweets, all sent within two hours starting before 6:30 am (local time) ranged from the Russia investigation and Attorney General Jeff Sessions to Hillary Clinton, the health care effort and his newly appointed White House communications director.

In one missive, Mr Trump said: "While all agree the US President has the complete power to pardon, why think of that when only crime so far is LEAKS against us. FAKE NEWS."
    Last edited by time4fun; 07-22-2017 at 12:54 PM.

Thought this opinion by former Nixon counsel was interesting:

https://verdict.justia.com/amp/2017/...ming-will-fail
    I don't use Lich. If you want to do business with me, contact me via PM, IG, or on AIM. Or maybe use smoke signals. Don't like it, get off of my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Thought this opinion by former Nixon counsel was interesting:

https://verdict.justia.com/amp/2017/...ming-will-fail
    Just shows how much trump is in over his head. If he thinks he can divert or alter this Mueller investigation in a way to benefit himself, he's mistaken.

The President himself put out a tweet talking about pardons today. We're barely 6 months in, and the President is talking about pardons!

I'm not sure he gets it, but he doesn't understand the difference between life insurance and health insurance so I'm not surprised.

I was surprised to see Scaramucci hop aboard the administration now. Usually people are trying to get off a sinking ship, not hop aboard.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Last edited by SHAFT; 07-22-2017 at 01:22 PM.