Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE

At this point it is open ended.
    The latest GS4 Training Spreadsheet can be found at: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Training_Spreadsheet
    Please feel free to suggest new features, updates or fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by LivderaDeralleur View Post
    ... darnit all. As if Plat weren't already dragging me away from Prime. Haha.

Seriously considering trying this. Will ponder on a race/profession and debate whether I should go for it after I'm done work. I kind of like having my single character focus I've had on Plat so far, though.

Might do a Sorcerer. I had the best luck with that profession in Prime as far as no-deaths go (L26-L27, no deaths so far - still has her free deed from the sprite quest.) But that was with a Wizard spellup available.
    Right now the 4 of us are doing it.

2 Paladins, a Cleric and I think a Bard.

I imagine it may be a bit tougher for you but I also don't know how tough it is already with you and your hurdles playing.

Just the other day I was asking where you've been, and someone told me you won the Bard raffle, and I was like oh yay!

I'm interested! I'll look into whether I can swing a Plat account or not. Been wanting to try it for a while now. This may be the inspiration that will do it.

The death mechanics in GS are too easy now with death salves and priestess potions. The biggest penalty to me currently is just the amount of time from depart confirm to full spellup which is minimal.

Blog Entries

I just started one in prime. Do I get a consolation prize?

Katii
    Sylvan
    Wizard
    Last edited by WRoss; 07-19-2017 at 03:46 PM.
    2013 PC FF Champion

Ross#9505 on Discord

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post

I imagine it may be a bit tougher for you but I also don't know how tough it is already with you and your hurdles playing.

Just the other day I was asking where you've been, and someone told me you won the Bard raffle, and I was like oh yay!
    lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die... you guys do realize that without outside spells and limitations on gear that certain classes (namely the ones you listed) wil have an enormous advantage over say a warrior especially at the lower levels.

It's stupid this way, someone getting to even level 40 with no outside spells and off the shelf gear as a warrior vs. a cleric or paladin is night and day. Like one person trying to win a marathon with a ball & chain shackled to him... it just plain doesn't make sense.

Overall though it's a solid contest and something I'm keenly interested in, it just needs to be fleshed out better to have any kind of longevity.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die... you guys do realize that without outside spells and limitations on gear that certain classes (namely the ones you listed) wil have an enormous advantage over say a warrior especially at the lower levels.

It's stupid this way, someone getting to even level 40 with no outside spells and off the shelf gear as a warrior vs. a cleric or paladin is night and day. Like one person trying to win a marathon with a ball & chain shackled to him... it just plain doesn't make sense.

Overall though it's a solid contest and something I'm keenly interested in, it just needs to be fleshed out better to have any kind of longevity.
    Hi, I'm a contradicting retard with no life..

The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right.

lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die

I recommend educating players on mechanics to avoid being "buffed" or healed by other players without permission. Sometimes you walk into a room injured, and some empath decides to heal you - out of your control. Clearly there are demeanor controls or some such to avoid this. I'm not sure how to prevent someone spamming disks on everyone in the room, or what have you, to prevent a rule violation without intent.
    Last edited by Maerit; 07-19-2017 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    I recommend educating players on mechanics to avoid being "buffed" or healed by other players without permission. Sometimes you walk into a room injured, and some empath decides to heal you - out of your control. Clearly there are demeanor controls or some such to avoid this. I'm not sure how to prevent someone spamming disks on everyone in the room, or what have you, to prevent a rule violation without intent.
    The majority of us in Plat, are aware of those people doing the HC thing.

Granted it's obviously a plus since the population is smaller and we all chat amongst one another, those of us who are doing it are pretty well versed in setting demanors for professions etc so we don't accidentally get healed by someone or such...But in Plat stuff like that typically doesn't happen as it easily does in prime

Hi, I'm a contradicting retard with no life..

The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right.

lulz, so all the mega-tank classes that can't die
    Hi, I'm a kid that has a (good) idea but whips up planning and execution in 5 minutes without any kind of debate or peer review. I think I know everything and this 5 minute initial plan for a multi-year multi-layered event with several people involved is going to be perfect ,the end, period, fuck you haterz kthx bye.

10. Default

Yup! Work's just been extra hectic the last week, so I haven't had as much time to be around as of late. But I made a point of being around for the sonic raffle. (Though I won't get to play around with the thing until next level, sadly. I'm still sticking it out with the TWC. I'm yet undecided if I want to cave and switch to OHB/shield. I like having 2 swings in 5 seconds.)

Re: having troubles with the challenge.

Don't think it'd be too bad, as long as I don't pick a class that's too squishy and don't go for an off the wall build like I did with my Bard.

The only thing I'm unsure on is having to delete the character if I die. Though I understand that sort of adds a bit of adrenaline/risk to the whole thing.