Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Hi, I'm a kid that has a (good) idea but whips up planning and execution in 5 minutes without any kind of debate or peer review. I think I know everything and this 5 minute initial plan for a multi-year multi-layered event with several people involved is going to be perfect ,the end, period, fuck you haterz kthx bye.
    You realize, those who signed on to it, are the ones who reviewed and debated the rules, right?

The above is what we all agreed on.

Sorry if it doesnt fit your idea...But you aren't involved anyways so why does it matter?

Quote Originally Posted by LivderaDeralleur View Post
    Yup! Work's just been extra hectic the last week, so I haven't had as much time to be around as of late. But I made a point of being around for the sonic raffle. (Though I won't get to play around with the thing until next level, sadly. I'm still sticking it out with the TWC. I'm yet undecided if I want to cave and switch to OHB/shield. I like having 2 swings in 5 seconds.)

Re: having troubles with the challenge.

Don't think it'd be too bad, as long as I don't pick a class that's too squishy and don't go for an off the wall build like I did with my Bard.

The only thing I'm unsure on is having to delete the character if I die. Though I understand that sort of adds a bit of adrenaline/risk to the whole thing.
    The only notion why we would rather have them deleted is because it would be odd seeing said character walk around the town still after they "died".

Gear wise, we allowed it to be passed onto a Non-HC character so the gear wouldn't just up and poof too. And most of us don't think we'll make it super far, but will be surprised if we do heh.

If you are having fun with how Bara is now, stick it out. Worst case scenario is you run into a roadblock and simply fixskills her

Why wouldn't I be involved? This is open for everybody isn't it; that's why you're posting here on the PC isn't it? What did I say? What were my words? I said it was a good idea but it could be better. Perhaps, not my ideas but currently for something that may last potentially for 6,7 years+ it just seems too "glued together". It could be improved.
    Last edited by hello; 07-19-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Why wouldn't I be involved? This is open for everybody isn't it; that's why you're posting here on the PC isn't it? What did I say? What were my words? I said it was a good idea but it could be better. Perhaps, not my ideas but currently for something that may last potentially for 6,7 years+ it just seems too "glued together". It could be improved.
    Oh sorry, didn't know you played Plat.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
    The only notion why we would rather have them deleted is because it would be odd seeing said character walk around the town still after they "died".

Gear wise, we allowed it to be passed onto a Non-HC character so the gear wouldn't just up and poof too. And most of us don't think we'll make it super far, but will be surprised if we do heh.

If you are having fun with how Bara is now, stick it out. Worst case scenario is you run into a roadblock and simply fixskills her

That's pretty much my thoughts on the matter. I'll keep going with it and if it becomes more frustrations than anything, I'll burn her FIXSKILLS.

Oh and re: the Hardcore challenge.

I'm in.

Name: Lucille
    Race: Halfling
    Profession :Sorcerer

Cause it's going to be amusing.

- Does buying from the pawnshop count as an NPC shop or does it all have to be ordered stuff from the weapon shop or off a cart?

Pawnshop is allowed. We're trusting people to not sell stuff to the pawn just to buy with their HC characters.
    The latest GS4 Training Spreadsheet can be found at: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Training_Spreadsheet
    Please feel free to suggest new features, updates or fixes.

Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I'm interested! I'll look into whether I can swing a Plat account or not. Been wanting to try it for a while now. This may be the inspiration that will do it.
    Free month trial: https://www.play.net/gs4/platinum/trial.asp
    (OOC) Boring's player whispers, "Wow you have a lot of gowns."

Come try a free 30 day trial of Platinum!

I'll go ahead and do a second, because why not. Same account, just for when Nah is done with his Lumnis for the week.

Resel
    Giantman
    Ranger

While Brinret's silvers are always tempting, I think the way to go is to hunt with a regular character alongside these to ensure none of the bad luck flows my way.

Too many BS deaths in GS though. Instead of hardcore its gonna turn into Gelcore, Wrathcore, or Tisket-core, where they evade any type of challenge to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Putting someone on ignore is an admission that you are too weak-willed to scroll past a post without reading it. Stop being a pussy and grow a set.