Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Gemstone IV Platinum HARDCORE

lolplat.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Orbstar View Post
    You artsy left brain using commie fuck.
    You see a fairly typical mom that is lying down.

You suddenly slap Haliste with the flat edge of your claidhmore. Bet she didn't expect that!

The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right.

Suggestion: Change it to more than 1 death per level and you're out. Also... if a GM can be semi-involved with this; he or she can act as referee and maintain the "out list" since a GM can see how many deaths you have at the current level.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20. If you somehow make it to 20 without any outside spells and deathless... you are BOSS. 100... yeah right.

Suggestion: Change it to more than 1 death per level and you're out. Also... if a GM can be semi-involved with this; he or she can act as referee and maintain the "out list" since a GM can see how many deaths you have at the current level.
    Stop trying to create rules for a player created thing. If anyone has any call on anything it is Keith, since he is putting up the prizes.

4. Default

... darnit all. As if Plat weren't already dragging me away from Prime. Haha.

Seriously considering trying this. Will ponder on a race/profession and debate whether I should go for it after I'm done work. I kind of like having my single character focus I've had on Plat so far, though.

Might do a Sorcerer. I had the best luck with that profession in Prime as far as no-deaths go (L26-L27, no deaths so far - still has her free deed from the sprite quest.) But that was with a Wizard spellup available.

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    The permadeath thing is stupid. Everyone is going to die at least once especially after 20.
    Well let's just change the death mechanics because you think it's stupid.

Or...we could just laugh at you...
    Last edited by Candor; 07-19-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    Well let's just change the death mechanics because you think it's stupid.

Or...we could just laugh at you...
    we, huh? Got a mouse in your pocket?

Perma-death is one of those mechanics that is fun to talk and joke about but it's bullshit in a subscription capacity. Trying to stay relevant in the most inane and unintuitive way(s). Par the course for Simu.
    Last edited by Astray; 07-19-2017 at 01:42 PM.

You suddenly slap Haliste with the flat edge of your claidhmore. Bet she didn't expect that!

Alright first off, this is just a fun challenge I've been considering a while. Other people in Plat decided to get involved as well when I started talking about it. I am putting up some prizes just for fun. This is not officially sanctioned in any way. If you don't think it's interesting then please do not feel you have to participate. Otherwise everyone is welcome!
    The latest GS4 Training Spreadsheet can be found at: http://gsguide.wikia.com/wiki/Training_Spreadsheet
    Please feel free to suggest new features, updates or fixes.

Oooooh. That makes it... slightly... less awful.

Blog Entries

Very cool. I need to roll up some newbies for testing purposes. May jump in this at some point. Is there a suspense date on this challenge?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites