So, a few of us have been in discussion about a Hardcore/Ironman mode playing type, and while obviously this will likely never get done mechanically thru Simu, we kept discussing it as a possible option for us to get involved in and follow guidelines set by us on our own will.

I'm curious as to what the consensus would be on such a typical mode, and what you'd see or prefer to see guideline/rule wise that would be set to follow.

There are a few gray lines we come across, things such as using the Simucoin store for example or not and I wanted to hear more input from a larger population instead of just our small chat group.

As of now, we personally feel that such a mode should be included to things like

1) Permadeath - This one is an obvious, since typically games with that mode are what it's all about

2) Item usage - We wanted it to be so that we can't just twink out our Hardcore guys with gear on our alts, or otherwise given to use. Some tossed back and forth the idea of only using gear we would find in the wilds, while others mentioned we could use gear we ourselves would purchase with saved coins, raffle wins etc.

3) Spells - We all agreed on the fact that no outside spells from others should be cast on the characters. This does not include scrolls or imbeds however, since one needs to train in those skills to use such things, we thought that ojnly made sense to be able to use imbeds and scrolls. Just not being able to receive spells from outsiders. (This can prove to be difficult though as sometimes players will just automatically cast spells on others with no question, so that's another gray area)

4) Boosts - This rule would similar follow the item usage rule, since obviously boosts are gained by our characters.

Obviously there is/would be more to things but that's the jist of it all for the time being.

I'm mostly curious as to what others views on such a thing would be, and suggestions or things they personally feel would apply to such a thing.

Obviously this sort of "mode" would be purely for fun, and obviously not everyone would either a) enjoy it or b) be honest about following the guidelines, since let's face it, people lie or bend rules all the time.

Thoughts? Opinions? Suggestions?