Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

I get that and generally give plenty of leeway, but the time skipping and warping around and inconsistency really has gotten bad. Did this season take place over one month? Six? A year?

Blog Entries

It was definitely bad this season. Stealth armies marching all over the south with no one noticing, Daenarys, Tyrion, and whoever appearing at opposite ends of the continent in the same episode. Westeros is like 3000+ miles from Dragonstone to north of the Wall. It's probably a symptom of getting an outline from GRRM and not being able to go into the side plots that would lengthen and smooth everything over.

I think in the series each season corresponds to roughly a year.
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-30-2017 at 12:00 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It was definitely bad this season. Stealth armies marching all over the south with no one noticing, Daenarys, Tyrion, and whoever appearing at opposite ends of the continent in the same episode. Westeros is like 3000+ miles from Dragonstone to north of the Wall. It's probably a symptom of getting an outline from GRRM and not being able to go into the side plots that would lengthen and smooth everything over.

I think in the series each season corresponds to roughly a year.
    I said it before. Terrible and lazy writing this season. Exciting and fun to watch, sure, but so many "um...wha?" moments.

Plus they have no outline from GRRM, which is a big reason that the writing was so much better in the early seasons. They had a story laid out for them. Now D&D are making it up on their own and forgetting about the journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    You're looking at this from a human, avoiding unnecessary loss of life and blah blah kind of way.
    Bodies are bodies when you're at war. On their end it's not that they care about the individuals they might lose, but the numbers. These guys are far from mindless and they want to win the war.

What "risk" do you think there is in sending some undead troops to drag themselves across the bottom of the water rather than waiting
    Aside from whatever heat they may generate with their movement (very little, I'd imagine), the undead don't generate heat like living beings do. Drop your ass into some arctic waters and see how long it takes you to turn into a popsicle. I would think the undead, having a lack of natural body temperature, would freeze even faster. Of course, we're dealing with magic here and that sort of thing doesn't have to follow any of our rules, so it's entirely possible that they wouldn't freeze simply because magic. It's hard to really get into the science of things when you're applying magic, but as I mentioned before even if they make it out of the water, how long is it going to take the water they're covered in to freeze? Are they somehow able to overcome being sheathed in ice?

At any rate... why over think it? Maybe the walkers have a flair for the dramatic. Maybe they knew or were hoping that a dragon-borne rescue attempt might show up to give them a chance at their own dragon. Maybe they just wanted to let the people out there freeze and resurrect them for their own army.

long enough that Gendry got to the wall, a raven was sent to Dragonstone, and then Dany flew all the way up there? It's not like they just stood there for an hour. They were standing there foreverrrrr.
    If anything bothered me, it was the time-frame. Homeboy ran through the snow really fast and then those ravens and dragons flew a whole lot faster because no humans would survive out on those rocks for more than a couple days at best in the real world.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

5. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    A plot device is never late, nor is it early, it arrives precisely when the directors want it to.
    yeah...but the directors could be idiots.

So it turns out there was indeed a scene where Sansa goes to Bran for help in figuring out what's up with Baelish and for whatever (stupid) reason it was cut from the episode.

That sucks, I was looking forward to that scene.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    So it turns out there was indeed a scene where Sansa goes to Bran for help in figuring out what's up with Baelish and for whatever (stupid) reason it was cut from the episode.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    That sucks, I was looking forward to that scene.
    Yeah, it would have been interesting to see how far they got themselves and how much they needed Bran to fill in or confirm for them.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

9. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    So maybe not all bad writing but some bad directing and producing? Too bad because Bran's character NEEDED a scene like that.