Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    So what's the story behind Longclaw? From the book I mean.
    It's just House Mormont's ancestral blade, made of Valyrian steel. That's about it.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's just House Mormont's ancestral blade, made of Valyrian steel. That's about it.
    Oh, I thought it would be more interesting considering all the excitement about the eyes.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Oh, I thought it would be more interesting considering all the excitement about the eyes.
    Strong possibility that it's the legendary Lightbringer, the amount of emphasis they've been putting on it over the seasons I would not be surprised.

Blog Entries

Well it's Valyrian steel, which is kind of a big deal lorewise as there are only a handful left.

Longclaw is almost certainly not Lightbringer, as it's not a flaming/glowing sword and has a known history (plus the pommel was added by Jeor Mormont). The sword that might have been Lightbringer was lost by Stannis, but a lot of characters thought it was a forgery.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

What about the flaming swords of the Brotherhood. It struck me as very random that all of a sudden, and without explanation (in the TV series anyway) these two guys suddenly had flaming swords.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

What about the flaming swords of the Brotherhood. It struck me as very random that all of a sudden, and without explanation (in the TV series anyway) these two guys suddenly had flaming swords.
    In the books they were using wildfire, the same stuff that blew up the Sept of Baelor. Gendry mentions that it ruins the blade, but I don't think this is really depicted in the TV series.

I dunno, they seem to be able to just light 'em up on command. I was hoping before Dany flew in with the dragon brigade he'd set Longclaw ablaze and go on a berserkers rampage. I mean, that'd be pretty fucking cool.

There needs to be an "I am Azor Ahai" moment with Jon ala Neo in the Matrix when he realizes he is The One.

also, RIP Uncle Benjen and Thoros
    Last edited by Kronius; 08-21-2017 at 09:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    I'm guessing Bran sent Benjen to rescue Jon, which would mean his powers are becoming more focused. Hopefully he helps vs Littlefinger because his sisters don't seem up to the task of taking him on, at least from what they've shown so far.
    I was thinking last night how useless Bran seems to be. He'll probably end up being the 'hero' somehow, but you'd think he could contribute more in the present. I guess to some degree he just has to let things play out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronius View Post
    Or was the Raven from Kings Landing summoning Sansa just a rouse from Littlefinger to her to send Brienne, so Brienne wasn't there to protect either Stark girl?
    I was wondering about that as well. I don't think they said why she wanted her to come to King's Landing, but it doesn't make sense for her to make that request. I'm sure she thinks Sansa is stupid as shit, but she has to know she's got a lot of people around to advise her. Plus, would she not have been requesting Jon rather than Sansa? I don't see why she would expect him to go down there.

If that turns out to be anything, it's not something that has been mentioned in the books in any way. Outside of the Valyrian steel aspect, which we may not fully know the extent of, none of the swords have ever been mentioned as having some other magical powers. The Red Priests set their weapons on fire, but I forget how that's been explained.
    Last edited by subzero; 08-21-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

I can't believe that everything about Coldhands, all of this time, was leading up to "take my moose while I hold these guys off for three seconds, tops." What an incredible waste of a character.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    I can't believe that everything about Coldhands, all of this time, was leading up to "take my moose while I hold these guys off for three seconds, tops." What an incredible waste of a character.
    Coldhands isn't Benjen Stark in the books.