Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Bronn leaving the money to help fight, that's character reference.
    That's survival instinct. Are we going to argue that Bronn is a good, upstanding person now? Really?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    That's survival instinct. Are we going to argue that Bronn is a good, upstanding person now? Really?
    His greed is part of his charm. As is his survival instinct.

I heart Bronn.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    He could have easily taken the money and GTFO-->, instead he not only told Jaime to leave (intending to stay and fight) but left the payment he was verbal about only minutes before and put his life on the line.

I'll never say he's a white knight, but the guy's not bad IMO.

And yes, I have much <3 for Bronn. If he, Littlefinger and Tyrion come out of this whole thing alive, I'll consider it a win for me!
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

He didn't grab the gold and run because he was surrounded by a Dothraki horde and a dragon. He's greedy but he's not stupid.

Yea, he definitely wanted that gold but was disarmed and dismounted and the Dothraki was mounted and circling back to finish him off.

To her point, he definitely is also grey like Jamie and tries to do the right thing/feels bad (sometimes) about the wrong thing. Hell, they looked at each when Tarly was pushing to flog slow walkers like wtf ha

I also like him, he's hilarious, and that fight scene (and Arya's) were both so badass.

If he, Littlefinger and Tyrion come out of this whole thing alive, I'll consider it a win for me!
    Also, I was wrong about Arya going south (for now?) but it doesn't look good for Littlefinger with Bran and Arya (and Brienne) there near and getting on to him.
    Last edited by Roblar; 08-07-2017 at 05:18 PM.

He could have easily taken the money and GTFO-->, instead he not only told Jaime to leave (intending to stay and fight) but left the payment he was verbal about only minutes before and put his life on the line.

I'll never say he's a white knight, but the guy's not bad IMO.
    He's a mercenary, plain and simple. His loyalty lasts as long as the payments come in. Had he ran, his money train would have come to an end. No gold, no castle, no title. Maybe he'd find someone else... maybe not. At this point, I think it would be difficult for him to switch sides as the others may know who he is and who he had been serving. Not the kind of bet he'd be willing to make this far into the game.

Leaving the gold... dead men have no need for gold.

And yes, I have much <3 for Bronn. If he, Littlefinger and Tyrion come out of this whole thing alive, I'll consider it a win for me!
    In that case, prepare to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    He's a mercenary, plain and simple. His loyalty lasts as long as the payments come in. Had he ran, his money train would have come to an end. No gold, no castle, no title. Maybe he'd find someone else... maybe not. At this point, I think it would be difficult for him to switch sides as the others may know who he is and who he had been serving. Not the kind of bet he'd be willing to make this far into the game.

Leaving the gold... dead men have no need for gold.

In that case, prepare to lose.
    DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

DON'T RUIN THIS FOR ME.
    Sorry. I like to smash dreams like

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    This isn't about the brutality of that world, you moron. It's about whether that character is good or not. Even according to that world's morality, Jaime has done things that should have seen him decapitated by an executioner.
    Felt like this should be circled back to.

I think part of the appeal is that you can place blame on most everyone in Westeros and it would stick. It's in the justifications and tilt of your own moral compass that allow you to connect with a character that in turns put you against another character in the book/show. The only true innocent person I can think of is Lollys Stokeworth ( sp? ) who just had too many cakes and got raped to death/pieces before the battle of the bay. Even then someone can ( and did ) throw up a #diabeetus and all was forgotten.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."

10. Default

apparently the best episode of the season get hype!!