Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    There's no spin. He does evil shit for the sake of his family, and most specifically his sister. He even admits to Cersei that he killed his own cousin so he could get back to her.
    And there you have it...in what reality does that behavior make him a good guy? That's all I mean. Whether you love him, or hate him, doesn't change what he is. And what he is, isn't a good guy.
    Last edited by Tisket; 08-07-2017 at 03:57 PM.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Stunseed View Post
    The cousin was more Frey than Lannister. No big loss, Frey's are like red shirts in Star Trek ( Easier to conceal the blood post throat-cuts ). In the book where some of the people's thoughts/opinions are bit more fleshed out Jaime was not a pro-Frey person in general.

One aspect I believe in for Jaime is more self/family preservation. If it CAN be right, so be it but until no option is viable until that condition is met.
    lol
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Stun just won this thread with a Star Trek analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    And how come nobody ever talks about him killing his own cousin to escape Rob's cage? Spin that!
    It's fucking GoT world. If you're going to be a pussy and be nice to everyone you wouldn't make it out of the womb, brutal is an understatement here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    I am delusional. I'm uneducated. I'm poor. I'm white. I'm weak. I'm insecure. I'm a bitch

Is the last surviving Sand Snake going to die from the poisonous kiss? That would be lame.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    It's fucking GoT world. If you're going to be a pussy and be nice to everyone you wouldn't make it out of the womb, brutal is an understatement here.
    This isn't about the brutality of that world, you moron. It's about whether that character is good or not. Even according to that world's morality, Jaime has done things that should have seen him decapitated by an executioner.

I like turtles.

Blog Entries

Listen, flawed characters are the most interesting to watch but don't pretend he's good. And no, bravery isn't a trait reserved for the good so his leap into a pit to fight a bear and his charge at the dragon don't count as a character reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Listen, flawed characters are the most interesting to watch but don't pretend he's good. And no, bravery isn't a trait reserved for the good so his leap into a pit to fight a bear and his charge at the dragon don't count as a character reference.
    Bronn leaving the money to help fight, that's character reference.

He can have my castle. ahue.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Blog Entries

Bronn is my favorite character in the series I think.