Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Quote Originally Posted by peam View Post
    I'm cynical, hate everything and generally hard to impress but that battle literally had me on the edge of my seat. Holy shit.
    Also this, the entire time I was like "Shit, come on, don't hit the dragon, don't kill Bronn, omfg DON'T KILL BRONN."
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    What was the last 'bad' thing he did, though? I'm not saying he shouldn't be held accountable for his actions, but pushing Bran out of a window was way back in Season 1, lol.
    Does it really matter? He pushed a boy out of a window to cover up the 20+ year affair he's been having with his sister. He even said "The things you do for love" or something like it. Between that and stabbing his king in the back? Eh. You don't really bounce back from that.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

"Stabbing his king in the back" was the bravest and most selfless thing Jaime ever did. Pushing Bran out a window...not so much.
    Last edited by Tenlaar; 08-07-2017 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Does it really matter? He pushed a boy out of a window to cover up the 20+ year affair he's been having with his sister. He even said "The things you do for love" or something like it. Between that and stabbing his king in the back? Eh. You don't really bounce back from that.
    Damn, you really think that killing Aerys was the wrong decision? He was going to burn the entirety of King's Landing with wildfire.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

The wounded child is tiny in size.
    The child should prove to be a difficult challenge for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Damn, you really think that killing Aerys was the wrong decision? He was going to burn the entirety of King's Landing with wildfire.
    Nope. Never said I thought it was the wrong decision. Regardless of whether it was the right or wrong thing to do, a knight sworn to protect the king... who took an OATH to do so, not only betrayed his oath and his liegelord, he didn't even fight him headon, he stabbed him in the back. There's two completely separate points here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    "Stabbing his king in the back" was the bravest and most selfless thing Jaime ever did. Pushing Bran out a window...not so much.
    I don't know if I'd say it was the most selfless thing he ever did, but then we never really got to see the events surrounding/leading up to it. My guess is that there was definitely some Lannister influence there. Bravest? Probably, unless he ever stands up to his sister.
    Last edited by Jhynnifer; 08-07-2017 at 10:55 AM.

I don't know if I'd say it was the most selfless thing he ever did, but then we never really got to see the events surrounding/leading up to it. My guess is that there was definitely some Lannister influence there. Bravest? Probably, unless he ever stands up to his sister.
    The events surrounding/leading up to it are known to us. Tywin showed up with a Lannister army. Most, including Jaime, counselled the mad king not to let Tywin into the city. Pycelle convinced him to let Tywin in, at which point the Lannister army immediately started sacking the city, and then the king started ordering people to set the entire city on fire (with wildfire) with all of the inhabitants still in it.

Jaime was willing to sacrifice all of the honor and standing he had in the kingdom to keep a madman from burning thousands of innocent people alive after losing a war.
    Last edited by Tenlaar; 08-07-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Blog Entries

Nope. Never said I thought it was the wrong decision. Regardless of whether it was the right or wrong thing to do, a knight sworn to protect the king... who took an OATH to do so, not only betrayed his oath and his liegelord, he didn't even fight him headon, he stabbed him in the back. There's two completely separate points here.
    Having an oath is all well and good, but blindly following orders including killing your own father and letting the city go up in flames is hardly something that should be expected.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Jaime might have killed the mad king to save everyone from wildfire but he barely flinched when he found out his sister/lover burned the people in the Sept of Baelor.

His moral compass is very definitely skewed.
    Last edited by Tisket; 08-07-2017 at 11:29 AM.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Jaime might have killed the mad king to save everyone from wildfire but he barely flinched when he found out his sister/lover burned the people in the Sept of Baelor.

I don't remember him finding out. But regardless, I think he will kill Cersei eventually because he sees her becoming more and more like Aerys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    Oh there's no question about that. I'm just saying that killing The Mad King was probably the only actual seemingly "good" and selfless thing I can think of him having done. And that was probably more out of the weird and morally skewed beliefs of the "elites" anyway - you don't lose a war and then take your revenge out on the innocent smallfolk, that's just in poor taste.

But he still did it knowing what being branded a kingslayer could mean. It was more likely that Robert would have him put the death afterward, like Ned wanted, than pardon him and give him an honored position back.

Why the fuck didn't anybody just listen to Ned.
    Last edited by Tenlaar; 08-07-2017 at 11:48 AM.