Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Game of Thrones Season 7

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tisket View Post
    I'm sorry but weren't we talking about the television series? The two mediums have differed on significant points for a while now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It's different in the book, and GRRM and the directors/actors said that a rape wasn't what they were going for.

Read the link. It's not weird insect gifs (this time).
    Last edited by Taernath; 08-07-2017 at 02:27 PM.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Read the link. It's not weird insect gifs (this time).
    And they can say whatever they like however, the scene shows an unwilling woman being forced to have sex. I guess it's easier to forgive him though because it is, after all, Cersei, and we know what an evil bitch she is, right?
    Last edited by Tisket; 08-07-2017 at 02:42 PM.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jhynnifer View Post
    Arya and Brienne, I was SO glad Sansa and Littlefinger got to see that (though I wonder if Brienne got the "No One" comment).
    Guess Sansa doesn't think she's kidding about her list anymore. And Brienne... I don't think she knows much about Faceless Men.

I wonder if Littlefinger is on Arya's list (should he be?).
    On the list, no. But she clearly doesn't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    so jamie is now dead or captured?

doubtful he escaped. bronn might yet live as hes not in heavy armor. how much does platemail weigh? couldnt jaime just swim?
    Unless Bronn or Drogon drags his ass out of the water, it looks like he avoided being cooked in order to drown. If you ask me, that last scene sure made the water look deep. A lot deeper than you'd expect it to be at the very edge of the water. I expect we'll see him being pulled out somehow.

Blog Entries

And they can say whatever they like however, the scene shows an unwilling woman being forced to have sex. I guess it's easier to forgive him though because it is, after all, Cersei, and we know what an evil bitch she is, right?
    There's nothing to forgive because it didn't happen. Neither Cersei nor Jaime react to it, and it's business as usual the next scene. The directors fucked up, like they fucked up with the "bad poosey" Sand Snakes.

You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

There's nothing to forgive because it didn't happen.
    What part didn't happen? The part where she says "no" like five times? Regardless of the director's self-whitewash of the scene, it depicted a rape.
    We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty. We must remember always that accusation is not proof and that conviction depends upon evidence and due process of law. We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason, if we dig deep in our history and our doctrine, and remember that we are not descended from fearful men. Edward R. Murrow

Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong, I think Jaime is one of the more interesting characters on the show but let's be real, he's not a typical good guy. At best I'd call him an Evil Prince Charming.

Blog Entries

And how come nobody ever talks about him killing his own cousin to escape Rob's cage? Spin that!

And how come nobody ever talks about him killing his own cousin to escape Rob's cage? Spin that!
    There's no spin. He does evil shit for the sake of his family, and most specifically his sister. He even admits to Cersei that he killed his own cousin so he could get back to her.

The cousin was more Frey than Lannister. No big loss, Frey's are like red shirts in Star Trek ( Easier to conceal the blood post throat-cuts ). In the book where some of the people's thoughts/opinions are bit more fleshed out Jaime was not a pro-Frey person in general.

One aspect I believe in for Jaime is more self/family preservation. If it CAN be right, so be it but until no option is viable until that condition is met.
    LadyXXXXXXX: I guess I just like swallowing.
    LadyXXXXXXX: OMG that thing is HUGE

Tyrillian [General]: "Do you worship V'tull?"
    You [General]: "V'tull worships me."