Page 86 of 213 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you frown today (Political Version)

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    No, not all.

Think of it like this: trump violates societal norms by not releasing his tax returns, GOP doesn't make him. Now we have to make laws.
    A better example, which would be more fitting, is that because Trump isn't releasing his tax returns then everybody in the US needs to make their tax returns public.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    A better example, which would be more fitting, is that because Trump isn't releasing his tax returns then everybody in the US needs to make their tax returns public.
    Yes I see that angle. Ya you have a point. AR15s are fun as fuck. Its a shame if we can't keep playing with them but this stuff is never surgically precise and all good people lose rights whenever any law is created. I have friends who can consume lots if drugs and be totally positive members of society. Some people can't so we legislate

Blog Entries

Yes I see that angle. Ya you have a point. AR15s are fun as fuck. Its a shame if we can't keep playing with them but this stuff is never surgically precise and all good people lose rights whenever any law is created. I have friends who can consume lots if drugs and be totally positive members of society. Some people can't so we legislate
    Consuming drugs isn't a constitutional right though, so the analogy doesn't apply.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Consuming drugs isn't a constitutional right though, so the analogy doesn't apply.
    Either is unlimited firearms. This has already been established and the constitution permits vigorous regulation of weapons

5. Default

Should we legislate white males?

Blog Entries

Either is unlimited firearms. This has already been established and the constitution permits vigorous regulation of weapons
    Who is talking about unlimited firearms? I'll probably never own more than 4. Pistol, shotgun, AR, and a bolt action.

I have already put forward a gun regulation. The problem is that it wouldn't actually help what you want it to help. So when the next one happens you will want to go further, and when the next one happens after that you'll go even further. Until we are talking about banning guns all together.
    Last edited by drauz; 03-25-2018 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Androidpk View Post
    Should we legislate white males?
    That's what I think I said before. The mentality is fucked but impossible to legislate that so we have pass clumsy laws. Its an old story but its the only reason we have law in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Who is talking about unlimited firearms?

I have already put forward a gun regulation. The problem is that it wouldn't actually help what you want it to help. So when the next one happens you will want to go further, and when the next one happens after that you'll go even further. Until we are talking about banning guns all together.
    Evidence suggest that isnt the case. The measurable effect of the assault weapons ban on mass shootings for one. Its much harder to mass shoot with a bolt action.

9. Default

That's what I think I said before. The mentality is fucked but impossible to legislate that so we have pass clumsy laws. Its an old story but its the only reason we have law in the first place.
    We could make it so white males aren't allowed to purchase or own firearms. We could also enact strict curfews, limit movement, and enact probation.

Blog Entries

The whole leap before you look mentality is just terrible.