Page 129 of 213 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131139179 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 2129

Thread: Things that made you frown today (Political Version)

Blog Entries

Anyone know what these people have in common?

Paul Combetta

Cheryl Mills

John Bentel

Heather Samuelson

Bryan Pagliano

Tony Podesta
    Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Methais isn't even on my level bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Anyone know what these people have in common?
    They all have first and last names.

Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-than-estimat/

Study supports Trump: 5.7 million noncitizens may have cast illegal votes
    A research group in New Jersey has taken a fresh look at postelection polling data and concluded that the number of noncitizens voting illegally in U.S. elections is likely far greater than previous estimates.

As many as 5.7 million noncitizens may have voted in the 2008 election, which put Barack Obama in the White House.
    Voter fraud anyone?
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Default San Francisco looks to ban free lunch at tech companies

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/san-fra...ech-companies/

Lavish free lunches are the stuff of Silicon Valley legend, and a treasured perk in the roster of on-campus benefits that tech companies use to lure workers. But two San Francisco legislators are looking to do away with the practice, saying it hurts local businesses who can't compete, reports CBS San Francisco.

"We see thousands of employees in a block radius that don't go out to lunch and don't go out in support of restaurants every day," said Ryan Corridor, owner of Corridor, a restaurant blocks from San Francisco's city hall. "It's because they don't have to."

On the other hand, when Square, a nearby payment processing company, closes its cafeteria every other Friday, Corridor sees such a surge it sometimes has to increase its staffing, the San Francisco Chronicle reported.

"You can't compete with free. Free food is a wonderful amenity but doesn't do anything to extend the community around it," said Gwyneth Borden, executive director of the Golden Gate Restaurant Association.

San Francisco Supervisors Ahsha Safai and Aaron Peskin introduced legislation Tuesday prohibiting in-house cafeterias in new office buildings and tech campuses. They insist the city has the legal right to do this through a zoning amendment using certain planning and public health codes.

If passed, this new law would only apply to new companies, not existing companies in the city like Google, Twitter and Levi Strauss & Co. There are currently 51 such employee cafeterias in San Francisco.

5. Default

Talk about grade A bullshit.

Wait what? They want to ban companies from offering free lunches to their employees to help nearby restaurants?

What's nex, forbidding a company from employing their own cleaning crews so they have to hire outside help? Think of the boon to the local public transportation if they forbid employers from providing employee parking!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    What's nex, forbidding a company from employing their own cleaning crews so they have to hire outside help? Think of the boon to the local public transportation if they forbid employers from providing employee parking!
    Ban on sack lunches.

What about the company that supplies the food for these lunches. Or the cafeteria workers? Are they not as important as local businesses? Not to mention the effect it would have on future locations of tech businesses. They'll just move south or east.

8. Default

What about the company that supplies the food for these lunches. Or the cafeteria workers?
    This is what really gets me. Who are these politicians to dictate where these corporations spend their money? Restaurants are not magically entitled to anyone's money just because they exist.

But fucking why though? What do failing local businesses have to do with a person bringing in a sacked lunch? You're not hitting a very wealthy part of the population in the first place when people are bringing food to work to fucking survive. Are we positive this isn't satire of some kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Astray View Post
    But fucking why though? What do failing local businesses have to do with a person bringing in a sacked lunch? You're not hitting a very wealthy part of the population in the first place when people are bringing food to work to fucking survive. Are we positive this isn't satire of some kind?
    The bag lunch was satire on Richard's part. The part that is real is the lawmakers are looking to stop tech companies from giving their employees free food at their place of business.

They claim this is encouraging people to eat at their place of business (because yeah, free food > paying for food) and thus it is leading to empty streets and local businesses not receiving as many customers as the lawmakers feel they should. They even offered a solution that the businesses should instead pay for their employees' lunches and the employees can go to a local restaurant. Really just sounds like a roundabout way of taxing a company.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 07-25-2018 at 08:16 PM.