Page 71 of 77 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you frown today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenlaar View Post
    Sure. It's something that was considered vital to the safety of the nation in a time when a massive standing national army not only didn't exist, but was seen as a danger in and of itself.
    That constitution thing is so outdated.
    @Gelston notice me, senpai!

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Do you know what a militia is?
    --From the Militia Act of 1792

That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service, except, that when called out on company days to exercise only, he may appear without a knapsack.

NOT THIS...

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post

That every citizen, so enrolled and notified, shall, within six months thereafter, provide himself with a good musket or firelock, a sufficient bayonet and belt, two spare flints, and a knapsack, a pouch, with a box therein, to contain not less than twenty four cartridges, suited to the bore of his musket or firelock, each cartridge to contain a proper quantity of powder and ball; or with a good rifle, knapsack, shot-pouch, and powder-horn, twenty balls suited to the bore of his rifle, and a quarter of a pound of powder; and shall appear so armed, accoutred and provided, when called out to exercise or into service, except, that when called out on company days to exercise only, he may appear without a knapsack.

NOT THIS...

You're not adjusting for inflation.
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Blog Entries

Sure. It's something that was considered vital to the safety of the nation in a time when a massive standing national army not only didn't exist, but was seen as a danger in and of itself.
    So, you still didn't answer what a militia is. You obviously don't know what one is. When the constitution was written, discussing the militia, they were definitely referring to a force of citizens who were self supplied, including their own weapons. They are not professional, they don't get issued stuff. They have their own stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    So, you still didn't answer what a militia is. You obviously don't know what one is. When the constitution was written, discussing the militia, they were definitely referring to a force of citizens who were self supplied, including their own weapons. They are not professional, they don't get issued stuff. They have their own stuff.
    And they were part of regulated and trained militia groups. And their purpose was specifically to be prepared to defend the US if needed because, again, we not only didn't have a massive standing national army, but having a massive standing national army was considered a danger in and of itself. Obviously that no longer applies, does it?

THE JUDEAN PEOPLE'S FRONT?!?!?!?
    www.twitch.tv/3piecesofbread
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun
    No, actually, Back is not an idiot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Back
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman.

Methais highlights & sound configs: https://www.dropbox.com/s/6l4kyu7gqm...thais.rar?dl=0
    Methais sounds: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kajxe7wbgr...ounds.rar?dl=0

Quote Originally Posted by Necro View Post

NOT THIS...

Sounds to me like they wanted them equipped with the best stuff they could get their hands on. And have plenty of ammo to blast the opposition along with backup weapons. No shit they didn't mention auto or semi-auto rifles.

Der, dem people over dere with dem crawsbows ain't rite! They's posed to be usin spears, gaddamnit!
    Question for the pro-transgender, gender fluid, anyone can be whatever they want to be, people out there: Should a male be granted a combat license to enter a MMA fight to pummel females because he 'identifies' as a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by subzero View Post
    Sounds to me like they wanted them equipped with the best stuff they could get their hands on. And have plenty of ammo to blast the opposition along with backup weapons. No shit they didn't mention auto or semi-auto rifles.
    So you're also going to ignore that the reason for the second amendment was that the founding fathers didn't want to have a massive standing national army and thus planned on the US relying on militiamen for home defense, and how the fact that we do now have that standing army completely negates the entire reason that it was put in to begin with?

Blog Entries

So you're also going to ignore that the reason for the second amendment was that the founding fathers didn't want to have a massive standing national army and thus planned on the US relying on militiamen for home defense, and how the fact that we do now have that standing army completely negates the entire reason that it was put in to begin with?
    Are you going to ignore what the American Revolution was about? It was about us rebelling against a tyrannical government. The 2nd Amendment doesn't exist to protect the US from other nations, it exists to protect the people from the Government.