Page 68 of 213 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078118168 ... LastLast

Thread: Things that made you frown today (Political Version)

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    There are limits on every amendment. Instead of arguing glittering generalities, focus on what happened. The guy used a currently legal modification to spray automatic gunfire into a crowd, killing ~60 and causing hundreds more injuries.
    Nope, he still had to pull the trigger once per round. Still semi-automatic fire, a bump stock makes that trigger pulling faster but it does not make it automatic fire.
    I asked for neither your Opinion,
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3
    "It took 2000 mules to install one Jackass." Diamond and Silk Watch the Movie

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    Nope, he still had to pull the trigger once per round. Still semi-automatic fire, a bump stock makes that trigger pulling faster but it does not make it automatic fire.
    You don't pull the trigger with a bumpfire stock, you hold your finger stationary while the gun's recoil repeatedly bounces the trigger off your finger. The cyclic rate of fire is functionally automatic.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

You don't pull the trigger with a bumpfire stock, you hold your finger stationary while the gun's recoil repeatedly bounces the trigger off your finger. The cyclic rate of fire is functionally automatic.
    You still activate the trigger once per bullet and it is not the equal of automatic fire. It is close but not equal. Facts matter.
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." Dante Alighieri 3

What is the argument for keeping bump stocks legal? It's not like you would use them for hunting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ~Rocktar~ View Post
    You still activate the trigger once per bullet and it is not the equal of automatic fire. It is close but not equal. Facts matter.
    That's the extremely narrow definition of automatic that's in the books. Do you think automatic weapons are heavily regulated because of their feeding system or because of their rate of fire?

I've fired both autos and bumpfire, the rate of fire is similar enough to be identical, at least depending on the manufacturer.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    What is the argument for keeping bump stocks legal? It's not like you would use them for hunting.
    I don't think I've seen anyone make an argument for keeping bump stocks legal. I think even the NRA and Republicans in Congress have said they should be looked in to.

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    The Second Amendment doesn't have limitations and is not about hunting. The automatic weapons ban is a farce and is simply a step down the slope. Why should law abiding citizens be restricted from owning what they want?
    your Acceptance
    nor your Permission.

8. Default

There are limits on every amendment.
    I think you're confused here. We're talking about the United States Constitution.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Candor View Post
    I think you're confused here. We're talking about the United States Constitution.
    Do you... do you not realize the Bill of Rights are part of the Constitution?

10. Default