Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Na someone give me a rundown on 520?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milesalpha View Post
    Thank you, well there we go folks, I trust we all accept Whirlin's post so I'm going to let my probably never gonna happen referral go. I rather like my garbage (it's all about the look, a 1500 year old would just look silly in armor, I figure I have a body that should be kept hidden)so I'll be sticking with them after their testing in the bowels had such lovely results.
    Could always use an armor concealer that is altered to look like robes.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Could always use an armor concealer that is altered to look like robes.
    I'll be posting this one in a new auction tonight...A rich scarlet robe edged in thick gold cording - will hide soft leather, rigid leather, chain mail and plate mail armor which covers torso, arms and legs when it is worn, holds fairly small amount for several items

3. Default

Yep I could, but I have a vision of who my character is. An old, one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel, man. Too old and weak to carry much but his mind is sharp as a tack and the only thing left that is still working well (ok, it's me). Piling extra weight on him is something he/I would dislike (I also have a very bad back). It's just my little way of rping something, I have decided I won't be fighting in the big group battles far from the city because I hate walking. So I'll guard the town, or rather the porch steps while you young folk do all the heavy lifting. I will sit back and bitch about how you are doing.
    Then I'll holler at you to "get off my lawn." Just a half crazed old wizard, 19 years of imprisonment will do that to you, nothing to pay any attention to. Sort of a cross between Fizban and Rincewind.

Besides, these robes seem to be doing a helluva job of keeping me alive, even in the Bowels.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    I, I had them look into 520 in the last two months, with logs provided. All padding sources have the ability to he randomizes down to +5 padding, regardless of source. So if your hcp + 520 yields +20 crib padding, there's still a chance of of only getting +5 padding.

Furthmore, you're wearing robes, crit divisor 5, basically like wearing nothing at all. It's garbage.

Sorry for the delay, I've been in the hospital. Assume that was the reason for any spelling errors.
    I was under the assumption that crit divisor does not come into play on criticals resulting from a manuever attack. If that is the case, robes are probably fine as most of the time wizard don't get hit by AS attacks. Am I wrong?

Besides, these robes seem to be doing a helluva job of keeping me alive, even in the Bowels.
    I think armour is over rated if you're a pure, however robes in GSIV are very lacklustre compared to every other RPG out there and need to be looked at. I remember when people used to carry around quaterstaves from the weapon shop because sword/board were so out of place for a caster then runestaves were introduced which changed all of that, the same imagination need to be applied to robes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I think armour is over rated if you're a pure, however robes in GSIV are very lacklustre compared to every other RPG out there and need to be looked at. I remember when people used to carry around quaterstaves from the weapon shop because sword/board were so out of place for a caster then runestaves were introduced which changed all of that, the same imagination need to be applied to robes.
    But I think clerics should be in chain and use blunt weapons.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    But I think clerics should be in chain and use blunt weapons.
    That definately should be an option for them along with blunt and shield. If it were up to me I would do away with starting mana completley as it doesn't grow with stat increases like stamina, then have robes add mana equal to their ds enchant but it still contributes to the +50 mana cap from items.

edit- the robe change would have to be available to everyone in the same way the staff change was.
    Last edited by Winter; 07-19-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenser View Post
    I was under the assumption that crit divisor does not come into play on criticals resulting from a manuever attack. If that is the case, robes are probably fine as most of the time wizard don't get hit by AS attacks. Am I wrong?
    I am pretty sure crits from maneuver attacks are lessened by crit padding. I seem to handle worm burrows well with crit padded armor on stacked with 520. I also have slash protection added by Roblar. Any input on this would be appreciated.

9. Default

Funny, I can't remember a single wizard/sorc who used a quarterstaff. I personally went for brawling in those early years (hard on tps but kinda fun to have). I do remember bitching a ton about the lack of proper staffs, but hell we were all wearing heavy hide armor in those days, we've come a long way.

Funny, I can't remember a single wizard/sorc who used a quarterstaff.
    I used to use them the noun would change depending on what material it was made of, Ora quarterstaves were Ora rods for example.
    Last edited by Winter; 07-20-2017 at 09:15 AM.