Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Na someone give me a rundown on 520?

Blog Entries

Clerics have some token legacy costs to physical skills that reflect their D&D archetype.
    Last edited by Fallen; 07-20-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fallen View Post
    Clerics have some token legacy costs to physical skills that reflect their D&D archetype.
    They CAN viably use chain, but it is very frustrating at times. I had my cleric in chain.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I used to use them the noun would change depending on what material it was made of, Ora quarterstaves were Ora rods for example.
    wut
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Dazmar View Post
    I am pretty sure crits from maneuver attacks are lessened by crit padding. I seem to handle worm burrows well with crit padded armor on stacked with 520. I also have slash protection added by Roblar. Any input on this would be appreciated.
    I know crit padding helps maneuver attacks, but I'm also pretty sure that the crit division of your armor (i.e. 5 for robes, 6 for soft leather, etc) does NOT come into play on maneuver attacks. This is why warriors still get their ass handed to them on maneuvers once in awhile even though they are wearing full plate.

Tenser is right, afaik. Since your action penalty DOES play a role in maneuver attacks heavier armor can actually be a penalty (a double penalty in some cases vs things like lightning attacks being attracted to metal armor). This was not changed in SMRv2, either, but with more skills becoming a factor its a better representation.

6. Default

Well I carry on with my testing. I have been giving them a good go in the Bowels and have only picked up minors (though the damage from 5 or 6 minors) forces a retreat. I upped the threat scale to include Elders and Jarls today (I am 82) and very happy to say, 4 dead Jarls, several dead Elders and not a scratch. So the 10x part is definitely working.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by milesalpha View Post
    I have been giving them a good go in the Bowels and have only picked up minors

Crit padding will reduce critical damage regardless of the source. It's possible that there are a few exceptions to this general rule but I don't recall any specific examples. Also, as a general rule, a higher ASG armor will mitigate damage better than a lower one. Lower ASGs afford better avoidance but, once hit, less damage will be taken when wearing armor with a higher ASG.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Riltus View Post
    Crit padding will reduce critical damage regardless of the source. It's possible that there are a few exceptions to this general rule but I don't recall any specific examples. Also, as a general rule, a higher ASG armor will mitigate damage better than a lower one. Lower ASGs afford better avoidance but, once hit, less damage will be taken when wearing armor with a higher ASG.

Mark
    The question is not 'does crit padding reduce critical damage in all cases'. Yes, crit padding helps with both AS based attacks and maneuver attacks. The question is, does the critical divisor of the AsG of the armor come into play on maneuver attacks? We know it does on AS based attacks, but I believe it does not on maneuver attacks. And that is why robes aren't really so bad if your character does not get hit by AS attacks due to a large DS. However, robes do have a poor CvA (about 6 less than full leather), so there is another reason to not wear robes.

Basically, if you don't get hit by AS attacks and your TD is high enough to not get hit by CS attacks, then robes will work fine.