Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SIEGE: Titan Wars

1. Default

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    The one chest timer at a time really sucks.
    Yeah. It's weird too, it's the only game I've seen that is trying to discourage playing more. If you're full on chests and used your champions, little reason to play.

I could see a subscription to get 2, 3, or 4 chests at once. Static monthly purchases tend to scrape up those who won't spend on one time expenses. As lot of games I play people will buy monthly deals.

Blog Entries

Another problem is the magic cards, you get like 8 at a time. But you can only see 3 at a time and can't look at any others until you use one of your 3 cards.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ArchSenex View Post
    Yeah. It's weird too, it's the only game I've seen that is trying to discourage playing more. If you're full on chests and used your champions, little reason to play.

I could see a subscription to get 2, 3, or 4 chests at once. Static monthly purchases tend to scrape up those who won't spend on one time expenses. As lot of games I play people will buy monthly deals.
    Games with these types of models aren't really looking for the casual types. They want the people that have gambling issues and drop thousands in a month. I'm not knocking Simu here, all of these games have the same model.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Games with these types of models aren't really looking for the casual types. They want the people that have gambling issues and drop thousands in a month. I'm not knocking Simu here, all of these games have the same model.
    Its not just that, everything about this game is so ill conceived. It feels like a half made game that got rushed out. It feels like there should be more, but there isn't.

Most of these games encourage you to level up quickly at first and slow it down as you get more levels. This is the exact opposite. Its not like most other popular games of this type. Most offer more than just "duel a person" game mode.
    Last edited by drauz; 07-12-2017 at 06:17 AM.

Blog Entries

Its not just that, everything about this game is so ill conceived. It feels like a half made game that got rushed out. It feels like there should be more, but there isn't.

Most of these games encourage you to level up quickly at first and slow it down as you get more levels. This is the exact opposite. Its not like most other popular games of this type. Most offer more than just "duel a person" game mode.
    Is the game fully released or still considered beta?
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gelston View Post
    Is the game fully released or still considered beta?
    IDK how the play store works, but its available for DL everywhere.

Blog Entries

Another problem is the magic cards, you get like 8 at a time. But you can only see 3 at a time and can't look at any others until you use one of your 3 cards.
    This wouldn't be a problem if there were a way to discard your spells. Otherwise, I'd love to just set 5 to inactive sometimes... Gravity Well, Fireball, and Hero = Winning.

Also, last thoughts, I logged back in this morning, I was expecting each of my chests to auto-queue for unlocking so if I had 4 chests at 1 hour each... all would be available to open 4 hours later. But if I need to click each one every hour... just doesn't work out like stamina we see in other games.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    This wouldn't be a problem if there were a way to discard your spells. Otherwise, I'd love to just set 5 to inactive sometimes... Gravity Well, Fireball, and Hero = Winning.

Also, last thoughts, I logged back in this morning, I was expecting each of my chests to auto-queue for unlocking so if I had 4 chests at 1 hour each... all would be available to open 4 hours later. But if I need to click each one every hour... just doesn't work out like stamina we see in other games.
    Chests should be 15m, 1hr, 4hr. Variance for the quality of the chest.

And it kills my phone's battery.
    Last edited by drauz; 07-12-2017 at 09:09 AM.

9. Default

Chests should be 15m, 1hr, 4hr. Variance for the quality of the chest.

And it kills my phone's battery.
    I've only seen 1h, 4h, and 12h. I actually wish I could discard chests, when I get plugged up with 1h chests. I'd like to keep a 12h on hand for overnights, and mostly only open 4h's during the day.

As for the 3/8 cards mechanic, I don't mind it. It encourages you to learn applications for spells, and prevents people from just having 3 super spells. Also, several spells perform similar purposes. I've rarely felt too upset by the hand I had at the momeny. I also think it forces you to use every spell before getting to use it again.

Simutronics' unwillingness to devote resources to Gemstone already made me stop playing regularly long ago, I will not support another product while being fed the "they're volunteers" line over and over.