Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Duskruin Strategy?

1. Default Duskruin Strategy?

What is the strategy that most Empaths use in Duskruin?

Thanks
    My dad always told me not to argue with fools or drunks. And I don't smell alcohol on your breath.

Mostly just blast everything with 1115.

I always start off casting 106 and evoke 205 (darkness). The extra +50 DS makes a big difference.

I usually channel at everything open-handed and in offensive -- the extra +40 to the endroll makes it a lot more likely for me one-shot a creature. I can usually one-shot the first 10 or so creatures like that without using 240, though it doesn't always work on the champions.

After the first 5 or 10 I start keeping up 240 perpetually. By the time I get to round 15 or so, I start keeping 140 up so I can stay in offensive. Sometimes I pull out my runestaff for the the last five creatures. I can usually complete the arena in like 3:30-4:00 like that.

I'm pretty sure I can do a perfect run in guarded stance with a runestaff out as well, but it's a bit more mana intensive, as I have to keep 240 up the whole time. If I do it that way, I usually end up having to pop my muscles with sigil of power and then 1107. It's a bit slower that way.

Last time I did DR with my empath I kept 240 up and laughed as I 1115 everything to death.

I think golems or something are immune to 1115 and 1106 so in that case I just used call lightning. Took a bit longer to kill golems but overall the whole round went by fast.
    Last edited by Tgo01; 08-24-2017 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Koars Light View Post
    any thoughts on a pre 50 paladin its impossible about to quit this.
    I haven't done my paladin in arena but I imagine he would kick ass by doing his typical hunting style; keep zealot and crusade up, keep his GoS sigils up, open with cman feint and do about 100-200+ damage with every swing of his lance.

Of course I don't think a paladin would be anywhere near as fast as an empath running 240+1115 but I would imagine it works.

Enhancives for your weapon type. See if you can get some celerity consumables to use on the last 10/12 opponents. Every outside spell you can muster so you can use Zealot. If you're not trained for aiming your attacks, re-train so you can aim your attacks.

DR is an investment. People shouldn't expect to walk in, self-spelled, with no consumables / enhancives, and just dominate everything in sight. You invest, and you are rewarded for doing so.
    Last edited by Maerit; 08-24-2017 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post
    Enhancives for your weapon type. See if you can get some celerity consumables to use on the last 10/12 opponents. Every outside spell you can muster so you can use Zealot. If you're not trained for aiming your attacks, re-train so you can aim your attacks.

DR is an investment. People shouldn't expect to walk in, self-spelled, with no consumables / enhancives, and just dominate everything in sight. You invest, and you are rewarded for doing so.
    Unless you're a Sorc, then you just come 'invested' already. One of the shittiest aspects of DR is it's blatant class bias, have you seen how shitty rangers do in this thing.. it's fucking comical. Fine, you want to make money I get that. But at least you can fucking balance the events so everyone feels like participating.

Quote Originally Posted by Maerit View Post

Not sure I agree with this, and not that I value Kobold's opinion whatsoever, but sorcerers do have this in hand. I have an 82 Paladin, and can only perfect run if I'm lucky. Meanwhile, I see sorcs regularly breeze through it in mere seconds.

Didn't even realize this was an empath thread until after I posed this. Post in paladin!

It's not impossible. It's just luck based. Also, the only way to do it as a paladin that I'm aware of is using ambush. If you're not trained in ambush, then I'd say it's impossible to perfect run this. My paladin has been doing DR since his ~50s. Here's the strat:

Full offensive
    Zealot at the start
    Keep all signs/sigils/symbols running
    Make sure 1615 is infused in your weapon
    Ambush head on everything except champions. If you can't aim head, then knock them down and then aim head/neck
    For champions: beseech weapon, mstrike
    Refresh Zealot somewhere towards the end

if you don't kill around 3-5 critters in one shot aside from the champions, you didn't make the timer. Crabs are the biggest PITA because sometimes, for some reason, max ambush can still miss. If you get knocked down or miss a trap, you more than likely didn't make it. You can throw in 1618 somewhere in there if you want, but watch your mana usage if you run symbols.
    Last edited by Erous; 08-25-2017 at 08:34 AM.

I haven't played my level 68 sorc in literally a decade, I started perfect running after 1 death in the arena (and that was because I fucked up my key bindings). I still haven't gotten a single perfect on my ranger after 70 runs.

Everyone knows offense is king, but Wyrom really needs to think about balancing for class and level, perhaps tailor each enemy based on what class is fighting.

Sorcerers are only strong in the arena when they are high enough level to have enough mana for all the opponents. A level 10 warmage can wreck the arena.