Thread: Need a little help with Ubuntu 14.04 + Lich

Default Need a little help with Ubuntu 14.04 + Lich

Did a new install of Trusty Tahr, and in the process of following the setup directions on lichproject.org this came up. Anyone suggest what to do? I'm not the most fluent with Linux based OS's yet...

Thanks in advance

Code:
    Fetching: sqlite3-1.3.13.gem (100%)
    Building native extensions.  This could take a while...
    Successfully installed sqlite3-1.3.13
    Fetching: pkg-config-1.2.3.gem (100%)
    Successfully installed pkg-config-1.2.3
    Fetching: native-package-installer-1.0.4.gem (100%)
    Successfully installed native-package-installer-1.0.4
    Fetching: glib2-3.1.6.gem (100%)
    ERROR:  Error installing gtk2:
    	glib2 requires Ruby version >= 2.1.0.
    1 gem installed
    Quote Originally Posted by radamanthys View Post
    Achievement: Double Pounder With Cheese
    By the time you're done with her, her lady parts should look like ground hamburger coated with ranch dressing. Pound hard until achievement complete.

2. Default

It's been a bit since you posted, so I'm not sure if the answer is still required but perhaps this will help someone in the future?

I added a PPA that installed Ruby 2.1 and have logged 25+ hours using Wine and Stormfront along with Lich and have only had the usual memory leaks with StormFront. I have not had a script fail as of yet or throw an error.

I did this using a VM. Don't use RVM or any other version management system as I had difficulties and screwed up some paths with the gem installs, but I'm not really a ruby guru by any stretch of the imagination.

Here is the PPA I added:
    https://launchpad.net/~brightbox/+ar...ubuntu/ruby-ng

then get ruby 2.1 in the normal fashion sudo apt-get install ruby2.1 <- no spaces between ruby and 2.1

The PPA you added above at launchpad.net will pull that specific version of Ruby.

I have zero idea how secure this is, but I am unsure if ruby 2.1 is even updated with security updates to be honest. I know 2.0 is not for a fact getting security updates, but I do not use ruby for very many things so I cannot say how that will affect you. (By very many things, I mean nothing other than Lich for 4 years of using Linux as my only OS, Lich is still the only thing I use that requires Ruby to be installed so I don't know much about it). I really need to take the time to beg on the Mudlet forums for help logging into GS on the client or configure ProfanityFE to get rid of StormFront's memory leaks.

I believe I may have had to get the 3.0.8 or 3.0.9 version of gtk2. (My apologies, but I did this a week ago with the intent to post explicit instructions and accidentally deleted my instructions and now have forgotten some of the specifics) Try the default gem install gtk2 first and if that does not work, try a specific version. gem install gtk2 -v 3.0.9 or -v 3.0.8, whichever works.

If you're still doing this and encounter errors, feel free to respond and I'll try and respond in a timely fashion (no promises however).