Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: An Ominous Web Blankets the Sky!

Quote Originally Posted by Archigeek View Post
    Which mountain? Aenatumgana? Non-lich users would like to know.
    Assuming you still have a Tsoran Map, it's the dead end room right under the word Aenatumgana, right to the right of the Lesser Ice Elemental (53) listing.

I guess I missed it because I always took the west steps to keep heading up, and assumed it would be at the highest point, before the crown.

Anyway, it is before the slopes - take the east steps.

Blog Entries

Meteor ded.

Anyone mind posting a transcript? From IMT all I saw was 'The meteor is destroyed. Bits of broken glaes fall to the earth'.
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    Meteor ded.

Anyone mind posting a transcript? From IMT all I saw was 'The meteor is destroyed. Bits of broken glaes fall to the earth'.
    On one hand i'm glad the damaging of it wasn't completely arbitrary and based on real numbers (i assume), on another i'm bummed I missed it. I imagine many aren't in-game at 11 AM on a Tuesday.
    Last edited by Fallen; 07-25-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

This morning around 10:45 EST, we broke into the meteor. Inside was a spinning crystal core, an ancient being that attacked us and we slew, and a number of broken spider charms. We shattered the core and a forlorn spirit appeared. He spoke the name "Fraen Wasstont" and said he'd been there for over 10,000 years. He also said that the spider charms were originally from the meteor, and that the meteor was from Elanthia but not from our time. He begged for release and Heartfire (rather precipitously) killed him. The meteor then broke apart and we all fell to earth. The spidersilk web then tore apart and disappeared from the sky.

A bit of research reveals that Fraen Wasstont was the author of "The Journey Home," and that title was inscribed inside the meteor. A fragment of that poem was written on the glaes spider charms.

Here's what the old charms looked like:

The charm is crafted of flawless glaes formed into a circle. Delicate strands of spidersilk wind around the deep azure rim, creating a small but spectacular web within the frame. At the center of the web is a tiny smoke grey spider.

Along the rim, a few words have been engraved.
    >read charm
    Along the edge of the circle, a few words have been engraved...

"Many paths lead home for those of courage."
    >turn charm
    You turn a deep azure glaes spider charm over.
    >l charm

The charm is crafted of flawless deep azure glaes, formed into a circle. A piece of parchment slipped under the rim of the charm is visible beneath the clear crystal back.

On the parchment, some words have been penned in an elegant, barely-visible hand.
    >read charm
    Tiny, exquisitely-formed letters fade into view on the parchment back of your glaes spider charm...

"Follow me," said the spider to the unenlightened sprite,
    "To lands of bold adventure, of darkness and of light.
    Join me in my web," she urged, "We'll be so happy there.
    Your fantasies await you, there in my dreaming lair."

As you read, the verse fades into invisibility once again...
    >read charm
    Tiny, exquisitely-formed letters fade into view on the parchment back of your glaes spider charm...

"Though quaking with uncertainty the sprite did as she bade
    - Following the fragile path of silver thread she made.
    Until at last he turned along the final twisting strand
    To find he'd journeyed far to reach his own beloved land.

- from "The Journey Home"
    by Fraen Wasstont
    Early Fourth Age

As you finish reading, the poem fades into invisibility once again.
    My current items for sale or trade: Treasures in the Brambles.

Quote Originally Posted by BriarFox View Post
    This morning around 10:45 EST, we broke into the meteor. Inside was a spinning crystal core, an ancient being that attacked us and we slew, and a number of broken spider charms. We shattered the core and a forlorn spirit appeared. He spoke the name "Fraen Wasstont" and said he'd been there for over 10,000 years. He also said that the spider charms were originally from the meteor, and that the meteor was from Elanthia but not from our time. He begged for release and Heartfire (rather precipitously) killed him. The meteor then broke apart and we all fell to earth. The spidersilk web then tore apart and disappeared from the sky.

A bit of research reveals that Fraen Wasstont was the author of "The Journey Home," and that title was inscribed inside the meteor. A fragment of that poem was written on the glaes spider charms.

Here's what the old charms looked like:

The charm is crafted of flawless glaes formed into a circle. Delicate strands of spidersilk wind around the deep azure rim, creating a small but spectacular web within the frame. At the center of the web is a tiny smoke grey spider.

Along the rim, a few words have been engraved.
    >read charm
    Along the edge of the circle, a few words have been engraved...

"Many paths lead home for those of courage."
    >turn charm
    You turn a deep azure glaes spider charm over.
    >l charm

The charm is crafted of flawless deep azure glaes, formed into a circle. A piece of parchment slipped under the rim of the charm is visible beneath the clear crystal back.

On the parchment, some words have been penned in an elegant, barely-visible hand.
    >read charm

"Follow me," said the spider to the unenlightened sprite,
    "To lands of bold adventure, of darkness and of light.
    Join me in my web," she urged, "We'll be so happy there.
    Your fantasies await you, there in my dreaming lair."

As you read, the verse fades into invisibility once again...
    >read charm

"Though quaking with uncertainty the sprite did as she bade
    - Following the fragile path of silver thread she made.
    Until at last he turned along the final twisting strand
    To find he'd journeyed far to reach his own beloved land.

- from "The Journey Home"
    by Fraen Wasstont
    Early Fourth Age

As you finish reading, the poem fades into invisibility once again.
    Don't Go!!!

Fraen spelled backwards without the A spells "nerf".

Meteor Swarm nerfs confirmed.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Fraen spelled backwards without the A spells "nerf".

Meteor Swarm nerfs confirmed.
    Is this whole meteor thing a prelude to them fixing Meteor Swarm and actually making it usable? Because that would be pretty darn clever.

9. Default

A final fragment of the glaes-covered meteor slams into Elanthia somewhere to the north

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Is this whole meteor thing a prelude to them fixing Meteor Swarm and actually making it usable? Because that would be pretty darn clever.
    There's already an updated spell that works for 525 on the test server... Not sure if it's been pushed to players' ability to cast it.

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.