Thread: EbonGate 2017

Default EbonGate 2017

Do we have an official date for this yet. Trying to plan a vacation around October / November. Am assuming it will start 23 October to straddle halloween.
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda accepts Aneris's embalmed puppy.
    Valinda blinks.
    Valinda frowns at an embalmed puppy.
    Aneris accepts Valinda's puppy pelt pantaloons.
    Speaking to Valinda, Aneris says, "Thanks again.... I'll be back with more dead puppies if I happen tah find yah around."
    Valinda says, "Nooo."
    Valinda exclaims, "Ive filled my dead puppy quota, sorry!"

Quote Originally Posted by bremerial View Post
    Do we have an official date for this yet. Trying to plan a vacation around October / November. Am assuming it will start 23 October to straddle halloween.
    "All of October"

-Wyrom

It's also free this year.

Um, not quiet.

While he said aspects of the event and preceding storyline will take up most of the month, the merchant week is still 1 week. He did not say exactly when yet but I'd assume the last week of October (Plat's week will be the week before).

While the grounds will, like Duskruin, be free for any to travel to, shop/games/digging areas will not be open without purchasing passes from the Simustore which I assume add up for full festival access to the previous Box Office cost of an EG ticket. So total price should remain roughly the same but someone wishing to pay less can purchase piecemeal aspects of the festival like shop/merchants but not games/digging. Also the storyline and quest leading for us to access the area is open to all.

These are Alastir's posted notes on the EG discussion:

Ebon Gate:

Moving to a new area.
    We created a lich through the necropolis.
    New story
    New area – Caligos Island
    Will travel via boat(quest transport)
    Everyone will be able to go and enjoy it, but there will be different ticket options.
    New “Stuff” – Deep sea diving - New type of game
    Digging! (On a beach)
    No unlimited digging - You’ll need to buy entries similiar to duskruin entries.
    GM Haliste will talk about it more
    Dates for EG? – “All of October” w/ a Merchant Week.
    Quest to get to the island, everyone can participate.
    “Shop Pass” - to enter a shop (Probably around $10)
    Games will have an additional cost.
    “Seashells” as tickets - Will be able to buy things for silver
    New lesser spirit Arkati
    New quest item you can build up over years
    Carousel plans are in discussion (Key to the Midway is not at the new venue)
    Last edited by Roblar; 08-06-2017 at 11:24 AM.

Excellent
    Thanks for the responses
    I simply want to charge my carousel and do some minor shopping, so will book my vacation now I think.
    Appreciated
    Bremerial God'thor

Valinda accepts Aneris's embalmed puppy.
    Valinda blinks.
    Valinda frowns at an embalmed puppy.
    Aneris accepts Valinda's puppy pelt pantaloons.
    Speaking to Valinda, Aneris says, "Thanks again.... I'll be back with more dead puppies if I happen tah find yah around."
    Valinda says, "Nooo."
    Valinda exclaims, "Ive filled my dead puppy quota, sorry!"

Quote Originally Posted by Roblar View Post
    Um, not quiet.

While he said aspects of the event and preceding storyline will take up most of the month, the merchant week is still 1 week. He did not say exactly when yet but I'd assume the last week of October (Plat's week will be the week before).

While the grounds will, like Duskruin, be free for any to travel to, shop/games/digging areas will not be open without purchasing passes from the Simustore which I assume add up for full festival access to the previous Box Office cost of an EG ticket. So total price should remain roughly the same but someone wishing to pay less can purchase piecemeal aspects of the festival like shop/merchants but not games/digging. Also the storyline and quest leading for us to access the area is open to all.

These are Alastir's posted notes on the EG discussion:
    Nice. Thanks Alastir for giving us a compiled TLDR version.

BTW, I think the Island theme is genius. Didn't expect it. Haunted Island with perhaps a ghost ship (that sails around said Island) is super cool. I'm glad there are still a few creative people left on the dev team.

Quote Originally Posted by bremerial View Post
    Excellent
    Thanks for the responses
    I simply want to charge my carousel and do some minor shopping, so will book my vacation now I think.
    Appreciated
    Book it!

But, just wanted to mention any recharging of carousel is not yet known or approved. But I assume it will be, in some way. Easing of transportation in game has been a thang of late.

Or just bring/buy a cheapo laptop (saw one for 100 bucks) on amazon... unless of course if you're going somewhere without wifi, so like places I don't want to be.