Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time to say Goodbye?

1. Unhappy Time to say Goodbye?

So I returned back in Dec of 2016 to play GS. I reactivated my old accounts, watched new characters grow. The game was the one thing I allowed myself to have in my real life, the one thing I could look forward to always. I've met some great people, not as many friends as I'd like. I suppose I keep to myself more often than not. Sometimes it's hard to separate feelings I myself have and what my characters might be feeling. Does anyone else have a reality that just sucks so incredibly bad, their escape from life is to hop into GS and turn into someone else? A piece of me still goes in there though... things like my PTSD I can't separate out. In my personal life I don't really have anybody. Just my parents, so relationship and friendships in the game I use to fill this huge gaping hole in my life. On the other hand, it makes it hard at times for me to separate out roleplaying and reality. Since I'm living THROUGH my character, what I feel, she feels and vice versa. One could argue how healthy that is, but I can tell you right now... when you get your heart broken, it hurts in game and out. So I've decided to cancel my subscriptions... although I have no idea whatsoever what I'm going to do to fill my time. I don't work, my life consists almost entirely of doctor's appointments. I wonder what I'm going to do to keep doing, what to focus on to keep going on. I have constant chronic pain and my distraction from feeling it is to be absorbed into the games. So maybe I'll step away for awhile, see how things go. Maybe I've come to depend on it too much or maybe it's what is keeping me sane. I guess I'll find out. So if anyone sees this... you won't be seeing Authriea, Arakkine, Lornieh, Qwentara, Stiana, Ilenia, Chinturia, Juillea and a slew of other characters that I possess.... around anymore.... at least for a little bit.

Why you leaving? Do I need to kick someone's ass?

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like you have given yourself an opportunity for growth and learning. Its exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by cwolff View Post
    Thanks for sharing this. It sounds like you have given yourself an opportunity for growth and learning. Its exciting.
    +1

Blog Entries

Time apart to gain perspective should do you well. Feel better.
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

It can be very hard to separate how you feel and your characters feel sometimes. We put so much time, heart and soul into our RP that it's almost impossible not to let some of that spill over into your real life. In a perfect world, the person you RP with becomes a great friend and respects both you and your character enough to consider all sides before making character-changing decisions. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case and you can be left wondering what to do both IC and OOC. That being said, if you're feeling this strongly towards the situation the best medicine is most likely time away. I can't speak for your real life situation, nor what you may be going through... but there must be other options out there for you, healthier ones both mentally and physically.

I really wish you the best, and hope you find something that makes you happy.
    You slap Walkar's cheek, hard.
    He continues, "I've decided that I'm not going to let you serve community service, so don't get your hopes up. To this aim, you may either pay the fine of 50000000 silvers plus any other outstanding debts you may owe, or serve a total of 120 minutes of incarceration. You may ANSWER me either FINE or INCARCERATION as your choice. But I digress. Choose quickly, now, lest I hold you in contempt of court for wasting my time."

I have to say, that one of the more difficult areas on the other side of the fence is how multiple characters are taken into account. You list several characters in your goodbye note. I've run into this situation before, on 3 separate occasions. The first is that I was stalked by the other party's "alts" or alternate characters. Spied on, watched, then berated following questionable activity by the individual's alt. The 2nd, an individual's alt took a liking to me, but due to their main's relationship and the OOC agreement and discussions they had about alts, made it unlikely that the alt and me would ever move forward. The 3rd, was that the individual had multiple alts that had multiple relationships going on simultaneously, that were shared with other partners, causing other partners to follow, get jealous, stalk, etc.

What I'm trying to say is, you have to look at the other side as well and your "alts" lifestyles. If you are crossing alt boundaries, then you're not keeping in IC whatsoever. I also can't imagine what type of mindset, nor time someone could have to run and maintain multiple relationships at the same time. It's just not fair to the other party. It's also not fair that the individual be expected to remain loyal to to multiple characters in an IC sense.

Multiple characters and their involvement in the relationship is really the downfall in many relationships IG. Hence why monogamy is the staple lifestyle when it comes to IRL.

Jesus fucking Christ.. you people do realize GS is a game.. right?
    PC RETARD HALL OF FAME

Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Besides, Republicans also block abstinence and contraceptives anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran-the Current Retard Champion View Post
    Regulating firearms to keep them out of the hands of criminals, the unhinged, etc. meets the first test of the 2nd amendment, 'well-regulated'.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAFT View Post
    You show me a video of me typing that and Ill admit it. (This was the excuse he came up with when he was called out for a really stupid post)
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    3 million more popular votes. I'd say the numbers speak for themselves. Gerrymandering won for Trump.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Erous View Post
    I have to say, that one of the more difficult areas on the other side of the fence is how multiple characters are taken into account. You list several characters in your goodbye note. I've run into this situation before, on 3 separate occasions. The first is that I was stalked by the other party's "alts" or alternate characters. Spied on, watched, then berated following questionable activity by the individual's alt. The 2nd, an individual's alt took a liking to me, but due to their main's relationship and the OOC agreement and discussions they had about alts, made it unlikely that the alt and me would ever move forward. The 3rd, was that the individual had multiple alts that had multiple relationships going on simultaneously, that were shared with other partners, causing other partners to follow, get jealous, stalk, etc.

What I'm trying to say is, you have to look at the other side as well and your "alts" lifestyles. If you are crossing alt boundaries, then you're not keeping in IC whatsoever. I also can't imagine what type of mindset, nor time someone could have to run and maintain multiple relationships at the same time. It's just not fair to the other party. It's also not fair that the individual be expected to remain loyal to to multiple characters in an IC sense.

Multiple characters and their involvement in the relationship is really the downfall in many relationships IG. Hence why monogamy is the staple lifestyle when it comes to IRL.
    +1

I give 0 fucks about people like this. They are toxic.

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane. ~ Marcus Aurelius
    “It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

“The urge to shout filthy words at the top of his voice was as strong as ever.”
    ― George Orwell, 1984

Quote Originally Posted by Parkbandit View Post
    Jesus fucking Christ.. you people do realize GS is a game.. right?
    Well yeah, but some don't. Some consider this greater than their IRL and sacrifice time away from RL taking it further than it should. I mean hell, if you saw Wyrom's post about GMs going through shit just for an alteration. I had someone whisper me telling me I overestimate my value and that they were above me. They did this in OOC, during an event...I mean WTF? I get the blurring of the lines thing, finding it difficult to separate the 2 in some circumstances, but really, it is what it is: a game.
    Last edited by Erous; 06-15-2017 at 11:01 AM.