Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lich & Third Party Client - Problem with Game Output?

If you use ;bestiary and search for a level range or monster there, it will tell you the name of the area the monster resides. And then you can use ;go2 or ;narost to get there.

2. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Khariz View Post
    If you use ;bestiary and search for a level range or monster there, it will tell you the name of the area the monster resides. And then you can use ;go2 or ;narost to get there.
    Alright - I see the output for ;bestiary is something like this:
    (25) Krolvin warfarer [Living, Corporeal]
    Link: https://gswiki.play.net/mediawiki/in...olvin_warfarer
    Areas: Abandoned Mine, Sea Caves, Krolvin Ship, Old Mine Road

But there is no real list of room numbers for these places.

Does ';go2 Abandoned Mine' work? (I really can't try right now due to my Lich test character being weighed down with junk ATM. Heh.)

Yes ;go2 is very flexible. You can use it to go to any word in any room including the title of the room

4. Default

This is going to be so useful to me once I figure out how to strip all this junk output.

There is a replace function in VIP MUD I am trying to leverage, though it seems to have issues with quotation marks showing up in the search string. Bah.

5. Default

Just in case there happens to be another blind player further down the line that may need this.

These triggers clean up the stuff around the ;lnet channel chatter:
    #trigger {*pushStream id="thoughts"*} {
    #var output %0;
    #gagline;
    #var posEnd {%pos("/>", @output)};
    #say {%delete(@output, 1, @posEnd)}
    }

#trigger {*<popStream/>} {#gagline}

Nearly got the thing for cleaning up the <a exists ... etc. stuff, too.

6. Default

Because it'd be nice to have use of go2 for the upcoming EG - anyone have any ideas for a script that could strip this garbage XML output in a downstream hook that Tillman was talking about? Preferably without messing up ;go2.

I'm going to see about doing some more squelching work on my end tonight, but VIP MUD's scripting language only goes so far.

I am pretty sure there is at least one other vision impaired player because I was helping them a while back giving directions to all the forges in the lands, mind you I did not recommend forging, because it is a life sucking task from which there is no escape, but I still told them where they were, I will go back and see if I can find out who it was.

And kudos to you for your innovation and Tillmens aptitude and willingness to help us all out with all he does.