Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Midsummer Night's Festival 4

Not really worthy of a map. Its basically two rings on top of each other, upper and lower level:

https://gswiki.play.net/A_Midsummer_..._Festival_2017

Directions to the entrance please (no lich).

Absolutely loving this event. It's got a distinct feel of Briarmoon Cove to it. Very little in the way of mechanical benefits (which is causing some audible grumbling from folks who are anxious for Duskruin to return), but tons of really fun things and merchants working (primarily on those things).

So far we've gotten:
    Two tattoos
    Two altered cameos (which are SO much cooler than I would have thought)
    Altered Cameo holder
    Script removal on a case to make it function with my Skull Ring
    Two fully altered dolls (which are hysterical... Dubrin did a masterful job with them)
    Two fully altered doll clothing sets (see above)
    Altered gem cutter pattern
    Two sets of unlocks each for the morphing jewelry
    Plenty of fun, scripted, off the shelf stuff.

There's plenty of shops whose proprieters have indicated on their signs (or notes, or what have you) that they will be around at some point for unlocking/altering, and we're very much hoping to catch those when they come around. Very gratifying event to this point.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Blog Entries

What was your design for the altered gem cutter pattern?
    Vote for Gemstone Once a Day at The Mud Connection & Top Mud Sites

I desperately wanted a polar bear, but it had to fit into the 15/15/15 format, and was one (!@#@$!@-ing) letter too long.

So ended up with: A bear-incised blued steel pattern. Makes bear gems. Wasn't until well after the fact that I came up with a much better idea, which is why I'm hoping I'll get another crack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    Wasn't until well after the fact that I came up with a much better idea, which is why I'm hoping I'll get another crack at it.
    This is why it's a good idea to spend some time coming up with alterations before and in between festivals and keep a word document with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Viekn View Post
    This is why it's a good idea to spend some time coming up with alterations before and in between festivals and keep a word document with them.
    I have one. I wasn't aware until the GM told us that the preceding article "A", with its followup space, would count against me, so I was left flailing. I was pretty confident that a 'polar bear-cut blued steel pattern' fit perfectly. Which is entirely my own fault, but I do my best to be fully prepared for these things, as I know how frustrating it can be when a GM gets 'stuck' on a person getting work done. That's also why I so quickly capitulated to the one that I ended up with.

8. Default

I have one. I wasn't aware until the GM told us that the preceding article "A", with its followup space, would count against me, so I was left flailing. I was pretty confident that a 'polar bear-cut blued steel pattern' fit perfectly. Which is entirely my own fault, but I do my best to be fully prepared for these things, as I know how frustrating it can be when a GM gets 'stuck' on a person getting work done. That's also why I so quickly capitulated to the one that I ended up with.
    I was going to get a claidhmore pattern but it was too long as well.

Absolutely loving this event. It's got a distinct feel of Briarmoon Cove to it. Very little in the way of mechanical benefits (which is causing some audible grumbling from folks who are anxious for Duskruin to return), but tons of really fun things and merchants working (primarily on those things).

So far we've gotten:
    Two tattoos
    Two altered cameos (which are SO much cooler than I would have thought)
    Altered Cameo holder
    Script removal on a case to make it function with my Skull Ring
    Two fully altered dolls (which are hysterical... Dubrin did a masterful job with them)
    Two fully altered doll clothing sets (see above)
    Altered gem cutter pattern
    Two sets of unlocks each for the morphing jewelry
    Plenty of fun, scripted, off the shelf stuff.

There's plenty of shops whose proprieters have indicated on their signs (or notes, or what have you) that they will be around at some point for unlocking/altering, and we're very much hoping to catch those when they come around. Very gratifying event to this point.
    Reading this made me chuckle. This is the same reason I have hated this festival. I'm really happy that people are having a good time though. I'm just such a mechanically minded and oriented player, that I can't bring myself to care about all this stuff. A tattoo might be about the only thing in that list that I could have brought myself to be invovled in. Maybe some GALD (particularly the LD part).

Please note: I'm not complaining at all. This festival is exactly what it was supposed to be, and what I expected it to be. MANY players are interested in this kind of stuff, and I am glad for them. They are probably happy that people like me exist too, so that I don't fill up their lines waiting for services that I'm not interested in.

It would have been nice to get the rules in advance before the fest started, rather than sit there for 30 minutes waiting for the spin, then having all the rules done via whisper to those selected.
    PB: One day you'll need this number: 988.