Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A Midsummer Night's Festival 4

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A Midsummer Night's Festival 4

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlee
    It's that time again! The beloved woodland sprites will be returning once more to let us enjoy their shops and shenanigans high above the scenic jungle. The Midsummer Night's Festival will begin July 14 and continue until the 21st. The exact times will be announced once we are closer to to the actual opening date.

Over the next two weeks we'll be giving you a few teasers as to what you will find at the festival. We will, however, leave a majority of the teasers relating to the actual shops and merchandise up to the GMs releasing the shops. And there will be shops. Lots, and lots of shops. Over two dozen shops. A majority of the items that you will find at the festival are non-combat related, yet still useful.

Will there be raffles? Yes, there will be raffles! We have some really neat things we think will appeal to a wide audience.

Will there be merchants? Yes! Sprites and other merchants will be around, so get some ideas ready, just in case you happen upon the elusive GALD session!

We look forward to seeing you there (and potentially feeding you to the plant)!

~~GM Kynlee~~
    Elanthian Architect
    Breaker of Things
    GS4-Kynlee@play.net
    3/50
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1237

Quote Originally Posted by Kynlee
    Ok, let's get this started! Thimbel's Threadworks will be making an appearance. If you're not familiar with this establishment, it's what is commonly known as a 'sweat shop.'

~~GM Kynlee~~
    Elanthian Architect
    Breaker of Things
    GS4-Kynlee@play.net
    3/50
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1238

Quote Originally Posted by Mazreth
    Master doll maker Dubrin has decided to pull up stakes and leave Feywrot Mire. He has found his way to Mist Harbor and will be opening his shop, Small Stuff, as part of the upcoming festival. He offers fully customized dolls and accessories.

EXAMPLE:

You tap a Mazreth doll, which is in your right hand.

>look doll

You are holding a male GameMaster doll. He has balding golden brown hair. He has tired ale-brown eyes and olive skin. He has a pair of white-feathered wings protruding from his back and raised threateningly above his head. He is holding a tiny red Solo cup. He is wearing a small torn homework satchel, a tiny eahnor wyvern badge, a colored stars tattoo on his arm, a tiny shimmering crimson aqilorn shirt, a tiny, shiny gold Planeteer ring emblazoned with a tiny white wind symbol, some tiny stylish trousers and some elastic bands holding his shoes on.

OOC NOTES:
    These dolls are super customizable. If you don't see the accessory you want, Dubrin can change it up for you. (alterable) Cases will also be available to hold all your accessories and dolls without further encumbering you. THESE DOLLS AND THEIR ACCESSORIES ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DOLLS OBTAINED FROM DELIRIUM MANOR.

~Mazreth
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1245

Quote Originally Posted by Elidi
    Tired of all that loose paper lying around?

G>glance
    You glance down to see a pink-tinged birdseye maple stationery box in your right hand and a piece of paper in your left hand.
    G>push my box
    As you push a small button on the side of your stationery box, a discreet drawer in the bottom of the box slides open. You carefully place a piece of paper inside, taking care not to crease it. The drawer slides smoothly shut again with the slightest touch.
    G>ponder
    You ponder.
    G>get paper
    You pick up a piece of paper.
    G>push my box
    As you push a small button on the side of your stationery box, a discreet drawer in the bottom of the box slides open. You carefully place a piece of paper inside, taking care not to crease it. The drawer slides smoothly shut again with the slightest touch.
    G>look my box
    There are 2 sheets of paper inside the stationery box.

Boxes will hold 10 sheets of loose paper off the shelf, and can be worked on to hold more. Visit 'Now Is The Write Time' during the festival for all of your stationery needs.

~Elidi~
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1254

Quote Originally Posted by Elidi
    The sheets do have to be blank. The boxes bundle paper and have room to store your quills, signets, wax, envelopes and ink.

~Elidi~
    Last edited by Alastir; 07-07-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Naionna
    Yay for teasers! I will be around to make the slippers and belt work a bit better as well. Head over to "Sew Lovely" to find these items!

You put a silk-banded narrow grey hat on your head.
    You run your hand along your hat.
    You bow slightly and tip your hat.
    You bow deeply and remove your hat with a flourish.

You reach down and place a pair of high-heeled charcoal slippers with open toes on your feet, lacing them up.
    You do a quick double step and kick up your heels.
    You do a fancy little tap dance.
    You reach down and unlace a pair of high-heeled charcoal slippers with open toes on your feet and remove them.

You put a slender twisted ivory silk belt around your waist.
    You tighten your ivory silk belt.
    You rest your hands on your hips.
    You adjust the fit of your ivory silk belt.
    You twist the ivory silk belt around your waist.

~Naionna
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1263

Quote Originally Posted by Jainna
    Daxela will be returning with her shop of gems. There is nothing new in the shop this year as I've been "asleep" for a few months. However, she will be working on her jewelry boxes in various ways, so if you own one, you'll want to watch for her (or any suspicious things that may fall from the sky).

Additionally, this will likely be the ONLY event offering jewelry boxes services in 2017.

~Just Jainna
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1264

Quote Originally Posted by Zoelle
    Gems in piles, gems in bags, gems you found on shriveled old hags. How can I sort them, or keep them all straight? If I had a way to cut them, that would be great!

Welcome to Cutters Tent, where we aim to handle your gem sorting needs. Need to cut some fresh gems? We've got gem cutters. Need to cut gems differently? We've got lots of patterns for your cutters. Want a special design for your pattern? We can do that too.

Opening soon on an Isle near you!

OOC NOTE:
    I have permission to alter both cutters and patterns for this festival only. I will be offering a few sessions dedicated specifically to this service. I hold final say on pattern designs so "No" means "No".

~Zoelle~
    http://forums.play.net/forums/GemSto...ival/view/1276

8. Default

Damn, I thought they'd never alter gemcutter patterns.

I think it's funny that people are excited about this.

Is there a current map of the festival and listing of all shops and items available?