Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Argent Aspis' 22nd Annual Bardfest

Default Argent Aspis' 22nd Annual Bardfest

This July, the House of the Argent Aspis will be hosting the 22nd Annual Bardfest!

Aspis' longstanding annual celebration of Elanthian culture and creativity will run from July 10th through 12th, and conclude with the finals on July 20th. In a change from previous years, Finals night has been pushed out to the following Thursday, instead of Monday, to give finalists more time to work on their original performances. The tight time-frame to write a new performance has been something past performers have expressed trepidation about so we're trying this out this year in hopes that the extra few days help

All aspiring performers are encouraged to pre-register to ensure that you get a coveted performance slot in Elanthia’s oldest festival. Please register here: https://goo.gl/tGq51W

Everyone is a bard at heart - Share your performance art at Bardfest this year!

Our Grand Prize will be 10 million silvers, and the winner's name will be inscribed for all time on the Bardfest Trophy on display in the Wehnimer's Landing museum, alongside all our illustrious and talented past winners.

Runners-up will receive comparable sums, and all attendees are ensured several evenings of the best entertainment Elanthia has to offer!

See our Bardfest Rules for details on how performances are judged. If you have any questions about Bardfest, the rules, or anything else, please do not hesitate to post here or seek out an Aspis officer.

Please also look out for our Roar into Bardfest events which we’ll be announcing shortly!

-Seomanthe Bartley-Olberath
    Argent Scribe

~ 22nd Annual House of the Argent Aspis Bardfest ~
    ~ Grand Prize - 10 million silver ~
    ~ 7/10 - 7/12 - Finals 7/20 ~
    ~ Bardfest is not limited to bards! Come share your art! ~
    ~ Register Here: https://goo.gl/tGq51W ~

Roar into Bardfest 2017 Schedule

Date: 6/10/17
    Time: 10:30pm

Date: 6/15/17

Date: 6/24/17

Date: 6/30/17

Here's a digital HANDBILL for the event

https://twitter.com/GemStoneIVNews/s...41874460770304

Get yours ready to be autographed by all the finalists!
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com

Reminder bump, the Roars start this coming weekend on June 10th in Ta'Vaalor!

Also, I'm pleased to announce that House Paupers will be joining us once again in our celebration of Cholen's Eve with their Second Annual Topsy Turvy Masque! They have also generously hired a special merchant to perform alterations to help revelers join the fun!

Masks & Costuming Merchant
    Saturday, July 15 10pm - 11pm ET
    House of Paupers tent set up outside Aspis's Gate.

Prepare for the Ball at this costuming merchant! Bardfest finalists may also be able to have items worked on for their final performance.

House of Paupers Second Annual Topsy-Turvy Masque
    Sunday, July 16 9:30pm - 11:30pm ET
    House of Paupers tent set up outside Aspis's Gate.

Prizes will be awarded for masks, cross-dressing, and dancing, and special recognition will be reserved for all Bardfest judges and participants that come.

Bump! First Roar is tonight in Ta'Vaalor at 10:30pm eastern at kai's statue!

Bumpity to let you all know that I will be out of town all next week, so I have extended the Bardfest performer signup deadline to July 8th which is when I will get back. Sign up and make sure you get a spot! https://goo.gl/tGq51W

I would love to attend this event, but why the fuck is it so late at night? Presumably this thing could go on till 1 in the morning.. the vast bulk of GS players are located east of Chicago; aka EST time.

One of the events starts at 11:30 PM on a work night; how the fuck is anyone (with a job) going to stay up for this?! impossible.
    Last edited by hello; 06-30-2017 at 08:18 AM.

Last reminder bump! Extended deadline is tomorrow to sign up to perform! Spaces fill up fast, don't rely on getting a walk-on spot! https://goo.gl/tGq51W

and hello, Bardfest starts at 10pm Eastern and has for years. No Bardfest-related the events start at 11:30, perhaps you're looking at the ending time for Paupers' Masque?

You guys should totally check out some of our past performances and then come TONIGHT!!!!

Here's Miss Newsby's recaps from the 5 performances of the first night:

Bellicia finished her performance, her very first Bardfest! The crowd clamored their appreciation for the song written for her parents, a heart-felt ballad. One can never go wrong with a ballad, ya'know?! Ask her to share it with you the next time you see her.

Ordim took his bow with a tale that involved, wait...get this, the Pie Shop, a Dragon, a Doll, and ... a muffin! The audience was enthralled at the fun! Get him to tell you the tale, with or without the ruff.

Jersea did the Rest proud with her competition entry, and if you ever wondered why the turtle dances, you need to ask her to tell you this one. It's WELL worth it! The assembled adventurers were enchanted!

Malmora finished up her charmingly desperate tale and the crowd roared! I dare you to ask her to tell you the tale of the man whose attention she was looking for! Oh.My.Gosh!

Sir Balantine shares beautiful poetry he created during a courtship. Evidently the poetry worked. You should be sure to ask him to share them, then take notes for your next romantic adventure!

We'll find out the finalists tonight at the end of the evening. It all starts at 10pm at Argent Aspis in the Landing. Follow the notes from TownSquare East.
    Luxie's adventures (because I must write) plus some guests from the past at my blog:
    http://www.thebardess.com