Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Catacombs dueling tournament

Default Catacombs dueling tournament

So I attended the duels in the catacombs tonight. Good fun and interesting for someone who's never gotten into dueling at all to see how it all works and how classes work against each other. Also, Roblar is tough, to say the least. One spark to the event for me was the couple of rat hunters that stumbled onto it and seeing their reaction. I chatted with one of them a bit, tried to give them an inkling of the strange events happening in their hunting ground, and then went hunting with them after the championship. So far, so fun.

Unfortunately, after we got the rat hunter fried and started heading back to town we ran into another duel of sorts. Only this time, instead of damaging AOE spells being prohibited, they weren't. So rat hunter got toasted. He was naturally shocked and thought maybe it was an intentional act. Eventually, he came to see it was an accident and forgave and forgot. I had the opposite chain of reaction. I knew immediately that it was unintentional and a stroke of bad luck/timing and wasn't bothered by it. What I came to be bothered by was the almost total lack of concern or contrition by the person who dealt the death. At first, they passed off blame with, "Well, I told you to join me." Of course, we weren't there for that and got immediately waxed upon entering the room. Then they made a half-hearted offer to provide a chrism, which they didn't follow up on, and then ignored us until finally a cleric showed up and we made it back to TSC.

Turns out the rat hunter is brand new to Gemstone and it's greatly disappointing to me that one of their first memories will be of that little fiasco. Of course, that's just me because he said, and I quote, "Tell them that there's no hard feelings." Well, there's a little hard feelings on my end. I should follow his example and forgive and move on, but I feel compelled to rant a bit and express two wishes:

1. That some people would show more courtesy and concern to people outside their immediate group than was shown tonight and,
    2. That all of us remember that not everybody is an alt, or mule, or old soul dipping their toes back in the Gemstone waters, but some are genuinely new and confused by all the goings on and even small events can color their impressions of the game we all enjoy.

tl;dr Old splatted new, new forgave, I got triggered.

Shut up, snowflake!!!1111

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tgo01 View Post
    Shut up, snowflake!!!1111
    Hillary won, get over it!

Quote Originally Posted by drauz View Post
    Hillary won, get over it!
    o rly?

Seems that having PvP in a level 1 hunting area may not have been the best choice?

Quote Originally Posted by Fromer View Post
    Seems that having PvP in a level 1 hunting area may not have been the best choice?
    It was fine during the actual event. The rules prevented things like that from happening. It was after the event was over and people were essentially just screwing around that the safety rules went out the door and people just started getting a little nuts.

Why would you have capped dueling in the lowliest hunting ground??? Potentially chased off a brand new player for your dumbshit lol's. Would've given him a mil note and apologized profusely.

Quote Originally Posted by hello View Post
    Why would you have capped dueling in the lowliest hunting ground??? Potentially chased off a brand new player for your dumbshit lol's. Would've given him a mil note and apologized profusely.
    yawn
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    yawn
    Whatever Ososis I know you don't give a shit about newbies to the game, have fun dicking around in the dollhouse.

Blog Entries