Thread: Appraisal: Delirium Manor Wizard's Hat

Default Appraisal: Delirium Manor Wizard's Hat

So, I won the hat last night, and am trying to get a feel for its value. Ardwen helped some through PMs, and more info is definitely needed (I'm going to track the daily pulls to get an idea of what to expect), but I'd like to get input from others as to its value in the event I do decide to trade or sell. As awesome as it is, it truly doesn't fit my character's RP at all (though it might be worth keeping regardless, I'm very much undecided at this point).

In any case, it's a tall black silk hat. No scripts aside from the PULL, described below. Note that Haliste has said it will get more 'zesty' soon.

Analyzes as being able to be deepened, but after using a spun slot on that service (and getting no warning from the merchant), discovered that there is a small script preventing anything from being stored in the hat.

Once per day, you can PULL a 'prize' out of the hat. Examples given were buffing spells, a nice gem (I think, can't get to the officials at the moment to check), and a war griffin (yes, a real one).

1st pull: Two casts of Premonition (via a magic powder script)
    2nd pull: A carrot. A delicious one, at that, but still, just a carrot.
    3rd pull: A baked rum-soaked apple. Delicious, and alcoholic!
    4th pull: An ebon-spotted bright crimson firestone (possibly unique gem)
    5th pull: A vaalin-spun intense lilac feystone (possibly unique gem)
    6th pull (first pull outside): A bighorn sheep (level 18 critter) {Oubar was level 20 at the time, possibly generates critters based off of level?}

Loresong:

Words of your song spill from your lips and grow increasingly quieter until the only thing escaping your mouth is air. You feel your eyes roll into the back of your head, and suddenly, you see nothing but black -- pitch black. Darkness and muffled sounds surround you.

A dark shadow appears overhead and grows in size until it hovers above you, clawed appendages reaching down toward your head! You quickly duck out of the way to avoid the frightening intrusion! Suddenly, you realize that the invader is a massive hand, whose fingers have now clamped down upon something just off to your left. You breathe a heavy sigh of relief, thankful that you had the foresight to crouch down.

A pesky itch taunts you, and you scratch your arm rapidly.

As you contemplate your dilemma and attempt to discern exactly where you are, the mysterious invader whooshes past you, but not so fast that you miss spotting a bright orange carrot grasped between its fingers. You feel your heart pound, and your stomach growls... you think you might be hungry. Wait... Where'd that carrot go??
    You have an uncanny urge to leap... jump... HOP!

The darkness around you is suffocating, and you have an overwhelming desire to escape from this frustratingly cramped space! An opening of light appears overhead, and from your crouched position, you feel as if you could run -- or jump -- to freedom! You take a deep breath, calculate the distance between you and the light, and spring upward!!

Unfortunately, you misjudge the distance and end up in a heap at the bottom of the darkness. You take a long, deep breath, and as you exhale, you spit out a tuft of white fur that flies through the air and sails to the floor.

I'm unlikely to do anything until more information has been gathered about the range of what's possible to pull, but I would like to get some feedback on how much it might be worth, ballpark. Not that I don't trust Ardwen (because he'd likely know), but I'd like some other viewpoints.

Thanks,
    0zy
    Last edited by 0zymandius; 06-24-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar

Quote Originally Posted by 0zymandius View Post
    So, I won the hat last night, and am trying to get a feel for its value. Ardwen helped some through PMs, and more info is definitely needed (I'm going to track the daily pulls to get an idea of what to expect), but I'd like to get input from others as to its value in the event I do decide to trade or sell. As awesome as it is, it truly doesn't fit my character's RP at all (though it might be worth keeping regardless, I'm very much undecided at this point).

In any case, it's a tall black silk hat. No scripts aside from the PULL, described below, no show description, no loresong, although Haliste indicated she might come back and add one, as the item screams for one. One small pocket, holds one small item.

Once per day, you can PULL a 'prize' out of the hat. Examples given were buffing spells, a nice gem (I think, can't get to the officials at the moment to check), and a war griffin (yes, a real one). My first pull was two casts of Premonition.

I'm unlikely to do anything until more information has been gathered about the range of what's possible to pull, but I would like to get some feedback on how much it might be worth, ballpark. Not that I don't trust Ardwen (because he'd likely know), but I'd like some other viewpoints.

Thanks,
    0zy
    Have you tried putting stuff inside the hat? If you can throw stuff inside like a container and depending on the amount and if it holds weightlessly it could be worth hundreds of millions.

However... unfortunately if all it does is pull stuff like gems, a spell buff, or critters out of it once every 24 hours, no other scripts (seriously, no magician stage scripts?), mechanically it isn't worth much. (you sure it doesn't have any enhancives?)
    Heck with no other scripts attached it isn't even worth much in terms of fluff.

It's has novelty value," hey look what I can I do!" and happening once every 24 hours at that.

Conclusion: If I were you, I would hang onto it since I have a feeling some extra work will be done to it.The hat, at best, seems unfinished.

Blog Entries

+7 to value if it also comes with "Some Robes"

>forage for snapdragon stalk
    d100(Open): -251
    You stumble about in a fruitless attempt at foraging.

1/6/2014: Setheve completes the promotion ritual and says, "Congratulations, Whirlin, for achieving Guild Master status! We trust you'll serve your guild well."
    1/11/2014: Grandmaster Alchemist
    1/14/2014: Capped, and got Loralaii killed by a GM.
    7/11/2016: Founded the Hand of the Arkati
    9/20/2016: T5 on my bow (Thanks to Isola)... Managed as far as T4 myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlin View Post
    +7 to value if it also comes with "Some Robes"
    I lol'd .... unfortunately.

If I were to auction it I'd open at ~40mil.
    It's a unique item as of right now. It has a currently unknown amount of things that it could possibly do. Silvers are seriously depressed so you need to factor that in as well. I think more information on what exactly is possible would better adjust the price. It will, of course, move faster at ~10-20mil opening I suspect, but you'd have all the resellers bidding at that point to sit on it and resell it later on for 2-3x what they bought it for.

24 hour cooldown is kinda weak. They should make it hourly.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Bump with loresong update, plus tracking of pulls until now.

Willing to accept offers on this. Will likely end up selling.
    Follow along on Twitter @GSIVOubar