Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 10505859606162 LastLast

Thread: Dreaven Melt Down

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Taernath View Post
    It was the main reason I used to hide my profession and do my spellups while invisible or at a table in GSIII. As far as I'm concerned, if Dreavenings reduce the amount of people begging for spells, that's a plus.
    The same guy asked me for spells when i was playing my warrior. That wouldn't have helped. I eventually gave him spells on my wizard, because I'm not an asshole, but it fucking irked the fuck out of me.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Quote Originally Posted by Ososis View Post
    Dreavenings aren't an update to the game, and they have actually hurt the community by requiring less interaction between players. Not trying to start another flame war but just because you like ice cream, and you get to eat ice cream every 4 hours, doesn't make ice cream "good" for you.
    Yes, people begging for spells was the pinnacle of RP in this game. I sure miss the old days when I couldn't walk into town square without 43827042 people asking for a full spellup. And let's not forget the ones who are like "I can send mana" and then send you like 13 mana after giving them a full GS3 spellup which is way more annoying than a GS4 spellup, and then they're like "sry I'm war only 10 mana share". It's the same today just on a lesser scale.

The golden years of RP.

You do your thing Dreaven, got no problem with it. But lets not pretend this is some altruistic act of providing a needed service to the population.
    Maybe I'm missing something here so hopefully you can explain. What benefit is Dreaven actually getting out of Dreavenings?
    Last edited by Methais; 07-16-2017 at 08:29 PM.
    Discord: 3PiecesOfToast
    [Private]-GSIV:Nyatherra: "Until this moment i forgot that i changed your name to Biff Muffbanger on Lnet"
    Quote Originally Posted by Back View Post
    I am a retard. I'm disabled. I'm poor. I'm black. I'm gay. I'm transgender. I'm a woman. I'm diagnosed with cancer. I'm a human being.
    Quote Originally Posted by time4fun View Post
    So here's the deal- I am just horrible

Blog Entries

It isn't like people still don't show up for mass spells when they're announced. You just don't have people running from all over the game like they do for Dreavenings... That never happened anyways.
    Ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam

Blog Entries

Methais spellups give you hep A to Z
    You had better pay your guild dues before you forget. You are 113 months behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Crash187 View Post
    Personally, I'd rather be skull fucked by a storm giant than show any interest in someone that has all the alts breaking character and listing lich room numbers over the amulet. But that's just me. God forbid we still have some semblance of RP.
    You suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Methais View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here so hopefully you can explain. What benefit is Dreaven actually getting out of Dreavenings?
    Well he does get tips but I think it's more a praise thing than anything else. When you're making a car payment to Simu each month a little acknowledgement goes a long ways.

[Dreavening]-GSIVrevesecretary: "[**NOTICE**] DUE TO THE INCREASE IN MANA AT DREAVENINGS, DREAVEN HAS HIRED ME AS HIS PERSONAL SECRETARY [**NOTICE**] DREAVEN AND HIS WIFE ARE HAVING MARITAL PROBLEMS AND ARE CURRENTLY AT A COUPLES COUNSELING RETREAT [**NOTICE**] THERE WILL BE NO DREAVENINGS FROM 07/16-07/18 [**NOTICE**] PLEASE PRAY THAT DREAVEN CAN WORK HIS MARRIAGE OUT IN THE MEANTIME [**NOTICE**]"
    Ok that made me laugh. Haha.

Snark aside, I am just giving my experience. I made a lot of friends by offering armor support around the towns and being repaid with spells. People don't need it like they used to, I meet less people. I personally don't go to dreavenings, so I need to ask for the kindness of others. I only directly bother close friends, and I don't keep asking if no spells are available. Sometimes I don't have all my spells and I have to deal with that. Thats my Play, I don't expect anybody to follow it based on my say so. I don't give people a hard time for going, I just don't. But if we are going to discuss it, my opinion is that it it hasn't been helpful to the game on a whole, and it makes me cringe to call it an "update" to the game. People L.O.V.E. their dreavenings, I see that. It doesn't instantly make it "good" though. Dreavenings can be very helpful individually and I can understand the argument that helping individuals (especially young ones) is good for the game as a whole, my opinion is that overall the less interaction is a bad thing.

I am not saying "Hey can I get some spell?!" is RP that I am trying to protect, but it was the icebreaker that led to many conversations and friendships for me. If people are annoying, tell them to fuck off. I can't imagine many people on PC have an issue with that tact.

I'm really striving to not be contentious with you Dreaven, I am not trying to take a stand or call you out or whatever. It is what it is and these are my thoughts. That being said, dreavenings were used to swamp the PC with votes for you as moderator (You did bow out respectfully as it took a turn, but it happened), shame some dude for some thing about something (All seemed a mess), and you say its free, but I remember being told dreavenings had raised 30-40m in donations (this may be off, second hand info as I don't have access to such announcments). Not trying to bring up any issue specifically cause whatever, like I said, do you, but I am not gonna pretend like it's a soup kitchen.
    "Hi, my name is Ososis and I'm blaming my shitty life for being such a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser. My triggers are: Red reputation, ANY mention of MacGuyver and being called a fragile, soy drinking, emotionally unstable loser."

Blog Entries

I choose not to participate because I find the whole thing heavily OOC and really not conducive to RP.

I don't hold anything against Terry for doing it though. People like it, people enjoy it, he seems to enjoy doing it. Let them have their fun.
    yours truly,

PC's resident nihilist

Snark aside, I am just giving my experience. I made a lot of friends by offering armor support around the towns and being repaid with spells. People don't need it like they used to, I meet less people. I personally don't go to dreavenings, so I need to ask for the kindness of others. I only directly bother close friends, and I don't keep asking if no spells are available. Sometimes I don't have all my spells and I have to deal with that. Thats my Play, I don't expect anybody to follow it based on my say so. I don't give people a hard time for going, I just don't. But if we are going to discuss it, my opinion is that it it hasn't been helpful to the game on a whole, and it makes me cringe to call it an "update" to the game. People L.O.V.E. their dreavenings, I see that. It doesn't instantly make it "good" though. Dreavenings can be very helpful individually and I can understand the argument that helping individuals (especially young ones) is good for the game as a whole, my opinion is that overall the less interaction is a bad thing.
    It's pretty clear you don't attend Dreavenings. You're acting like everyone shows up and are a bunch of zombies just mindlessly waiting for their spells. While this is certainly true in some cases a lot of people actually do talk, interact, and yes, even RP while waiting for the spells to start. The other day I even led a group for an RP quest in search of one of my characters who was kidnapped (by another character I created.) I also hold Roshambo tournaments at every Dreavening that a lot of people engage in and have fun with. I think some people have even made friends at my Dreavenings.

That being said, dreavenings were used to swamp the PC with votes for you as moderator (You did bow out respectfully as it took a turn, but it happened)
    So?

shame some dude for some thing about something (All seemed a mess)
    This and your prior point aren't really fair. I didn't "use the Dreavenings" for either of these things, I advertised this on my LNet channel. I have NEVER brought OOC shit in game, even at my Dreavenings.

and you say its free, but I remember being told dreavenings had raised 30-40m in donations
    33 million since I've started keeping track, yes. People wishing to show their appreciation out of their own free will doesn't somehow make this event not free.

People hear 33 million silvers and think it's a lot of silvers, and it is, and I'm not trying to diminish the generosity of the people who have tipped me, but that's 33 million in 3 months. I also gave away 10 million silvers the other day during my RP quest. I have also given away 3 million silvers since then in my monthly lottos to reward people for sending mana.

So while I do very much appreciate the tips I'm not exactly swimming in a Scrooge McDuck sized vault filled with silvers.